Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Scientology? What the F? - Minitokyo

Scientology? What the F?

page 1 of 1 14 total items

First off let me say, if there are any scientologists here in MT I don't mean to offend your religion, I'm just expressing my opinion. ^_^'

In light of the whole South Park controversy with scientology I read about in a yahoo.com article, I was curious as to what exactly scientology was, so I went and did a little reading up on the whole "religion". From what I read about on the prime truths that Scientology as a "religion" is based off of, I couldn't help but laugh. The whole focus of the religion is bogus. To sum it up bluntly and to save you a few boobless minutes of reading: You are an immortal spiritual individual who has the ability to fly, but just doesn't know it yet!

The whole immortal thing just seems to be based off of reincarnation. Except reincarnation actually has some thought put behind it to help it make a little bit of sense. I don't know how people can see this as a type of religion, or to believe in it so strongly. After I read the section labeled "Introduction to Scientology" I immediately thought that this "religion" was just some psychiatrist's crackpot theory on trying to fulfill spiritual happiness. After reading the "8-Dynamics" I just couldn't take anymore haha.

"Through Scientology, a person realizes that his life and influence extend far beyond himself."

I mean seriously does it really take Scientology to tell you that you influence others and not just yourself? It's common-frickin-sense! Let me give you a brief example: You inform your friend that eating yellow snow isn't good for you, you explain to him why and so forth. He understands and doesn't eat anymore yellow snow. He then proceeds to tell his other friend (whom you don't know) the reason why [his friend] shouldn't eat yellow snow. [His friend] gets the point and so forth. You have just influenced people beyond yourself!

Scientology is a joke. OX

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

Ok...isn't there an "alien" somewhere involved? Or was that just all apart of the SouthPark joke? Man this is a truly messed up "religion" if it really and truly deserves that title. I am curious to know if there are any Scientologists other than actors or famous people...I have read however that this is supposed to be one of the largest growing religions there are at the moment.

Also did anyone hear that Isaac Hayes quit SouthPark because he was fed up with their bigotry and intolerance toward religions...however his qualms against them didn't start until they made light of his religion...scientology.

Yes I agree with you Maikusama...scientology is a joke.

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I agree it is a joke it is no religion in my book

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

As all religions, believeing it is just a matter of faith. If we cannot understand this then, may be we should not strike them with "possibly" pointless criticism.
I'm catholic (please, don't throw rotten tomatoes), and on my very own point of view, I'll let them be. The rest is up to God.

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

Quote by SebastianvonKaneAs all religions, believeing it is just a matter of faith. If we cannot understand this then, may be we should not strike them with "possibly" pointless criticism.
I'm catholic (please, don't throw rotten tomatoes), and on my very own point of view, I'll let them be. The rest is up to God.

Scientology is more than just a kooky religion about aliens making you feel sad and stealing your super powers, it's a dangerous cult that brainwashes people and takes their money, constantly threatens critics, and they're being investigated for all kinds of shady stuff. I mean I realize that almost all religions are in one way or another scams to get your money but Scientology takes it to a whole new level of sleaze.

Anywho...here's a news link about Isaac Hayes leaving Southpark and here's a link explaining why Scientology is not only stupid but dangerous too.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/38/South_Park_Xenu.jpg

Here's the Scientology explanation transcript of the Southpark episode "Trapped in a Closet" just for the hell of it :)

President: Usually, to hear the secret doctrine, you have to be in the church for several years, Stan. [leans in] Are you ready to hear the truth?
Stan: I, I guess.
President: You see, Stan, there is a reason for people feeling sad and depressed. [leans in] An alien reason. It all began 75 million years ago. Back then there was a galactinc federation of planets which was ruled over by the evil Lord Xenu.
Xenu: Ho ho ho ho ho ho.
President: Xenu thought his galaxy was overpopulated, [Xenu gives his orders] and so he rounded up countless aliens from all different planets, [the roundup is shown] and then had those aliens frozen. [one by one, the aliens are frozen]
Xenu: [laughing over his plan] Wa ha ha ha!
President: The frozen alien bodies were loaded onto Xenu's galactic cruisers, which looked like DC-8s, except with rocket engines. The cruisers then took the frozen alien bodies to our planet, to Earth, and dumped them into the volcanoes of Hawaii. [a shot of the frozen aliens encased in ice being dropped from the orange cruisers] The aliens were no longer frozen, they were dead. The souls of those aliens, however, lived on, and all floated up towards the sky. But the evil Lord Xenu had prepared for this.
Xenu: Wa ha ha ha!
President: Xenu didn't want their souls to return! And so he built giant soul-catchers in the sky! [the soul-catchers are shown] The souls were taken to a huge soul brain-washing facility, which Xenu had ALSO built on Earth. [the souls are watching a movie screen with 3D glasses] There the souls were forced to watch days of brainwashing material [Egyptian gods, Jesus carrying the Cross, and a bronze Buddha statue are shown] whiched tricked them into believing a false reality. Xenu then released the alien souls, which roamed the earth aimlessly in a fog of confusion. At the dawn of man, the souls finally found bodies which they can grab onto. They attached themselves to all mankind, which still to this day causes all our fears, our confusions, and our problems. [Stan looks at the president, a bit awed] L. Ron Hubbard did an amazing thing telling the world this incredible truth. Now all we're asking you to do... [hands Stan a pen and some paper] is pick up where he left off.
Stan: But I don't know any of this stuff.
President: Neither did L. Ron when he started. He said he just closed his eyes, and wrote down whatever came to mind. You can do the same. Just let it flow.
Stan: Okay, I'll try. I just wish I could write in my room, but Tom Cruise won't come out of the closet.

