Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Airlines and How they are planning to stick it too you. - Minitokyo

Airlines and How they are planning to stick it too you.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Give me your thoughts on this item.

Excerpts from :
Online Ticketer Say We'd Pay For Airline Comfort
New York Post 03/17/2006
Copyright (c) 2006, N.Y.P. Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.
March 17, 2006 -- Airline travelers are eager to shell out an extra $20 or more for their seats if they can avoid noisy kids or get a roomier aisle spot, a new report says.
Passengers also would be willing to pay more for many other individual services, such ordering eats from a menu of gourmet treats or being served a fine single-malt Scotch instead of routine hooch.
Cost-cutting on airlines has eliminated most amenities to provide economy fares, creating a huge pent-up demand for creature comforts for the bored or harried airborne.
"We've discovered that more than half of the flying public would be willing to spend more for improving the quality of their flights," said Nicole Lowe, spokeswoman for software firm Amadeus North America, which provides airline booking and management technology.
For example, a seat next to a window could cost $5 more than a middle seat, or leg room for a 6-foot-5 passenger could go for an added $20 or so, she said. Getting a guaranteed overhead storage bin above your specific seat could be gotten for another few bucks.
"Many airlines haven't yet tapped into these new opportunities to increase their revenue of each flight," she said.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I think this just sucks for the people that can barely afford plane tickets. So what do they get stuck with? Well, they get a cheap ticket, but sit next to fat men with loudy children. I don't think this is fair, and if implemented, I see lawsuits bound to happen...

Signature Image

I agree with you weirdguy even if you're weird (hehe). The airlines should make things more fair! It's not fair that they only give good services to wealthier people. All men and women are created equal and they shall be treated equally. It doesn't matter if they're black or they're white, we want rightiousness(think that's spelled right)!

tanteikun

tanteikun

Kawaikunai!

I think it is a perfect measure, you get what you pay for, this is life

Signature
Shinjutsu wa Itsumo Hitotsu

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

Airlines provide a paid service. As unfair as it may seem, they have the right to make what profit they can. You can ask restaurantes to prohibit smoking because it is harmful to other patrons. You can't ask airlines not to provide special services to people who have more money to spend. Unless there is harm involved you have to accept the quality you can afford. I hate screaming children and overweight passengers, but this isn't a matter of discrimination. This is just good business.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.