Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Quad SLI by NVIDIA - Minitokyo

Quad SLI by NVIDIA

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Alfredigital

Alfredigital

I WAS BORN TO MURDER THE WORLD!

At the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, NVIDIA & Dell Just Launched a PC with 4 GeForce 7800gtx GPU's! XD. I really would like to see those in my case, but the question is, would this new technology be Heavy on your pocket, if your going to build a custom one?

QUAD SLI
DELL X.P.S. 600 Renegade

Quad SLI is now available on other desktops not just only Dell.

Besides the new 7900gt is actually faster than the 7800gtx.

BTW: that image is not Quad SLI

Here: Quad SLI card.

Quad SLI config.

sources:
here
here

Signature

I think that'd be sweet to have, but doesn't look like there's room to put in any more hardware down there. So you'll be stuck with onboard stuff for everything else?

Signature Image

I need a bigger , bigger , bigger mainboard .

I don't think i can afford those cards. Power requirement is too high, at least 400watt just for the card. also, I heard that the current CPUs can't keep up with Quad sli.

Quote by omnizeroI don't think i can afford those cards. Power requirement is too high, at least 400watt just for the card.

Which is why there are PSU design for SLI systems.
SLI ready PSUs

Signature

Those are quite expensive, and wow, 1 KW. You'll never run out of power with that. ;)

Signature Image

Quote by someweirdguyThose are quite expensive, and wow, 1 KW. You'll never run out of power with that. ;)

Yeah 1KW should never run out of power problems, but try fitting that into a case is another thing.

Signature

What's the problem? It looked like a normal sized PSU to me. Also, in the description, it said it fits into a standard ATX case.

Signature Image

Quote by someweirdguyWhat's the problem? It looked like a normal sized PSU to me. Also, in the description, it said it fits into a standard ATX case.

that is if you have a large atx case otherwise.

read here
link

Signature

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Perhaps once it drops below $60, I might do it...provided of course I see a need at the time to upgrade my Geforce FX dual-head. I did after all run my Riva TNT2 Ultra for near seven years before upgrading to this.

merged: 03-20-2006 ~ 04:27am
Perhaps once it drops below $60, I might do it...provided of course I see a need at the time to upgrade my Geforce FX dual-head. I did after all run my Riva TNT2 Ultra for near seven years before upgrading to this.

I am invincible!

If you're waiting for the Quad SLI to fall below $60, I bet you'll be waiting for a while...

Signature Image

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Indeed I am. I lack a strong need for Quad SLI.

I am invincible!

Quad sli......that would be so awesome...even better since Nvidia has also annouced support for physics in SLI mode...
http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/03/20/1818236&from=rss

(I'm somewhat new to this place....I hope I'm allowed to post links.... :p)

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

Well I only have Dual SLI: two GeForce 6800gs vid cards in SLI mode. I wonder how much a motherboard that has four AGP slots cost?

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

Blu-Ray

Blu-Ray

The before-birth one hand

PFfftt.... Quad SLI, what a load. Two 7800's is enough to keep you running everything at max settings for 2-3 years, if you need four, your just showing off.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.