Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Military-Industrial Complex and Years to Come... - Minitokyo

The Military-Industrial Complex and Years to Come...

page 1 of 1 7 total items

NewLondenion

NewLondenion

Chairman of Side 7

These past few years of checking out the military-industrial complex coupled with events in politics lead me to a conclusion similar to what is mentioned in the movie V for Vandetta: civil war. I've been pondering this thought for some time trying to disprove it and I came to the conclusion that the military-industrial complex is way too powerful to be swayed by politics or diplomacy that opposes it.

And I keep getting reminded by those tax cuts that remind me of one of the last kings of France who acted to better relations with the wealthy rather than help the people. Marie Antonette, his queen, got the guillotine for her actions.

Sooner or later, this will erupt and go out of control.

For those of you who don't know, the Military-Industrial Complex (phrase created by then-President Eisenhower) is referring to the triangle of power between the military, industry, and Congress. This in itself creates a kind of independent bureaucracy that tries to pursue its own agendas even if its against American policies.

yup, The talent to invent threats by the Military industry will always surprise me.There should be a manga about it...

NewLondenion

NewLondenion

Chairman of Side 7

actually, gundam seed and gundam seed destiny have parts that deal with their own M-I Complexes. they just don't really talk about it.

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

haha i agree...!

Signature Image

I find a flaw with your theory, particular given the Current Administration has been giving the axe to many of the Pentagons modernization programs (Ie RAH-66) or have made significant cuts in other programs (Ie. The USAF F-22A program and the UNS Virginia Sub Program).

Signature
	Image[/img]

then again without this so called military industrial complex, wouldn't any particular country be more suseptible to treats?

NewLondenion

NewLondenion

Chairman of Side 7

In response to griffon, take this example. The B-2 Spirit stealth bomber has factories that make its parts in every single state and most districts. This was intended so that the representatives and senators couldn't easily phase out the B-2 by creating a situation in which if they did want to phase out the factory in their district, it would cost them a good amount of votes in future elections.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.