Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 is black the new blonde? - Minitokyo

is black the new blonde?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

midnightLOVERS

midnightLOVERS

.:THE QUEEN OF HEARTS:.

i natrually have black hair because of my asian roots but more and more everyday do i see people with unnatural black hair. im not sure if this is just a thing thats going on where i live but i do see that more often. in the past blonde was the thing. everybody wanted to get there hair colored blonde. now it black. so im thinking that black is or rather has been the "in" color hair for a while. but i wonder what started this new hair trend? and for how long this trend is going to last?

Avatar, signature, and userpage skin all thanks to k1ru
Signature Image
soon love soon

I am half asian (viet), and half white. My dad's blonde hair/blue eyes white guy. That has no relavence to anything. Now, people have been dyeing their hair black as much as blonde at least since dyeing hair became popular (maybe as far back as ancient Egypt). So, saying one is more popular than another is not really true. People have an interest or curiosity in something that is different than them. So black haired people are interested in women with blonde hair, and blondes are interested in black hair, and I'm interested in women with red hair ;) Especially curly red hair.

happygreendragonfly

happygreendragonfly

The Cheerful Person

^ Curly red hair, huh? LOL! I always thought red hair was cool. @__@

I think dying the hair black or blonde are both popular.
I don't think one color is prefer more than the other color.
I see about the same amount of people dying their hair black or blonde...
At least from where I'm at.

This trend will probably be around forever, a lot like blonde hair. My friends who dye their hair black say it is just because they hate their natural hair colour and blonde hair has the 'bimbo' stereotype attached to it...

Kelena

Kelena

Pulchritudinous Solitudinarian

I guess I have been seeing more people dying their hair black. Well, mostly the people who used to have it dyed blonde. Maybe they're getting tired of the blond/blond highlights.

But then again, it goes both ways I think.

I use to be blonde...a natural blonde...and I-HATED IT! I love my blue-black hair so much the only reason I would stop dyeing my hair is if I my hair were to turn white not gray when I'm old...only then would I stop but until I am truly in love with my black hair and never want to go back. If you people ever see me back here talking about how much I love my blonde hair you have my permeation to kill me right then I'll even give you my home address and mail you a gun and bullets.

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I;m kind of suprised by it myslef first I heard about this being asian myslef.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

I've always been a part of the black hair camp. Never could get too much into blondes, but that dark hair always made a persons features more distinct, and frankly a dark black has always been sexier. Ok, so this is a guy's answer after all, and for the record I'm naturally brown haired. So all you females with the dark black hair, keep it... *clears throat* just ignore me.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

I did used to be natural blonde, and then I dyed my hair dark. Not black, though - that would have been too much. But I like my hair darker, and I guess as a general rule I do like darker hair on people these days. I couldn't really tell you why, though - just the mystery, maybe. And I've disliked bottle-blondes for ages, so maybe its about time brunettes had their turn. ;)

I don't know who started it, or how long its going to last. I honestly don't think its that much of a new trend; where you are, maybe, but certainly not everywhere. As far as I can tell, people around here still appreciate the blondes.

i have naturally black hair XD. western countries have a lot of people liking black hair but a lot of asian women have their hair dyed in different colors with some even blonde. it's kinda the other way around ^_^'.

It seems that being something other than what you normally are is what is popular. People want change, and dying your hair is probably just an easy way to change how people percieve you.

That aside, I've never been a fan of dyed hair for the most part, it almost always looks worse than the natural colour.

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

I have black hair naturally but I can't see myself dying it anything in my life unless I miraculously become an actress and I need to do it for a job. XP But seriously, I don't see too much people in my area dye their hair black but I dunno why, it kills your head in the summer.

Haohmaru77

Haohmaru77

Stray Wanderer

I dont know, girls with black hair are sooo HOT! Also, blondes are said to be.... well, you know, a little dumb... I myself prefer red-haired...

Signature Image
Dude, I'm doing something for you. Return the favor!
Donate money to the poor!! Or at least heed their voices!
Thanx to K1ru for the super signature!

Dunno...a lot of my friends have blonde or red highlights. Asian women like red , I guess, since a lot have their hair dyed thta color instead of keepign their usual black. Black iseems to be more popular with everyone but Asians.

I dyed my hair black... but only because I didn't want to bleach my hair again to get rid of the abnormal hair colour of before(pink) for work... oh and in my area I tend to see alot more people with the bright blonde and the dark brown or black underneath... that or chunks and chunks of blonde or whatever shades of other colours in their hair... no one wants to be of one hair colour in these parts anymore *sigh*

Yeah, all Asians have black hair, so having black hair's not special. xD I like black hair though, and I'm Asian. o.0

I think most people look best in their natural hair color because it also matches their skin tone/eyes/facial structure.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

Tasana

Tasana

~~....Longing for Serenity....~~

i hope black hair is getting popular, i'm sick of blondes and by blondes i mean the girly preppy pink loving ones.... i actually was thinking of dying my hair black and getting it straightened....i 'm sick of my boring brown curly hair lol

Signature

I doubt it.

If everybody knows just who you are, then your walk on role becomes a major part. Have you ever attempted to be yourself? When everybody wants you to be someone else... Going up and down and back again..

Meh, I just think that dying hair is like "cool" or something as percieved in society. And asians go for a lighter shade (brown/red-ish) when they dye their hair cause they can't go any darker and natural blondes tend to dye their hair dark when they do cause they can't go any lighter.

Signature

i dun tink black hair is the new blonde la cuz still alot of people hair remain natural black like STUDENTs! but i would like to try highlighting so there will be black and coloured hair!

I see as many fake blonds as fake blacks. I think there both as popular as each other

Elegants

Elegants

Getting back into the game

I dont know yet I dont care I look hot anyway thats why my nick names ELEGANTS!

midnightLOVERS

midnightLOVERS

.:THE QUEEN OF HEARTS:.

thnaks for all your comments

Avatar, signature, and userpage skin all thanks to k1ru
Signature Image
soon love soon

my thoughts on this disscusion are absolute........being a NATURAL blonde myself i find it flattering that evry1 els wants 2 be like us!haha, im nt sure if black is the new blonde, bt i no as many pepl wif black hair as i do wif blonde hair! Wy dnt we get reli crazy nd hav completely difrant colurs! Im having pink streaks soon so im da 1st 1 2 start da trend dnt 4get it! ^_* Jelly xox

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.