Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Which is better...? - Minitokyo

Which is better...?

page 1 of 1 16 total items

DancingBlades

DancingBlades

Seducing Swords

Which do you think is a better subject for a sophmore, Physics or Chemistry? And why do you think so?

I ,like physics the best... chemistry is just... I don't know I find it boring...

i like physics, it seems straight forward, chemistry has all this crazy stuff like forumulas that dont make sense, making circles and putting dots on them which can take ages, i dont know how it works, but thats just me
physics is more reliant on maths, well to me it seems straight forward, u just have to know your algebra, trigonometry and later on ur calculus, but apparently its more theoretical now...

aiya.

I think physics is better than chemistry at that level. Both were pretty easy when I took them in high school, but physics was easier. It changed in college though, chemistry was a lot easier than physics for me... that may be because I took chemistry my first semester and that was back when I still though studying was a good idea. I never even went to my physics lectures...

At any rate, physics is at least more interesting... for me at least.

"If I were creating a world, I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, 8 o'clock, day 1." -Time Bandits

At the very elemental level, chemistry is nothing but physics, so physics. ;)

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Wow, so many physics lovers here... ^_^' I actually hated physics back in high school, which I took when I was a junior... I took Advanced Chemistry when I was a sohpomore and I didn't find it terribly difficult. I liked doing the experiments and breaking things down... Physics had too much math... >_<

Signature Image

nisnoopy3

nisnoopy3

I'm here...

When I'm at secondary level, i used to love physics and hate chemistry.. Then, when i reached higher secondary level my interest become totally opposite! I like chemistry especially the organic and inorganic chemistry parts. Calculations are much lesser compared to physical chemistry... and the experiments were fun to conduct too! ;)

Signature
[K.Y.O.N.K.O] + [V.O.T.E] = [orpheuz]
howls-moving-castle [url=http://howls-moving-castle.minitokyo.net/]~:|A NEW FACE FOR HOWL

I love chem much more than phy.
Chem is interesting.

i like chem cause i get to fool around with fare and chemicals ^_^ last time almost got my teachers tupa on fire hahahaha

It depends what you would like to do later in your life.
If you would like to study something with chemistry then your coice is made. So you shoudln't ask if it's more fun, but you should rather ask which one is more useful.

Darowin

Darowin

Oogly Boogly

PHYSICS!

Oh course physics is much better the chem...
Altought it is harder to study.....

I was never an excellent student at physics and I've always performed excellent with chemistry. So chemistry all the way!

I was never a big fan of the sciences, but if I had to choose one of those I'd go with physics because in my opinion it seems to have more obvious practical applications. I could be way off base on that statement though so no one hold it against me please!

HB13

HB13

Kaiten Kensai

Depends on your math ability, and how rigorous each course is. If it's a more advanced physics course, then you better have some good math skills (if you can call it skill) so you can get an "A." If you lack in the mathematical field then wait a year or so getting more math exposure (should be algebra, geometry/trigonometry, algebra II, and pre-calculus for a basic 4 year high school U.S. math program, with AP Calculus / College Calculus for the advanced seniors).

Basic high school chemistry just uses the basic 4 (add/substract/multiply/divide), and teaches more on concepts of the atom (a necessary background if your physics class briefly goes over nuclearphysics, usually later in the year), and laboratory technique (great if your school has the funds for experiments, and is a good intro to all the lab processes/materials).

My H.S. experience involved:
Biology -> Chemistry -> AP Biology -> AP Physics
*Taking AP Physics later on was a great help as I was also taking some calculus courses at the same time, and I was able to use that to get some extra credit points in exams.

IMO Physics kinematics, thermodynamics and other basics are all easy, but the electrical fields (of different metal structures: cylinders, wire rectangles) are what kill off a bunch of people's grades.

"The Way of the Warrior is death. This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between live and death. It means nothing more than this. It means to see things through, being resolved."
-Yamamoto Tsunenori, Ha Gakure (Hidden Leaves)

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

You need calculus for physics and you don't usually get enough calc until later on. Chemistry has much simpler math involve so it really depends on your math knowledge. Whatever works for you in the long run I suppose.

Nucleous

Nucleous

I will be taking you to.....

Physics, I generally hate chemistry coz you actually have to study it but where physics you can actually grasp and undertand the subject matter at hand and not alot of actual studying needs to be done to grasp it!

SMILE, even through your tears!!!!!
Life is not Measured by the number of Breaths we
take, but by the Moments that Take our Breath Away.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.