Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Poll: 3D Engine War - Minitokyo

Poll: 3D Engine War

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Zelgadis

Zelgadis

Chimera

Today the gamer want more and more power in 3D engine (expecialy in FPS) so whats your fav engine?
Here my top 3 :

1. Half-Life 2 Engine : ive only seen some vid and shot and this one will be the best!!!
2. Cry Engine : did you play Farcry? if not you most its the best visual effect with Doom 3
3. Doom 3 Engine : im playing it right now and its beautiful but less action-packed...

Signature

Member of -- Quebec Freaks Group --

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

I haven't seen how the Half-Life 2 engine works on a current PC, but Far Cry looked better than Doom 3 and even played a lot more fluid.

- Far Cry has: most beautiful water ever, huge outdoor areas with lots of very realistic vegetation, plays fluid with even an entire army fighting on the screen
- Doom 3 has: awesome light/shadow effects
- Half-Life 2 is yet to come
- Pain ... never made it to get that game, but I doubt it can keep up with those above mentioned
- Unreal (which one?): the last time I saw one of the Unreal engines was in Thief- Deadly Shadows; Thief never looked better, but the textures under all these bump-maps weren't all that great and I noticed quite some clipping errors and even got stuck in some walls or objects while playing the game :\

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

sanmadjack

sanmadjack

Tube tops are too cylindrical

Half-Life 2's engine I would say is the best so far, but Unreal and Doom3's engines have support for Linux, and that's a big one. Overall, though, I think HL2's is the best.

Signature
Registered Linux user 395626
Hi-Res Icons - http://www.rabiez.tk/
Want a gmail address? Let me know, I've got invites coming out of my butt!

Chickomon

Chickomon

The Dog of War

how about the dark sector engine?

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
-- Wernher von Braun

Zelgadis

Zelgadis

Chimera

Quote by Chickomonhow about the dark sector engine?

what game run on this engine and the poll option only accept 5 answer but that good if anyone else have a engine not in the list feel free to say it :D

Signature

Member of -- Quebec Freaks Group --

Kevorkian

The Worst

Doom 3 takes the cake.

athiest, faceless, ageless, shapeless, mind elevates into states i'm weightless, spines shake when they in the wake of greatness

Quote by NoctumI haven't seen how the Half-Life 2 engine works on a current PC, but
Far Cry looked better than Doom 3 and even played a lot more fluid.
- Far Cry has: most beautiful water ever, huge outdoor areas with lots
of very realistic vegetation, plays fluid with even an entire army
fighting on the screen
- Doom 3 has: awesome light/shadow effects
- Half-Life 2 is yet to come
- Pain ... never made it to get that game, but I doubt it can keep up
with those above mentioned
- Unreal (which one?): the last time I saw one of the Unreal engines
was in Thief- Deadly Shadows; Thief never looked better, but the
textures under all these bump-maps weren't all that great and I noticed
quite some clipping errors and even got stuck in some walls or objects
while playing the game :\

You've got it pretty much bang on... but for the thief stuff most of that isnt necceissarly the engins fault... a tonne of it has to do with content... even just some buggy coding geting fed into the engine... besides... they also used the unreal engine for the last two splinter cells... and those games showed us what caustics and shadows were all about when doom 3 was still rumor... but I'd have to give the vote to Valve and their Half Life engine... using Havok to drive their physics... the ragdolling and interactivity in that game (if it EVER comes out) is beyon belief

"Below the couragous... there is NOTHING...." Yondaime-Sama (the fourth)

www.e-spot.ca
www.originudragon.deviantart.com

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.