20 votes
I'm skeptical...
6 votes
Horrible, horrible idea XO
1 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Cancel

Okay, searching around on the net and guess what I come across?

The information that they are working on 4 Full Metal Alchemist OVAs!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8164

Apparently, one of them is the characters in superdeformed form XP - I believe there is a picture of it in the gallery somewhere... and that is all I know for now.

I've just finished reading chpt 57 of the manga - btw, it's so much better - but you know, the anime has it's good points too - but yes, anyway back on track: as much as I love FMA - I don't want them to come out with some lame sequel... but I guess they are OVAs... so it may not be too bad... although can't say I'm too hot on the idea of chibi FMA characters...

--------------------

I think it'd be alright, if it the OVA's were based on the past, such as Mustang's or Scar's or even the what *SPOILER* 2 years Ed and Al spent separated. Though I suppose having something new about what they are all doing now would be alright too.. it's just I don't think an OVA leaves much room for development for something terribly new.

Hey... even though this may not work out as well, because of the spin anime took on it, but even short animated bits from the manga - because as I was reading I was thinking - 'Wow, this part would have been GREAT as an animated feature, complete with sound and music!'

Well I just thought I'd post up the news, and see what people think of the idea.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving up something in return.

fluke

fluke

Part-time Vector Artist

Cancel

It says 3 OVA's in that link you have there. I'm not sure what to expect, I would only hope its every bit as good as the show was and not some kinda spoof or something...I would like something that would add more to the story, be it a back story on someone, or what happened to Al in the 2 years, or heck maybe it's after the movie which I highly doubt. I'm not looking forward to the SD versions of the characters.

Cancel

Haha that'd be right - I was thinking as I posted that... I wonder whether I put the right amount of OVA's up or not... I've been reading a couple of forums, so I probably picked it up from there the number 4.

My mistake ^_^;

-renkinjutsushi-

-renkinjutsushi-

Samurai Alchemist

Cancel

It *is* four OAVs. One is SD, all the characters and solid crack, one is the animation from the Universal Studios ride, one is called "Kodoma-hen" and the only thing we know is it's set in Tokyo in 2005 and there is what looks to be a young Ed, Al and Winry running around. The fourth is some sort of live-action thing, and that's all we know.

On top of all that, Paku Romi said something about playing Edward as an "ojiisan" ... so, we'll see what develops.

(ojiisan = grandfather, or old man, in Japanese.)

Whosoever hath this Stone, may live in a healthful state, to the last term of his Life, appointed to him by God, and may have all whatsoever he desires on Earth. -- A Work of Saturn; Johann Isaac Hollandus

Cancel

Whoa!

Whish they make them as soon as possible.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ecchi-Club | Yuri-Lovers | Kimono-Fans

• Mar 21, 2006

schwindelmagier

schwindelmagier

Anna Vi Britannia+++

Cancel

wahaaa^_^
if this is true,my life will get more funny than before>.<
FMA-OVAs...what a great anouncement.....whoa...cool
51 episodes,a movie and then....some OVAs....wonderful
^____________^
I am looking forward to them

Signature Image
+s.m.i.l.e. - the illusion of humanity+

Haohmaru77

Haohmaru77

Stray Wanderer

Cancel

Hope the OVAs follow the manga storyline... It just keeps getting better and better...

Signature Image
Dude, I'm doing something for you. Return the favor!
Donate money to the poor!! Or at least heed their voices!
Thanx to K1ru for the super signature!

-renkinjutsushi-

-renkinjutsushi-

Samurai Alchemist

Cancel

Quote by Haohmaru77Hope the OVAs follow the manga storyline... It just keeps getting better and better...

No such luck at the moment. I, for one, would LOVE to see the Xingian characters animated. We'll just have to hold out that FMA stays popular enough to warrant more animation.

Whosoever hath this Stone, may live in a healthful state, to the last term of his Life, appointed to him by God, and may have all whatsoever he desires on Earth. -- A Work of Saturn; Johann Isaac Hollandus

Cancel

A lot of people feel Full Metal is one of the best animes to come out in a long time - so I think there is a very strong chance that animation will continue.

