Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 what the hell is with namco? - Minitokyo

what the hell is with namco?

page 1 of 1 13 total items

look, there's only 3 tales series are in eng ver.......
which is tales of eternia(destiny 2), symphonia(for gamecube... wtf~) and legendia..........
how about other series? like the abyss and rebirth? i'm really looking forward to play the eng ver. of this 2 series..........
why don't they just make all the tales products into eng ver. and stop choosing to translate some selected product into eng ver............
this really makes me annoyed.......

I'm incomplete,
I'm a hybrid,
I'm the demi-god,
I'm ONIGAMI!

dMp

dMp

^___________^

you're not the only i hope. there's other people out there pissed about Namco as well. i guess we just have to wait and see what they'll do next ;)

unfortunately, the tales series doesn't sell as well in america as it does in japan. As of third quarter 2004/2005 fiscal year, sales were down for all their games. This affects their business strategy. Tales of Symphonia, for example, sold 395,000 copies in apan, while in north america, it sold 285,000 copies. since there are more people in america to buy games than in japan, if you're selling fewer games here, you're less likely to distribute games in full force. i'm sure they get even LESS games in Europe, as they only sold 184,000 copies there.
Now i thought the game was awsome. I never beat it, but what i did play was great. unfortunately, money makes the world go 'round.

namco is doing such a good job, i think
i love ace combat, and the clasic musium thingy they come out with...hehe
yea but most games that come out in japan dont come here to NA, so thats a bit of a downer

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

Namco uses their time to focus on releasing the absolutely horrid Xenosaga games. After that then maybe they can focus on more of the Tales games... just don't ever bring any more garbage like Legendia over... EVER.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

In the United States PS1 got Tales of Destiny, and the improperly named Tales of Destiny II, (japanese name was Tales of Eternia) PS2 got Tales of Legendia, Gamecube got Tales of Symphonia, and Gameboy Advance got Tales of Phantasia. Half of the problem is downright abyssmal advertising and EVERYONE knows that 90% of the special stuff is half done or removed, examples

opening themes- gone
Pocketstation in Eternia- gone
Miniskit voiceovers- gone or half done
future outlook- better when they stop releasing the 'sagas and the museums

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

i'm pissed with Namco because they haven't announced a PS2 release for DR yet!

Signature

Namco also trashed the GBA port of Tales to top things off, little of the original charm remains and I'm not talking about the script.

My friend wants to get a copy of Symphonia, but apparently they stopped printing PAL copies so I guess he is out of luck.

Quote by kannasannamco is doing such a good job, i think
i love ace combat, and the clasic musium thingy they come out with...hehe
yea but most games that come out in japan dont come here to NA, so thats a bit of a downer

yo, kiddo, i'm talkin about tales series.......

I'm incomplete,
I'm a hybrid,
I'm the demi-god,
I'm ONIGAMI!

Phren

Phren

Kodoku no Koe

Isn't it as much Sony's doing as Namco's?
I don;t know the specifics of each negotiation, but I know Sony discourages a lot of titles from coming across the pond, and I think Tales fell prey to a bit of that.

.../X\(. .)/X\ *scuttle*

kklam

kklam

MS stands for Meteor Sweeper XD

But it is quite true that nmco lauches too many "tales of " title, I nearly got boring with it

Signature
	Imagehttp://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto%5CimgFiles%5Cpersonal%5C696703V2QS1.gif

Tales is decent, but it isn't good enough to guarantee profits in the US. I can understand why Namco and SCEA are being careful about its releases. You can always import. Good luck reading, though.

And "across the pond" means across the Atlantic. Japan is separated from the US by the Pacific.

Phren

Phren

Kodoku no Koe

but it still doesn't stop me from getting peexed about not being able to play the series that I like, because of it.

*shrug* sorry for my misuse of a previously established term, and failure to visualise shipping routes and characterise the size/shape of the pacific

.../X\(. .)/X\ *scuttle*

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.