Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 JPEG to GIF without color problem? - Minitokyo

JPEG to GIF without color problem?

page 1 of 1 13 total items

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Im having this serious problem (not serious, but I need answers plz >.<) with GIF and JPEG images.

Currently im working with my signature picture, and when I was almost done I changed it to GIF just to see how it looked like. The colours went crazy >.<. It looks really bad, and I dont want to set it as my signature picture.

So, heres my question: How do I change from JPEG to GIF without freaking up the colours?

P.S: I used Paint when I changed the image and changed the file from JPEG to GIF. Not the best program, but I dont got anything else :\

Ah, btw. If a thread like this already exist im sorry. I didnt find the thread (let me see, 61 pages to browse through). You can delete it if you want if there is a thread about this or close to. Thx in advance

Signature Image

Uhm GIF supports less colors then JPEG.
Their is no work around.
Eventough GIF should support all web safe colors.
So i advise using web safe colors.

Try IrfanView, ACDSee, Google Picasa, Photoshop Elements,...
Most of those can convert images. Some can even use batching.

Just never use MS Paint for this type of stuff, its only good for quick screenshots.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

ACD see is your best alternative if you are lazy to go www.download.com and get a temporary version of Photoshop which is by far better.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Ah, thx thx ^^. This helped really much ^^.

I know that Paint is not the best, but as I said, I dont got other programs to deal with. I wished that I could get something more useful when dealing with imagens and designing stuff, but unforutnately, I dont got what I need XD

This will surely help ^^

Quote by DevildudeACD see is your best alternative if you are lazy to go www.download.com and get a temporary version of Photoshop which is by far better.

About that downloading website, is it legal? o.o (I mean, legal to download it)

Signature Image

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by afaTAbout that downloading website, is it legal? o.o (I mean, legal to download it)

Download.com is a legal distributor. Don't worry about anything being pirated.

If you're really trying to get the colors right, its really best if the file to be converted was already specifically designed for the web. But yeah, trying out some conversion tools will save you some trouble.

Signature

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

You might want to get GIMP, which is a free image program that should be able to handle jpg to gif conversions much easier and give you more control over the final image. The program with GIF is that it only supports 256 colors while JPG supports thousands, so in converting, the image program must compress the color range of the JPG into a GIF. The best way to do this is to use "dither" which uses a dotted pattern of colors to simulate a smooth transition.

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

Mmmmmmmm. This is a tough one.
Since GIF format was designed to carry web pictures, there are some palettes which contains the full color range within the GIF picture format.
Photoshop may help you. Try to use simple pictures wihtin a very same color range, then save the file to see which changes may affect your work. This is a useful technique, uff!

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about The GIMP. Try it out:

http://www.gimp.org/

Signature

Try opening your file in Adobe Photoshop then press (Shift+Ctrl+M) to edit to ImageReady then you can make it into a Gif.

You'll always lose colours when converting to GIF, however by using smeting like the Save For Web feature from Photoshop (or equivalent) you can minimise the 'damage' you do to the image in the conversion process.

I forgot to mention the url of the IrfanView website.
http://www.irfanview.com/

Seems like they added filters in the new version.
It might sound stupid but ImageMagic can do this type of stuff from commandline.

Alazuli

Alazuli

Wicked

For jpeg: Photoshop and set the quality to 12 or 10 or somewhere around there.
For gif: Adobe Imageready and 'Save Optimized As'

Alazuli, thanks for reminding me I forgot that part to say. After you open it in Adobe Photoshop, then by pressing (Ctrl+Shift+M) then you will go to Adobe ImageReady. Then after that, refer now to what Alazuli said.

By the way, their are many things you want to add to your picture if it is in Gif.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.