Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Poll: Do you believe in a supreme being? - Minitokyo

Poll: Do you believe in a supreme being?

Do you believe in a supreme being?

Yes
17 votes
No
8 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Zepphyre

Zepphyre

Renaissance Man

I'm just curious as to the ratio of athiest to those of faith in an anime related community. My hypothesis is that atheist are very unimaginative and would be less likely to enjoy or be involved with anime.

As a side note, the question can also be assumed to cover those who are Polytheist.

x-gear

x-gear

Running away...

Mmm...I don't think so.

What is it?

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

I believe in God's existence.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

Hah, atheists unimaginative. You're funny.

yes i believe there is a supreme being, namely the God of the christian faith

I dont have anything against people who believe in a higher being, but its just not my thing to believe in something I cant prove. Oh, and just as a sidenote, most of the people I know who are into anime are either athiest or agnostic.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

I have faith in reincarnation, and I also respect other's religions, however, it can go only that far. I don't worship, I think it exists, but do not have a faith in either one.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Quote by ZepphyreI'm just curious as to the ratio of athiest to those of faith in an anime related community. My hypothesis is that atheist are very unimaginative and would be less likely to enjoy or be involved with anime.

I disagree with your hypothesis but I'm glad you at least understand that your supreme being is all in your imagination. According to your theory I bet scientologists LOVE anime, infact just yesterday I saw Tom Cruise get angry over psychology again...he made some funny hand gestures and yelled "Kage bunshin no jutsu!" at the interviewer. Hrm, I have a hypothesis that both atheists and religious people are equally likely to watch anime but the religious people are far more likely to actually think it's real.

I believe in something but i am not sure what it is...I believe in reincarnation....

Shinsengumi89

Shinsengumi89

The Watcher of Movies

i feel somewhat insullted that you think an athiest is unimaginative for i am one, your hypothesis is biased im guessing you beilve in god( nothing wrong with that) ift you are an athiest likely you are to accept another culture because you do not think about one idea or cause or idea.

http://mt-environmentalists.minitokyo.net/ -Protect the Environment
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ - Philosophy is disscused here.
http://true-colors.minitokyo.net/ - Human Rights Group
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ - We help bridge the gaps between the different sexual orientations.

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

I'm agnostic, but maybe I am God also? Can God be agnostic and in human form? I'm heavily uncreative and unimaginative. Everything is chaos.

-repeat-

Zepphyre

Zepphyre

Renaissance Man

Quote by PlunkiesAccording to your theory I bet scientologists LOVE anime, infact just yesterday I saw Tom Cruise get angry over psychology again...he made some funny hand gestures and yelled "Kage bunshin no jutsu!" at the interviewer.

Ah yes, the scientology angle. Good way to ruin a perfectly good conversation...

Quote by PlunkiesHrm, I have a hypothesis that both atheists and religious people are equally likely to watch anime but the religious people are far more likely to actually think it's real.

Perfect reply, you seem to have formed a decent hypothesis after the pointless accusations. Your use of the word "real" is almost as dangerous as my use of "unimaginative"...touche. ;)

On a side note, I never stated my personal beliefs. This is merely scientific, something I though an atheist would appreciate more than most.

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

You know, I think your basic premise is flawed. Firm athiests are generally more free-thinking than those who are deeply religious because firm athiests have only their own experience to work with. Deeply religious persons generally accept the interpetations of others. Now most people are somewhere in the middle and the middle is where the majority of your anime audience will come from; so, I don't think there will be a marked difference is numbers. If there is though, I would tend to think atheists out number religious persons.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

Zepphyre

Zepphyre

Renaissance Man

It's actually flawed intentionally. I tried to leave the question open ended and still stimulate a decent response from the community. I did purposely target atheist, since strangely enough, they seem to be more emotionally connected to their non-belief. It's nothing personal, just a simple observation that atheist are more passionate, which is a good trait.
I personally believe that about 90% of the population is agnostic. Most will choose a side during a discussion like this though, simply to participate.

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

I am atheist. Personally I think that this poll is a bit flawed anyway. Since something like over 90% of the human population believes in some kind of diety the chances that they will both like anime and be relgious is relatively high compared to a person who is just atheist. Also anime and the imagination cannot be equated. Much like how something like real-world violence cannot be equated with violence in video games or the media.

That's my two yen

risingcrescent

risingcrescent

Essential&Naturality Heaven Form

can we bargain, please :D

what connection between religion-atheis-anime-games :confused:

Edward De Bono reflection,
Human minds are Dull , because most rational minds that sharpest ARE NOT HUMAN MINDS, that're Animal minds.

Shamshiel

Shamshiel

Crawling Chaos

Well, this is rather stupid. Your hypothesis is a piece of crap, my status as a atheist has nothing to do with my imagination, and my imagination has little to do with whether I enjoy anime. I do find this funny coming from a group of people whose best idea of a god is an old dude with a beard. I could do much better.

Guys try not to get offended. Atheism is simply a lack of a belief in God. If we want to argue what a stereotypical atheist is (irreligious + strong atheist?) we can do that, but let's not resort to insulting each other's ideas. BTW Zepphyre, you're hypothesis was stupid.

Now that I'm done with sarcasm, atheists aren't exclusive to beliefs, abilities, etc. the only things that make them all atheists are a lack of beliefs in gods. We're probably all atheistic towards Thor (no offense meant to Thor believers 0_o ). Almost no atheist asserts that it is impossible for any god to exist (as this would require omnisciency). Yay for broad terms!

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I bleieve in it but still I feel you have dpend yourslef not a higher being

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

risingcrescent

risingcrescent

Essential&Naturality Heaven Form

how ?

Edward De Bono reflection,
Human minds are Dull , because most rational minds that sharpest ARE NOT HUMAN MINDS, that're Animal minds.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.