Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 weird credit reduction - Minitokyo

weird credit reduction

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

im here to report some weird events dealing with someone or something fiddling with my credits.

before our credit system was hidden from us until it was low, i had some 900 points. i do not really download much scan/wallpapers in the community, but i do seldom come here and download 4-5 on a good posting day. this is all nice and great, until about two weeks ago when my credit dived head first into a whopping -150 credits. unable to figure out what event had exactly transpired that would cause me to lose atleast 1000 points, i remained indifferent and did not raise any question.

but this is getting quite ridiculous, as my points have dropped once again to a point where i now have -909 credit system.

i find that it would be impossible for me to have been responsible for this reduction in points, seeing that most of the times, gallery items cost about .2-.5 credits. in short, i would have to download 6,000-10,000 gallery item to have lost 1800 points in a span of 2-3 weeks. to best of my knowledge as a past gallery director, this would cover atleast 4/8 to 5/8 of total gallery database in MT. obviously i do not have the patience, time, nor the interest to carry out such an idiotic action.

so in the end, question boils down to this: was it a flaw in the system that caused such injustice on me? was it an infringement of gallery director's just power? (i surely hope it is not so) in the end, what really happened is irrelevant to my interest. all i wish for is that i be restored those lost points, to a point where i atleast have 500 credits.

somebodyelse

Retired Moderator

somebodyelse

Pacman's mouthpiece

Ouch.

I'm gonna go ahead and forward that to the admins, and put this in Bug Reports. In the meanwhile, did you have any hugely popular gallery items deleted? (Like on the scale of hundreds of comments/favs, I mean.)

And just for gee-whiz, there's 112,339 items right now ;)

Signature Image
"Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt..." -Jimmy Buffett

Aoi Nishimata goodies! Check my gallery out!

That's quite sure it's at least a bug... I don't see mods or others doing that... except if it's a kind of private joke.

After all, it is impossible to have that many negative credits since the system is supposed to not allow downloading when there are no more credits.

Signature

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

the maximum favorite any of my scans had was perhaps around 65. i belive over the span of 2-3 weeks. about 8-10 scans were deleted, but none of them had any major number of favorites (most were under 20) and such. even if 100 scans with 30 favs were to be deleted from my gallery, i hardly doubt that it'd have consequential effect of negating 1800 points.

wow, mt's gallery got so big now x_x well, it's been a long time since i've kept up with the stats.

if it was a private prank, i can guess who did it >_>

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Seems like quite a problem here...I suppose this may be connected with this?
-----> LINK
LINK2

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

Quote by sammo so in the end, question boils down to this: was it a flaw in the system that caused such injustice on me? was it an infringement of gallery director's just power? (i surely hope it is not so) in the end, what really happened is irrelevant to my interest. all i wish for is that i be restored those lost points, to a point where i atleast have 500 credits.

I'd say a flaw in the system. You used to be a mod yourself. You should know we wouldn't do such a thing. Then again, we have no means of controlling credits, so that's out of question. I'm sure sheq will take a good look at that.

Btw, oppa, you didn't post a whole lot of really short posts did you? Posts of less than 50 characters can take away credits.

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

o, i didn't mean like "mods taking vengeful action", but maybe a "playful" action (god knows how many times osi changed my user title). truth be known, i haven't posted on the forum/guestbook/gallery item in a bit while, so i would have to take that out of the equation.

but if it's going to be fixed, im a happy camper in the end.

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

credits restored to something youll be happy with. awkward, since this never has happened before to my knowledge.

somebodyelse

Retired Moderator

somebodyelse

Pacman's mouthpiece

^^ The situation seems to be resolved; thus I'm closing this.

This whole thing is sort of funny...

Signature Image
"Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt..." -Jimmy Buffett

Aoi Nishimata goodies! Check my gallery out!

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.