Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 does music influence people or not - Minitokyo

does music influence people or not

so what do you guys think does music influence people or not

yes
13 votes
no
3 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

phamster2002

phamster2002

far east tribe leader

ever since i started high school ive been seeing people dress all gangster and all that with sagging pants and sport shirt shirts that goes down to the knee and over size sun glasses and the thing that they listen to is rap so does this music influence people to dress as there favorit rapper?

and ive been hearing people saying more slang then in middle school words suck as foo shizle, ight, bounce, crib, pimps and such word like that and there all words used in rap music. so does music influence them to say words like that.

but for me and my friends we listen to individualise rock and political rock, and we appairently just make up our slang and we wair werid ass shirts that we find at spencers and hot topic and with dicky's pants and metal belts with truckers hat's and all that stuff, so i guest we were influence by our music

so what do you guys think does music influence people or not

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

It does, more or less.

Art has always set social standards, and is like a directing order. It can become propoganda laced with appealing stuff which drags many to join the club; 'if you're not with us, you're an outcast'

It really does influence people in some way. In my country (venezuela) you rarely see that it really changes the way you look or dress, but it really does change your mood. I think it's a natural response of our body towards music.

dexter8

dexter8

Work Till Die Syndrome!!!

That depends on how you listen to the musix. As for some music is for entertainment purpose, for relaxation. For others it's a way of expressing theirselves. It doesn't really influence much depends on inviduals. About the dressing part, i can't say much. Wearing baggy pants doesn't mean you're into rap or hiphop. Wear what ever you feel comfortable with. That's how i see it.

Crecked my head and busted my brains!!!

i think it influences some people. but maybe more along the lines of if your a visual person or auditory person. so people who learn visually would be more affected by art and people who are auditory learners would be more affected by music.

searching for faith
in the stars of your eyes

I agree with Salocin, music can change your mood or enhance it. after going to your favorite singer/group/Dj concert you feel really great.

I love to listen to music. When I'm not in the mood, I turn cheerful music and start dancing. Then all the sadness goes away!In the same way MUSIC makes me work, I become more productive and faster I think. The music is very good for people's feelings. But it is unlikely to change them.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

it depends on the person, if they are a wannabe their styles will change with the music they listen to, some people are mildly mentally unstable to a point that they get to a point where they want to do what is in the music, listened to enough lyrics can influence a person's behavior but not all people. then there are those who listen to certain music which is odd but brings them peace and sometimes a with draw could actually begin if they haven't listened to it for awhile.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

I guess it does.avoid or listen moderately to negative music such as heavy metal music (of any kind) or rap music.
just my opinion but i think that mellow urban music is the best (most positive and calm,especially when it has some chill falsetto vocals) jazz,funk,soul,disco,soul,rnb..etc.
soft rock,pop rock music might do the job as well.

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Sure it does. I listened to the Beatles White Album backwards and it told me to commit some murders. I did and am now serving twenty to life in a federal state penitentiary. So yes music does influence people. Take it from me...The White Album made me do it. Have a wonderful day! =^.~=

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

I think the way in which music uses language can be contrasted with how academics use the language.
Language is needed to share experiences with people, or to share knowledge gained from experiences.

Academics convey it in such a manner that anyone who understands the language can gain the knowledge. However, doing this is very difficult (why we have so many bad academic books) and hence is reserved for only the most important of things.
Common language is used for most daily communication.
But these two do not exhaust the scope for expression of experiences. They leave out the very obscure ones if expressing them isn't too useful, considering the effort that would be required to express the obscure thought.

The language used in pop songs manages to convey such obscure messages in few words. The lyrics don't make much sense of taken at face value so to an outsider, someone who doesn't have that experience doesn't appreciate them. But if you have had those being sung about, you like the song. It's like finding a new useful word.

Songs also get associated with freedom. Because academic language is easy to control and limit so that even important expressions can be omitted from common knowledge. Songs can help dig out such suppressed experiences and give them a voice, And hence a tool against oppression

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

Music influences all of us... Look through [Link deleted] and find out why I think so...

but for me and my friends we listen to individualise rock and political rock, and we appairently just make up our slang and we wair werid ass shirts that we find at spencers and hot topic and with dicky's pants and metal belts with truckers hat's and all that stuff, so i guest we were influence by our music

Speed Test

Obviously, Music influence people. I was inspired by quality music and Quackity merch https://quackitymerchandise.shop/ also attracts my personality. What is your opinion about it?

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.