Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Bleach licensed! - Minitokyo

Bleach licensed!

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 56 total items

Cru

According to animeondvd, Bleach has been licensed by Viz Media... Apparently they are aiming for it to take Inuyasha's place on CN's Adult Swim.

That fact will not stop any future fansubs from being released. Some of the more well-known groups will cease the project but others will just go on.

Then again, it comes as no surprise. Naruto has been licensed and it is only natural Bleach will follow in step.

Wow, another unfinished series to get licensed. I just feel sorry for people that are only watching the series on Adult Swim, as they'll never be able to catch up to where it is now.

Signature Image

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Quote by someweirdguyWow, another unfinished series to get licensed. I just feel sorry for people that are only watching the series on Adult Swim, as they'll never be able to catch up to where it is now.

I highly agree wid someweirdguy. Bleach is one of those series that will go on fer quite sumtime. Of course japan will be ahead of the game because it comes out there first. Its just sad to hear that bleach is licensed n dat it is still going on and is unfinished. Like someone mentioned early, major groups will stop subbing it, but there are always other groups who will take it up. Long live BLEACH!

*update*

Here is an excerpt from bleachportal.net:

Bleach Portal believes in only stating true facts to its visitors. We do not embellish in rumors of any kind and the only reason I am addressing this is because it has become so widespread so quickly and so many have believed it instantly without questioning its authenticity.

About the Rumor

Now, this has popped up because one news article was found dated back on February 6th this year, stating that Viz had licensed the Bleach Anime. The site with the article is only available for paying members meaning it is impossible to get the full article, but I am very skeptical.

Problems with the Rumor

There is one source, a paying news site, that doesn't look highly reputable.

It has also been out for over a month and no one has heard anything of this nature.

There is no official information on the Viz website.

There is no information on this anywhere else.

So there you have it, the rumor and reasons not to believe it instantly, we cannot guarantee it is false, but until an official Press Release is released this is a rumor and nothing more. If it turns out to be true, we will notify you all, otherwise, let this be another dead rumor. It can go along with the "Bleach Is Ending At 52" Rumor and the "Bleach is Ending at 70" Rumor. Please people, stop believing rumors instantly they are more often wrong then true.

ZeroFear

ZeroFear

That guy...

Its not officially licensed yet....check out the short article on http://www.animenewsnetwork.com . Okay now that I've gotten all that out of the way....

NOOOOOOO! THE NEWS! IT BURNNNNNNNNSSSSSS!

Either way, the licensing is bound to happen. It's probably going to be fairly popular in the US, so some company is going to want to cash in on that.

Signature Image

lol

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

Assuming that Viz is the one that has it, let God have mercy on all of our souls. Thankfully I have seen none of Bleach so I'm not too highly anticipating it, but even if I were, the fact that Viz has its grubby hands on it would make me think twice. Prepare for a horrid release schedule, bad disc authoring and those who buy early, prepare for cheaper and way better boxsets down the line.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

Viz does OK with HunterXHunter I hear... oh well, I don't pay much attention to the American anime market. I'm too big a nerd to wait for anime/manga to be released in America to watch/read it. No big surprise though, except for that this is just now occuring. I figured it would get picked up earlier than this...

"If I were creating a world, I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, 8 o'clock, day 1." -Time Bandits

darkdragon

darkdragon

the homeless person

well i guess it would be ok. hope the voices wont be gay. since its on adult swim and its late at night it shouldnt be bad and they probably wont take out the blood

anjana90

anjana90

*Anime lUvEr 4 Eva*;;

I <3 bleach! xD it's the BEST anime!

I <3 YOU xD

SouskeUK

SouskeUK

Sunny

Quote by mikenoxNo big surprise though, except for that this is just now occuring. I figured it would get picked up earlier than this...

Agreed. I was surprised that it took them so long to pick up Bleach for US release. with so much Bleach mania it was bound to happen sooner then later.

Eureka7 got picked up after they start airing it in japan so even if Bleach haven't been picked up yet, it will get picked up very soon.

Its' not going to matter any way. I don't think we will have any problem with the fansub groups. Naruto got licensed but still coming out strong so do not worry my friends. :)

Right Now I'm too lazy to make a signature image!

that means we will soon have english version of Bleach, but it is a pretty long anime.

kagirinai

kagirinai

Lacus addict~!! XD

Well, according to Bleach Portal (www.bleachportal.net), all this 'Viz licensing Bleach' is merely a rumor, so "until an official Press Release is released, this is a rumor and nothing more."

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

The bleach license rumor IS ONLY A RUMOR! Until an offical press release icomes up, then its only a rumor. Of course in due time it will get licensed, but until then, it is still unlicensed. Its amazing ow ppl believe rumors so easily... And even if it did get licensed, fansubbers out there will still continue it, knowing how popular the bleach franchise is...

Glad it's just a rumor. I hope it doesn't get licensed until it's done. I'd hate to have Americans butcher the dubbing, the script, and possibly the subbing. Then I'd also have to wait for the rest of it to come out on DVD if the fansubbers don't continue. But for right now, we can enjoy. ;)

lets see bleach is only on episode 72 on monday but then agian there are alot of people that watch it here in america but then i wuld only watch the dubbed version to laugh at the voice actors

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

its official. Bleach is licensed as of today march, 15, 2006.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8560

That's too bad, but it wont stop subbers from doing what they do best...

Some groups won't stop subbing, but I know Lunar will probably stop. They stop the instant a license is announced. :(

Signature Image

i'm glad it got licensed though. maybe they'll translate some of the games and bring them over.

searching for faith
in the stars of your eyes

arg i wish they dont put gay voices

SolarMan

SolarMan

No Boy No Cry

over usage of letters no(...) a little yes if they bring both games for the PSP

Signature

Oh god, i just wish these companies would stop licensing and dubbing anime..it ruins to whole point of it being japanese in the first place. When anime turns dub..its messed>.<
And bleach was my favourite show as well..>.<

NewLondenion

NewLondenion

Chairman of Side 7

Pardon the following few lines of text:
over usage of the same letter (...) great, my otaku club is not going to like this at all.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 56 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.