Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 My Poor Wallies - Minitokyo

My Poor Wallies

page 1 of 1 10 total items

cagalli88

cagalli88

~Trapped~

Watashi no Lovely wallpapers have been deleted by Botchii.....Aah, the favs, the comments all gone! What's weird tho is that, its been there for months and only today, 22nd of March, its been deleted:

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/4895/lacuswallies2hf.th.jpg

I understand its the use of screenshots but i screenshotted it myself...haiz....nevermind...

The other one is Featuring Olha from Ys: Ark of Napishtim but i deleted my original pic cos i thought minitokyo will keep it....haiz.....

Aww and it's such a nice wallie too :(

Don't let it get you down, people can comment on it here too :)

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving up something in return.

Great wall, to bad it was removed

Signature

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

First, Botchii doesn't delete walls, Mods do; Botchii is just the program that leaves the automated message. Second, having older walls deleted isn't strange, especially now that the Mods are going through the entire gallery to get the Elite Gallery going.

What you probably got docked off for are the screenshots, which are considered low quality and a low effort way to fill space.

Hope this helps. :)

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

wow I don't get it either I just love it and I just love Lacus it is an awesoem wallpaper to me.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

I'd suggest taking the screen shot second from the right, blowing it up and using it as a "ghosted" background on the right keeping the words and the border/line.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

I have to disagree with Mnemeth. As I said before, screenshots are considered low quality and effort. "Ghosted" backgrounds only compound those problems.

Signature Image

only time a ghosted background works well is with vectors really. you have this great vector and what people normally do is ghost say just the head of the character in the background to show you alittle closer to the detail that was put in it. I have tried ghosting a few times but only works with standard walls when adding effects and so forth over it only then showing one aspect of it. and to blow one of them images up on that wall would make it look extremly cheap as the image would be pixleated and distorted.

Signature Image

cagalli88

cagalli88

~Trapped~

Okays, now i get it...i thought it was bcos of licensing problems thats why screenshots are discouraged...haha, its the opposite actually. Using Screenshot is a "cheap" way of filling up spaced..gomen! I try not to use this method anymore.

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

Have to disagree with twistedfreak too. Ghosting is almost always a messy and "cheap" way to fill space. Wallers who have gotten to vectoring have usually also grown out of ghosting.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.