Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Tsubasa vector in prograss i think - Minitokyo

Tsubasa vector in prograss i think

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Tias

Tias

Slither slither on the ground

yes, indeed, i THINK, well the think is, that this is my first try on vector, since i never understood hwo to use the pen tool, but in one of the tutorials i found in AP i think i understood how to use it, and i found this scan that i really liked, so i decided on making it into a vector, and use it in a wallpaper i will make after(which is generate the parts that are not on, so it looks like he is in a ruin tempel)

if it will look like how i want it to, it will be great, but first i need to know, is it a vector i am making and is it any good?

look belov, and please dont steal this, since the scan is not from MT i will know if someone did use it as a vector <_<

this is what it looked like first( i changed it into 1024x768
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/1250/tsubasascan6fa.jpg

this is what i made so far

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6885/tsubasa9nh.jpg

is the images are to big i will change them into a smaller version, please tell me what you think of it

It is time for you to drown

Wooh, I love this pic from Tsubasa.
I like how it's going, it looks pretty good.

its a work in progress, but I don't see any vectoring. =\ its gonna be tough vectoring all of that though.

Signature Image

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

If the second one is a vector, it's very nicely done for a first :) However, I do see some quirks.

* It seems strange to retain the title and even the creases from the book binding.

* Vectoring an image straight-off, without changing the bg, seems very limiting. You may as well just clean the scan. I think it would be nice if you created another bg for the chara instead.

Hope this helps. :)

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

Tias

Tias

well the 2nd is the one i am ''vectoring'' it's my first try, what i plan to do is vector all of it,(just the char so far) and when i'm done i will cut him out, and try to ''generate'' the last parts, because i'm not that great in making somthing that would fit with this, but i think i will be able to generate those things that keep the tempel from crashing, so it will be a place he is inside,(sry my explaining sucks)

i personaly think that it would look great if it where how i imaged(sp?) it
and as said, it's my first try, i first cleaned the whole scan with some filters and so, and then i began vectoring, since it was to grainy, after i'm done with it i will make it smaller, to about a 1/3 or abit smaller, and rest will be the BG

but what do you mean with a new BG for the char? do you mean while i vector it or when i will make it to a wallie?

but thanks for the comment

wolfsfreak09

wolfsfreak09

humans are foolish

thats gonna be awesome cant wait till ya finish

It is pretty good for a first vector.

But its kind of wierd that you would keep the words and folding lines of the manga cover. I would think that vectors are done normally because the scan can't or is very difficult to save (where there are huge parts chopped off due to magazine text or were its too close to the binding to be scanned). I certianly pick which pic I vector based on how easy it is to repair the image using healing and clone tools. Most of those that I do have huge parts missing.

Also, I have noticed that you have simplified the image slightly. I can't blame you here... I am working on a tsubasa vector myself and I must confesss that the manga style is very tedious to copy excatly.

The colours are brought out rather well. A big difference from the washed-out look of the original. The contrast in colours of your vector makes it look impressive. Though I feel that the skin is a little too yellow (like he's jaundiced). Maybe due to the monitor colour calibration.

All in all, great work!

akazookin

akazookin

Okinawan doughnut

woot! it's pretty good for a first try XD XD i cant vector for nuts XP lol *envys*

but i think it's going to take lotsa effort vectoring this tsubasa pic XD
pretty picture ne :D GANBATE! tias-san! Q(^^Q)

i cant wait to see the end results! hehe

Signature

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

Quote by Tiasbut what do you mean with a new BG for the char? do you mean while i vector it or when i will make it to a wallie?

I mean that just recreating the scan exactly as it was seems a bit limiting. You've done all this work and have all these files to work with, so why not think of a different environment for the chara? For instance, why not generate a diffeent temple, or add mist, etc.?

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

Tias

Tias

oh that, yeah yeah, dont worry it will look to normal with only the tempel, i do plan to make somthing with it, what i wanted to do is find picture of sakuras feather and put it in, or a ''picture'' of all her wings and make it look like it is ingraved in the floor

but i will add somthing more, thanks for the help

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.