Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Human Genome Project - Minitokyo

Human Genome Project

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 27 total items

1st, cloning will be forbidden, it'll cauz a lot of trouble.......
if any terrorist get the technology to clone themselve...... human r gonna be doom.......
anyway, by modifying the genes or whatsoever in the human bodies, it'll lead to a crisis.... or anything that will bring human to further destruction...... cauz it'll become like what's happening in gundam seed......
humans, if we're gonna die or extinct from this world, so be it.
no matter what we do, nothing can change the faith....... even if u clone human bodies.....

I'm incomplete,
I'm a hybrid,
I'm the demi-god,
I'm ONIGAMI!

well.. humans are constantly in seek of new ways of improving our lives and bettering ourselves... but is genetic engineering and cloning the only way? hmm.. this is exactly like gundam seed...

a totally different class, or probably a new race, of "superior" humans will arise and the gap between the rich and poor could further widen. bcos, obviously onli the rich could afford to alter there genes. there could be jealousy and resentment that might break out in war...

cloning and genetic engineering both require test subjects in order to succeed. think of the number of human beings that have to be sacrificed in order to create one perfect human? is it really worth it? and that "perfect" person would have to face up to tremendous pressure, having to meet up to everyone's expectations of being a more intelligent person. and would he live to be happy? ...knowing that he is alive because many others died before him. would YOU want to be born into a life like that?

moreover, many before me has talked about intelligence. i think that intelligence is nothing if one does not put in hard work. so what if one is born intelligent but does not put in any effort? that person could very well be reduced to ground zero in the end, because if you want something, you would have to fight for it. no one sits around and wait for achievements to fall from the sky..

furthermore, there's the problem of failed subjects. they could have physical or mental defects... what then do we do with these "defective" humans that have been created? kill them? or leave them to struggle through a dejected life knowing that you are deprived of a normal life just because some humans tried to enhance you and failed?

RubyDrg0n

Wanna-be-Drg0n

UnknownFactor:
lol... your comment about having a child with high IQ juz show that you want to show superiority that your genes are better than mod ones.... but are you sure that ur child can gain that superiority?

ultima-weapon:
eh... cloning is not forbidden... it is only that are we willing to risk for the gain...

xstellarx:
hmm... nice point...love it...
my point: wat if some scientist is smart enough to arrange the genetic mods together to let us evolve into a new form...? like a form living underwater or in red hot magma... and our decendent can experience these extreme enviroment and study its nature and stuff alltogether?
i think this outcome is kinda good....

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 27 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.