Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 A *drealy* wallpaper of Rey from GSD that got deleted :( - Minitokyo

A *drealy* wallpaper of Rey from GSD that got deleted :(

page 1 of 1 12 total items

I still fail to understand just WHY BotChii deleted this wallpaper. Maybe you guys can help me out, although personally I think it respects the quality standards imposed by Minitokyo :(

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/7057/gundamrey0fv.th.jpg

Comments and critics are greatly welcome.

EDIT: I wanted to say 'DREAMY' in the title... damn typos... :sweat:

Abzuseilue

Abzuseilue

The Way Of Arts~Springs forever

the main thing that same with me>,<i also also got deleted , coz the background cant so blur, now i know why^_^'dont give up

Good and bad path just choosing by yourself,the future world will change with the path you choosen
Signature
Creator and page design Adminstrator on
GundamModelClub

Kairi-Hearts

Kairi-Hearts

~sitting in the silence~

I think I know why.
first - screencaps are not allowed
second, the image isn't really well extracted - you should work on that.
don't give up^^

Screencaps aren't allowed, huh? I thought it was OK as long as they had decent quality, but I guess I was wrong... oh well. I'll work on the extraction and probably redo it with a more elaborated background and no screencaps. Thanks for the help! ^_^

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

screen caps are allowed, provided u clean them up decently, which in this case, it is not. The background is clearly very saturated and pixelated, showing little or no effort in making a complete and powerfully extensive, and effort based background. In fact, I cannot see much effort at all.
The scan was ok, clearly there are many extraction errors as the edges are all very jagged. Try to zoom in 600% to extract with the lasso tool slowly.
My personal opinion, making wallpapers take time, and this is just not as much.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Okay... so I'll clean the scan and redo the background. Thanks for the tip.

(Side note: 600% zoom? That's gonna kill my computer lol.)

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

Hm...screencaps are usually not allowed, since they're considered a low effort way to fill space. The only exception I can think of is if you vector the thing.

The bg: The jagged horizon and the blurring makes me think that it's an enlarged screencap. Again, too low effort. There are ways to generate your own bg...which are suprisingly not too hard. & the birds are a bit off. I thought they were slits of some kind until I looked closer.

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

S13

in my opinion, i think the wallpaper would look a lot cleaner if you left out the filmstrips with the screencaps. the filmstrips somewhat detract from the main "eye candy" which would be your character (especially where it overlaps on her hand).

i could be wrong, but the background looks like a screencap...it might also be better if the horizon was horizontal instead of at an angle (since your character is straight up). i think the colors for the background work well though...

as others have said before, the extraction needs some work. it looks like some of her hair got cut off. when i do extractions, sometimes i zoom in all the way or at least 1200% for some parts. also, it might help if you redraw the outlines to get a smoother look.

Thanks for replying!

All right, I understood that: 1 - I have to redo the background, and 2 - I have to clean up the extraction. But I have two questions: are the filmstrips OK? Most of the screencaps I used there were cleaned of subs and stuff, so they weren't simply put there. And second, does anyone know some hints / tips on how to make a better background? Any sort of hints, links to tutorials etc. would help.

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

Quote by OdeenaThanks for replying!

All right, I understood that: 1 - I have to redo the background, and 2 - I have to clean up the extraction. But I have two questions: are the filmstrips OK? Most of the screencaps I used there were cleaned of subs and stuff, so they weren't simply put there. And second, does anyone know some hints / tips on how to make a better background? Any sort of hints, links to tutorials etc. would help.

Hm...I think another option you could do to the background is to edit it so it is no longer a lower quility screen cap. I don't know what kind of background you are trying to create but a good palce to start is Good Tutorials and Imanimetion.

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

S13

Quote by OdeenaBut I have two questions: are the filmstrips OK? Most of the screencaps I used there were cleaned of subs and stuff, so they weren't simply put there. And second, does anyone know some hints / tips on how to make a better background? Any sort of hints, links to tutorials etc. would help.

well, it's just my 2 cents as i said earlier...i think your wallpaper could do without the filmstrips. i'm not saying the screencaps or filmstrips are bad or anything...its just that i think it makes the wallpaper a bit too busy and the eye doesn't really focus as much on your character (the big rey on the right).

as for tutorials you can check out this thread:
http://forum.minitokyo.net/thread/13/photoshop-tutorial-sites/

if there's a specific background you have in mind, you may try doing a search in google for tutorials.

hope this helps...

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

I agree with S13 on the filmstrips. Also, as stated before, screencaps just look low quality. & a lack of fansubs may mean that the artist cleaned them, or it could mean they were taken from raws.

As for the bg, re-editing an enlarged screencap won't be enough, though you could reconstruct it from scratch. The sites hongrbroi recommended are good places to start looking for tutorials for that.

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.