Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wall in the making: opinions and suggestions - Minitokyo

Wall in the making: opinions and suggestions

page 1 of 1 5 total items

I have this wall in the making: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/salva_nos/wallokane.jpg

I like the way it's going, but it lacks something and I can find anything good to complete it, so some suggestions and opinions would be nice.
Also, if you see something you would change, or you would add, or remove, tell me please.

Ooo...I love the color scheme of this wall...nice choice of scan as well (wish the posted link was fullsize though)
The background still feels very flat/empty however and somewhat disconnected from the character...so I'm just going to toss out some ideas worth trying...

Have you tried putting a texture or partial pattern on the background (to add more depth) ?
Although I really like the color, it might also be worth testing out a slightly darker shade of orange as well that allows the character's shadowy edges to blend in more

Also see if there is a smaller light colored object that you could place on the left side of the wall to balance out all the white of the character on the right (a feather, ribbon, etc)

A nice scripty text might also help bring things together

Hope some of these ideas help :)

There is a texture over the character, but for some reason photobucket resized the pic making it smaller. In the 1024 version you can see, the texture on the character.
I'll try adding some of the things you suggested, thanks for your collaboration :D

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

I agree with cyd84 and it also looks like there is something else in the background. maybe giving a little more contrast to that will give the wall a "deeper" and less flat look.
If you add any text I'd say use a simple script (not a fancy one that will get lost without alot of contrast) and make sure it is readable or blend it completely into the background. There are to many walls out there where the text is poorly placed or lacks the contrast to be really readable and there are also a few very good examples where the text is part of the wallls background.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I would like to see more of the characters from the anime incorporated into the background on the left. Then, I suggest you search for a fancy title and have it right where the incorporations of the other characters are. That's just my suggestion.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.