Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 the best spyware n antivirus program - Minitokyo

the best spyware n antivirus program

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 39 total items

hey guys, did you all have any recommandation on the best spy-ware or anti virus programs?
for me....
spy-ware program: spy-ware doctor
antivirus program: avast antivirus...(it's actually norton....... but u need to buy a new 1 everyear...... waste a lot of money XP)

I'm incomplete,
I'm a hybrid,
I'm the demi-god,
I'm ONIGAMI!

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

For spyware I've been using Spybot Search and Destroy. As far as I can tell it's very effective.

For antivirus I use AVG Anti-virus (Free Edition). I get regular updates and my pc gets scanned every morning (I'm connected to the internet 24/7).

So far I've little to no problems in terms of spyware and viruses.

Also to get rid of pop-ups that Firefox doesn't do automatically I recommend everyone download the Adblock extension for Firefox. It allows you to manually block scripts for annoying popup ads.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

Brollyr0x

The Legendary Super Saiyan

PestPatrol i think is one of the best.I use it all the time and i am very satisfied.

Everyone gets away with something. No one gets away with everything...

spybot search and destroy:

Why?

Because it's FREE!1111!

Signature

yea..... i'm oso usin spybot search and destroy......
and my spydoctor is the trial ver. .......

I'm incomplete,
I'm a hybrid,
I'm the demi-god,
I'm ONIGAMI!

Spybot's teatimer function is also pretty good (included with spybot)
If a malicious program trys to change your registry, you can either allow it or prevent it.

Signature

I'm using Spyboy search and destroy too for spyware.
For antivirus I use Kaspersky. Never have problem with it.

I know that a lot of people tend to complain about McAfee sometimes, but I've been using it since I had my laptop, and I've been impressed with the results. It never hogs space and is always quick on the virus eradication.

Good thread ultima! I was just wondering that days ago,when,my PC's firewall got cracked.I thought that the AV that came with NSW 2005 was the best,but it got cracked.Now I use the one that came with NSW 2006,ant I went to the same site again.Nothing happened.Hoora 4 NAV! P.S.:Uses lotsa sys resources though.

Darkest secrets.Betray your friends.Look into the eyes of fear.Love the right person.Let go

I'd recommend Spybot and Microsoft's antispyware is also good.

Asigha

Asigha

Welcome To The Club

Hmm I would have to say Norton Anti Virus2006
it's really affective and it stops the viruses adn spyware right in it's tracks lolz :)

...i will rise again...
{~}In Trance We Trust{~}
Signature

spyware: ad-aware SE personal (it's a VERY good and free program)
viruses: norton antivir

and the best protection against viruses is the windows update, i know that a lot of you don't like this fact and i don't like it either, but everytime i installed windows on computer running it without a proper update viruses just pop up like mushrooms, they are everywhere enjoying the fact that you are too stupid to get rid of all the bugs your system has.

i like trend micro. i would usually pick norton for most people, but there was a bug in the licensing for NAV 2006. the fix is supposed to out on March 17, but i think that's way too long since it's already been a couple weeks. where i work, customers have been coming in with problems of having their license renewed. otherwise i like trend micro's anti-spyware and pest patrol. except pest patrol can't do multiple account scheduling which is disappointing. but it has a really good scanning engine. ad-aware and spybot are good too though. for cleaning computers i'd recommend the free scanning engines of mcafee, trend micro, and fprot. for spyware removal i'd recommend spybot, adaware, trial version of spy sweeper, pest patrol, and xoftspy.

searching for faith
in the stars of your eyes

spybot search and norton antivirus.

Norton is a system resource hogger.

Signature

SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTORY

I personally use 5 different programs to delete and prevent spyware: Adaware, Spybot, Spyblaster, Hijack This, and firefox.

For AV software I use NAV corperate, since I use my PCs mainly I'm able to use the company license.

If all of those programs fail I use a Pre-instilation Environment CD to clean off the infected files.

the program i use its spyware nuke

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

I recommend Spybot S&D as the main one with AdAware backing it up. the two programs seem to complement one another rather well. If Spybot doesn't catch something AdAware usually does. As for AV, i suggest getting the most recent up to date version of pretty much any widely available program (norton, mcaffee, kapersky, etc...) and keeping it up to date preferably on a daily basis. Also keep you OS up to date.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

tokyomichael

tokyomichael

Japan's Best Samurai

I use firefox with NOscript to aviod the online viruses and crap but i use notion 06 and spysweeper(by webroot) scan takes 15 min for me which isent a big deal cause i have 100 gig fullied on my drive :)

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Quote by tokyomichaelI use firefox with NOscript to aviod the online viruses and crap but i use notion 06 and spysweeper(by webroot) scan takes 15 min for me which isent a big deal cause i have 100 gig fullied on my drive :)

WTF! u've a 100 gig memory i your drive?!
man, that's scary........

I'm incomplete,
I'm a hybrid,
I'm the demi-god,
I'm ONIGAMI!

For my experience, I can say that there is no single best anti-virus or anti-spyware around. Each one of them has their own pros and cons. For the anti-virus, you have 3 popular choices, AVG, Norton, or McAffee. Just choose one among them since installing more than 1 anti-virus software will mess things up. For anti-spyware, there is AdAware, Spy-Bot search and Destroy, and tons of other. I normally install around 3 anti-spyware in my comp because each one of them has their own unique detection style.

MidniteAnime

MidniteAnime

Midnight

the program i use for anti-virus is Norton AniVirus

~Midnight~
ava

Angel-Ripper

Angel-Ripper

The laughing man

i use "spybot" and "avira antivir 7"

WARNING, noob with bad english @ work :-)

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 39 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.