Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Advertisement Complaint. - Minitokyo

Advertisement Complaint.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

omni

omni

Hostile But Cuddly

I can understand the necessity of advertisements on a free site as large as Minitokyo.

I've tolerated the ridiculously distracting, horribly poor looking random advertisement banner across the top of most of Minitokyo's pages.

I can stomach these things.

But the advertisement banner spot is blocking a fair portion of the top of peoples' userpages. This, I feel, is by and large intolerable. It, essentially, censors the hard work that might otherwise be displayed. Certainly, these aren't filled with advertisements--yet. But whether there is an advertisement there or not, the effect is the same.

Furthermore, the fact that it's even there to begin with will only encourage the eventual filling of it with an advertisement. Knowing advertisement banners, it will be something colorful, eye-catching, and will completely ruin each and every customized userpage.

I realize there's another advertisement thread, but I feel this is an important enough issue to warrant it's own thread. Though I've been highly unsatisfied with Minitokyo's policy on public advertisement since the update to MT3, I can understand it--to a point. But the banner spaces on people's userpages absolutely must go.

Signature ImageM. G. C. S.
No. 6, this time in desktop form.
God, I'm interesting.

good userpages can look good with ads or no ads.....you're just saying the userpages suck with the ads.....

warriormars

warriormars

Flame Sniper

im pretty sure Sheqel said he was gonna try and remove the ads from the userpages.

In the morning, laughing happy fish heads, in the evening, floating in the soup.

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

I definitely agree with you !

But what shocked me most is that i saw an add for 'meeting girls in your area' (with all the possibilities this includes), when the reason MT puts on those adds is because google got his away because of some 'mature' content... I think there's something completely illogical in that.

julian1

julian1

Pursuer Of Darkness

i totally agree.

those ads at the top make my userpage as ugly as sin.

Signature

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Quote by warriormarsim pretty sure Sheqel said he was gonna try and remove the ads from the userpages.

rest assured he did.
but seems like he is working on it.
we can wait.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

The ads are gone from member and group userpages, but I agree they are distracting on top of the page still. Oh well. At least Firefox has an adblocking plug-in.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

Heh, didn't know that Firefox had an adblock plugin, thats pretty cool. I dunno if it's me or not, but has anyone noticed the lack of those more "mature" ads that where popping up on the site? I'm seeing more ads for games and other tech things than anything else. If those are the ads we have to tolerate I have absolutely no problem with it. Would be cool to see if we could get some anime one...just for show.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

is it? Mine still has them. I noticed the black bar is still there...
Anyway, could not care less.
the rest of that spot is empty and dead space anyway, hence why I say if you are gonna design a page, always keep the right side empty. And keep it low effort lol, making a fancy page will only get more dissapointment by the ads.
Heck why I could not care less.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Shinsengumi89

Shinsengumi89

The Watcher of Movies

In the defense of minitokyo i have been to other sites like this one such as theotaku.com or animewallpapers.com which both have much worse advertisements while as mini tokyo tones the advertisments down. that is one of the reasons why i chose to join. we must not forget that they do need the money to hold this website up and one of the few ways is to advertise.

http://mt-environmentalists.minitokyo.net/ -Protect the Environment
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ - Philosophy is disscused here.
http://true-colors.minitokyo.net/ - Human Rights Group
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ - We help bridge the gaps between the different sexual orientations.

omni

omni

Hostile But Cuddly

There aren't actually advertisements in the space that I'm mentioning, but a blank, black space for them. It's sort of in the way of half of the visible top of the page, which is, itself, the most visible part.

Signature ImageM. G. C. S.
No. 6, this time in desktop form.
God, I'm interesting.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

I am going to close this thread in favor of the other advertisement discussion thread: Advertisements on MT, what do you think?

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.