Here's the catch with scientology though. The basic principle is that scientology is the "search for truth". Now what exactly is defined as true? The scientologists say "That which is true is what you observe to be true"... you put this together with the whole immortal spirit part and you have yourself a contradiction. Their prime "truth" is that man is immortal, but this is where the douche bag of a "creator" messed up. In the REAL world people die. Man is not immortal. Nor is he some sort of spiritual being. This is what 100% of the population on earth has observed, thus from a scientology point of view, is proven to be True. So how can you have a religion when your basic principles dont' even make any sense?

This is why I can't understand what the hell people believe in this "religion" for. The whole concept of the "religion" is contradictory. L. Ron Hubbard, you sir, are a douche.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Quote: Stan: Okay, I'll try. I just wish I could write in my room, but Tom Cruise won't come out of the closet.

Best bit ever in the scientology joke!

Now, I heard it is not all that bad, as to my knowledge there are some decently helpful scientologist here who believes that mankind are not born violent, they believe that we are trained by the media and the world around us to misconceptualize and place the blame upon ourselves.

Of course, their views is bias as there is always two sides of the coin and they are obviously on one side and against the other.

They are helpful people who spread flyers preaching of good will and help your fellow mates whenever they are in need, the Xenu bit is never said, or mentioned, however they do put in somewhere to respect the dillusions of other religions, however vague they may be. (to them, any other religion is "vague")

They also help to spread peace messages overall, and sometimes, they help by doing public services. On donation drives, you can see a lot of them coming in for donations, usually like blood donation charity fairs and so on, you will see them in good participation.

I guess as long as you takeaway the Xenu and his evil plan crap, which is purely fictional or somewhat "vague" creation of a story, you can base them as just another religion which the followers are keen in doing good.

Of course, if you think they are kooky, wait till you hear of people worshipping Rats as human ancestors. Now THAT is proven by science, and IT IS NOT possible, and still they are looking at that aspect to be the truth.

Now THAT is a joke.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

warriormars

warriormars

Flame Sniper

*cringes as she waits for MT to be sued by the Scientologists*

In the morning, laughing happy fish heads, in the evening, floating in the soup.

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

Well...he can't be the biggest douche in the universe...John Edwards has that title already :)

Shinsengumi89

Shinsengumi89

The Watcher of Movies

scientologists are nuts i'm sorry if i offened anyone but you got to be of your rocker to belive that story. btw i'm probably going to get sued for saying that.

http://mt-environmentalists.minitokyo.net/ -Protect the Environment
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ - Philosophy is disscused here.
http://true-colors.minitokyo.net/ - Human Rights Group
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ - We help bridge the gaps between the different sexual orientations.

Makes more sense to me than commanding people not to boil kid's in their mother's milk and stabbing slaves in the ear in order to keep them forever.

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

creating Scientology was actually quite a clever move. As we (mankind) explore further and further into space, there's a possibility that we will find extraterrestrial life. The creators of Scientology see that science is a lot more convincing than traditional religions (like Islam and Christianity), so if and when Extraterrestrial life is discovered, the Scientologist can say they fortold this and which will no doubt increase their popularity.

What pisses me off is that Scientology is more like a huge scam to get money from depressed and lonely people. I am not a follower of any religion, but I respect how religions can really help people and while I'm sure a large amount of Scientologists are well-meaning people, I'm sure the higher-ups are just money-grubbing assholes, who only believe in the colour of money.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

PikaMoon

PikaMoon

***star gazer***

I think Scientology is the funniest thing ever. I only heard of it when I read an article about Tom Cruise. I found it quite hilarious that Tom Cruise and John Travolta actually believe in it. Um...quite strongly too. ^^;; Anywho, I don't like how Katie Holmes would change her religion to Scientology just for her husband. Quite pathetic actually judging from the facts of what Scientology is implying. Or....nevermind, Scientology is just bogus in my mind. I mean...if you believe it....then no offense, BUT, I would really like to know why anyone would. Most other religions have at least some facts or...reasoning...or logic behind it. I'm Christian so...not to be rude...but...I laugh in the face of all Scientology believers! Hahahahaha....^^;; (Sorry if I ranted.)

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

Quote by PikaMoonI think Scientology is the funniest thing ever. I only heard of it when I read an article about Tom Cruise. I found it quite hilarious that Tom Cruise and John Travolta actually believe in it. Um...quite strongly too. ^^;; Anywho, I don't like how Katie Holmes would change her religion to Scientology just for her husband. Quite pathetic actually judging from the facts of what Scientology is implying. Or....nevermind, Scientology is just bogus in my mind. I mean...if you believe it....then no offense, BUT, I would really like to know why anyone would. Most other religions have at least some facts or...reasoning...or logic behind it. I'm Christian so...not to be rude...but...I laugh in the face of all Scientology believers! Hahahahaha....^^;; (Sorry if I ranted.)

Actually PikaMoon, if you are a devout Christian (ie you REALLY believe), then you're beliefs are no more deluded than those of the Scientologists. Your belief in Christianity is based on faith, which is essentially the belief in something without proof, same as the Scientologists. You follow the teachings of a book written by men, just like the Scientologists, which claims to explain the origins of mankind and also guidelines on how to live your life and the afterlife. Both the Bible and L. Ron. Hubbard's book were supposedly inspired by a form of higher-being (be it God, Angel or Alien). Where are these "facts" and "logic" in the Bible?

btw I don't follow any religions.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.