I really would love to see the manga animated - it's just how are they going to do it with the twist they did with the anime? It'll be difficult - but hey fantasicif they can pull it off :D! ;)

-renkinjutsushi-

-renkinjutsushi-

Samurai Alchemist

Cancel

Quote by KukuruA lot of people feel Full Metal is one of the best animes to come out in a long time - so I think there is a very strong chance that animation will continue.

I really would love to see the manga animated - it's just how are they going to do it with the twist they did with the anime? It'll be difficult - but hey fantasicif they can pull it off :D! ;)

There's always a possibility, unless the studio nixes it. And really, I'd rather they go back and animate the manga then contiune the current anime storyline. I love the anime, and I absolutely love how the story ends, both in episode 51 and the movie. Trying to extend it further after the movie would kind of cheapen it, in my eyes.

The big hurdle is how much the anime and the manga are similar early on - they probably wouldn't want to reanimate a lot of that. Yet there's so much different material, and so many more fights ... I want to see the Roy/Lust fight LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE. *crosses fingers and hopes*

DarkKelta

The Fallen

Cancel

I hope that they can make it as good as the anime, that would kick major ass. I also want to see another season of FMA, the last episode on Saturday's [AS] left too many questions for me to end it like that. They also killed the humonculi too fast after Greed >_< .

Everyone can dream...can't they

• Mar 23, 2006
Cancel

Ahah yes! I'm so holding out for Manga animation - it'd be fantastic. Rekinjutsushi - I just want to see that entire (well okay entire manga, yes but more specifically) chapter animated it would be so amazing!

Oh, hehe I also LOVE the whole thing with Riza and Barry - I found that terribly amusing, one day I think I shall get around to doing a doujinshi ;)

Oh, I must also agree, after rewatching the anime after reading the manga (hehe I'm alternating between the two) I still like what the anime has down, I mean it still all fits together right well, and quite frankly I love Ed in Munich *heart* But yes, I think extending the movie further I don't think will do it justice, which is why I'm skeptical of the whole thing because it's just what I can see that as what the animators will do.

See, I'm already not liking the idea of SD FMA characters - it takes away the seriousness of it and turns it into bleck.

-renkinjutsushi-

-renkinjutsushi-

Samurai Alchemist

Cancel

Quote by KukuruOh, I must also agree, after rewatching the anime after reading the manga (hehe I'm alternating between the two) I still like what the anime has down, I mean it still all fits together right well, and quite frankly I love Ed in Munich *heart* But yes, I think extending the movie further I don't think will do it justice, which is why I'm skeptical of the whole thing because it's just what I can see that as what the animators will do.

See, I'm already not liking the idea of SD FMA characters - it takes away the seriousness of it and turns it into bleck.

Having just watched the OAVs, I must say they're about what I hoped they'd be. The "Children" OAV is SO CUTE and slightly bittersweet in the end ... there's a cameo by some other characters as children too.

The chibi OAV is supposed to be OOC - it's a "wrap party" type of event. Roy and Ed get the most screen time and Roy gets shot down brutally by Hawkeye more than once, Ed and Al get flattened by rampaging Black Hayates, and Gluttony gets mad and eats Scar. All that and more in a six-minute OAV. It's hysterical.

quills

quills

sleepy dreamer

Cancel

thanks for the ova info-- i'll try anything to get my hand on one of those dvds...
i enjoyed the movie and is very curious about the deleted scenes!
Of course~ there will never be enough or too much of FMA!

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

• Mar 29, 2006

DarkRini

DarkRini

i dont get it...

Cancel

i've seen two of them they're pretty short too. I didn't know what was going on because no subs but it was pretty funny(the chibi ova)

• Mar 30, 2006
Cancel

I think it a very horrible idea that they even made one most especially the 3rd OVA . Its not that i don't want to see another FY series but its just that the stories sucks and the animation too.

• Mar 31, 2006

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.