Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Best Vector Program: Photoshop? - Minitokyo

Best Vector Program: Photoshop?

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Zepphyre

Zepphyre

Renaissance Man

Are there programs other than Photoshop that have easier/better vector creation abilities?

i like inkscape :)

dMp

dMp

^___________^

i've use Illustrator, works pretty good, but i've heard people complain that it's a RAM hogger. you can also try Macromedia Flash. never used the program myself, but i heard it's just about the same as any other vectoring program but with less RAM usage.

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

I used to use PS for vectoring, but not that often anymore.
I prefer Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw to do my vectors.
Some ppl say, Macromedia Flash and Freehand are good alternatives, but I tried them once and I'm confused at all with the controls and what not.

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

best ones out there have to be freehand mx and illustrator. the more comenly used vectoring for flat vectors that i know of. but adobe has brought out macromedia and are bringing a a new product out soon that is a mixture of both flas and macromedia programs in one. so look slike illustrator will become better than it is now. One major thing that illustrator has over the majority of vectoring software is the gradient mesh tool. this tool (when masered) can allow you to create photo life lik vectored images

Signature Image

roly-poly

floater

yeah illustrator is really the best for vectoring. but photoshop is easier to use and better for beginners. thats what i use cos i'm too lazy to learn illustrator ^_^

Signature

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Photoshop is good for beginners if you are already familiar with Photoshop's interface, but if you really want to get deep into the subtleties of vector illustration, a dedicated vector-based program like Illustrator, Flash/Freehand, SodiPodi, Xara, etc are definately the way to go. Photoshop's vector abilities pale compared to these programs because Photoshop is not primarily a vector program (it's a photo manip/raster program with some vector-y capabilities added at the end.)

I love CorelDRAW much for vector creation.... since CorelDRAW3

Illustrator (9 to CS2) or Freehand MX are the best programs for vector things.
I recommend Illustrator, because for me the interface makes much more sense as in Freehand + the Illustrators vector tools are very easy to handle. But: Some illegal copys of Illustrator CS and CS2 are very instable and do have hidden files that will connect your copy directly with Adobe. (Use them with care!).
I work with legal software- but yes, the Adobe Design Suite is expensive- Only rich people, professionals or stupid peole do have licenses... (so am I rich, a professional or simply to stupid? :) I do not know)

No Idea of Corel, but it might be good for beginners...

Adobe Streamline is an old, but it's still one of the easiest tools to vectorize black&white graphics. You can also do this in Photoshop, but doing it here is much easier.

nolove

nolove

better forget me ...

for sure PS is the easiest program for vectoring, im using it too ^__^, but that's not the best, for me, im going to change to illustrator, that's more convenience and better much. i prefer this one ^__^

-: BE-DEATH-MEMORIES :-

Corel Draw . or Illustrator .

Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Fireworks, Voria SynFig

Just a few things to come up with. The last one is opensource if i remember right.

Alazuli

Alazuli

Wicked

I've heard Corel Draw and Illustrator are the best, but I have no idea personally. I don't know how to vector. ^^;;;

lunaregina

lunaregina

mundus vult decipi

Photoshop is not a vector program, it is raster. Yes it does have the pen tool and the ability to use bezier curves, but that is not what defines a vector based program. I personally use Adobe Illustrator to vector (love CS2) and I've seen some very very nice results from Corel Draw.

Signature Image

agree with lunaregina , Photoshop isn't a vector program . I prefer using Illustrator. I have to say Photoshop is easier to use than other programs but not better

Signature

um... adobe photoshop is a raster image software program, not a vector program. the pen tool in photoshop is all sorts of goofy. the difference is that vector programs (i.e. illustrator or macromedia's freehand) use mathematical equations to calculate curves that u draw, hence they will never distort at any magnification whereas raster programs like photoshop and fireworks and the gimp modify pixels and if zoomed in too much will distort and get grainy and pixelated. so in short, no, photoshop sucks for vector, use illustrator instead

Rinkin

Rinkin

Avant-Garde

Contrary to popular belief, Photoshop IS a raster program, but it CAN make vector-formatted images. If you import it to Illustrator, you CAN manipulate the photoshop-made vectors in Illustrator like it was made in Illustrator.

But I think CorelDraw and Illustrator are better than Photoshop. (: But Photoshop works well too.

kiokorenay703

kiokorenay703

Dasha Denger

well all i can say is that i only have a flash MX 2004, and so really i have to outline and then color on top of the colors"with another layer, DuH" so anyways i really dont have a photoshop that can vector,i mean its only PS ellements 3.
However, i just think that illustrator is the best from all i have heard, but yeah pshotoshop and flesh works alright. i dont know if the vectoring looks different in every different program u use. so anyways here is vector i ahve made on flash MX, and yes i know its not finished, its only the bg thats not done so it shood be k!
here it is=
FMA vector
so well i geuss this shood do for me then...
K! well i hope i was any help in all, of coures if u needed any help!
~Kioko~

Quote by Oropixum... adobe photoshop is a raster image software program, not a vector program. the pen tool in photoshop is all sorts of goofy. the difference is that vector programs (i.e. illustrator or macromedia's freehand) use mathematical equations to calculate curves that u draw, hence they will never distort at any magnification whereas raster programs like photoshop and fireworks and the gimp modify pixels and if zoomed in too much will distort and get grainy and pixelated. so in short, no, photoshop sucks for vector, use illustrator instead

Yes, photoshop cannot do true vector, only cheap ones like the ones you get out of vector brushes.

Signature

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.