Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Broad DayLight - Minitokyo

Broad DayLight

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 18 total items

oki doki...

i'm curently 'trying' to make a wallpaper out of this pic: Belldandy scan

so here's what i got for now:
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/9207/fondbroaddaylightcopy1ny.th.jpg

what do you think? are the little thingies around the font too much? i don't know... i'm sort of stuck here... x_x

PLEASE HELP MEEEEEE!

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

Your image isn't showing up.

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

ah oups! sorry about that ^_^'

firstly nice work on the grass, looking real good. The problem i see is with the scan itself the edges of the hair and parts of the body seem quite rough when compared to the style of the background. so you may want to duplicate the image and on the bottom layer put a slight gaussian blur on it at about 1 maybe 2 point then the original image overlay it (darken blending mode can work quite nice from time to time as well) just to smoothen out the image.

last thing is she meant to be hovering above the ground? if she is for get i mentioned. if not you may want to apply that grass effect arounf her feet a bit in such a way that it appears she is stnding in the grass.

good luck

Signature Image

Quote by twistedfreakyou may want to duplicate the image and on the bottom layer put a slight gaussian blur on it at about 1 maybe 2 point then the original image overlay it (darken blending mode can work quite nice from time to time as well) just to smoothen out the image.

arf! ah... i don't know how to do that ^^' i'm srt of new with photoshop and don't quite know everything yet... (but i'm trying)

and... i put some darker grass under her so it looks like the shadow under her... as she's supposed to be floating.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9979/fondbroaddaylightcopy20vb.th.jpg

nice that shadow helps alot so now at least we know she is meant to be floating.

first things first i am guessing that you did cut the character out?

if so you will want to do the following

with the cut out character layer selected press ctrl-j ( this will duplicate the layer)
highlight the original layer and not the duplicate, and go filter>blur>gaussian blur and set it to about 1 or 2
click on the duplicated layer so that it is highlighted. at the top in the layers menu you will see a drop down box that says normal. this is the blending mode. you will want to set this to darken or overlay, scrool through them as certain filters work better than others depending on the colour and quality of the image.

good luck hope that helps you out

Signature Image

wah! thank you so much for your help!

i tried the blending! i did gaussian blur 1 and then on the duplicate i used lighten...
here's what i got:
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/9058/fondbroaddaylightcopy34dp.th.jpg

but maybe it's too light now... arf... and should i doo the same thing with the flowers?

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

First an opinion: Very nice wall. Good subject and pretty good execution.
Now a suggestion:
I get more of a dancing feeling than a floating feeling. If you want a floating feeling I think you are going to have to disconnect her from the grass a little more.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

no problem m8 glad i could lend a hand. the image is now looking alot more softer and fitting in with the background alot more.

Mnemeth i understand you point but what i was thinking if morphee expands just that little more on his shadows under her feet to show slight shadow of the dress as well it will add to the effect that she is floating above the ground.

anyways m8 great improvement. hope to see some more walls by you soon

Signature Image

tripleG

tripleG

To simply be

Nice, I like the font a lot!
Maybe you can make the grass color a little stronger. Yet, I like what you've got so far! Good job!

~TripleG

Signature

ok... didn't do much here... just placed the pic a little highein the wall so the 'floating impression' looks better...

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/2189/fondbroaddaylightcopy51um.th.jpg

and added the pruple texture and border... looks a little like an old picture...

hmmm... i don't really have the impression i'm making this wallpaper any better

you may think so but that is because you are working on it and get used to seeing it, but i have seen a big change in this wallpaper and that added extra boarder effect works well. it has really started to take shape. nice work

Signature Image

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

Hello Morphee, I see you're trying really hard to make this wallpaper. It's overall not bad, I think you have a good eye for composing it well. The scene is kind of dull, but it's always good to start simple. The bush seems to be too blurry, and the shadow is too big. Look how sharp the shadow on the grass is compared to the bush, looks really weird. Bluriness is usually used in distance. Also, for the grass, I suggest you try changing the size of the brush once in a while, to create some variation in the meadow. I'm not liking that border you added, I think it looked fine before, mainly because it's blurry, try not to enlarge the brush too much.

On the positive side, you did well in creating the hills, it looks very natural in the layout. The extraction is good, I see you fixed it along the way from previous versions.

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

Pretty nice. Just a couple things though:

* The rose by the title looks a bit strange; you have all this anime-style imagery and a real rose, and that sort of sticks out.

* The character image itself looks a bit blurry, especially around the face and hair.

Signature Image

ok...

- i retouched the meadow... put some darker spots to try to make it a little better, and also sharpened it so it's not too blurry compared to the rest.
- tried sharpening the character. is this better?
- changed the rose, and replaced it by one of the flowers.
- added some grunge... (?) dunno why... an inspiration of the moment i guess. does it look ok?
- and modified the font, my cousin said it wasn't right with the rest before.

and Devilet, here's also the version with no border...

hehe... yea i took the pink flower mess under her... i didn't really like it

withought border:
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/6774/fondbroaddaylightcopy52gm.th.jpg

with border:
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/9877/fondbroaddaylightcopy69yj.th.jpg

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

Her hair is still a bit rough around the edges...but that may be the way it's meant to be.

Signature Image

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

I must say it looks better with your minor improvements. Next time try extracting her better, take time in extracting the character, because it can really ruin a perfectly good wallpaper. Then maybe her hair would of been okay, and you wouldn't have to blur it to fix the imperfections.

The grunge is pretty neat, adds something to the wallpaper. Good work and effort, I'm sure you must be sick of it, haha.

too right Devilet -_- i can't stand this wallpaper anymore... i think i'm going to submit it as it is now... shouldn't be deleted anyway (can't say the week i spent on it was 5 minutes >_>)

next wallpaper i'll make sure i exctract the character better, i'm too lazy to re-exctract this one ^_^'

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP! I'M VERY THANKFULL! :D

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.