Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Please Help Me with Photoshop CS - Minitokyo

Please Help Me with Photoshop CS

page 1 of 1 5 total items

I am presently trying to teach myself Photoshop CS. I actually created my very first and very crude anime wallpaper using a combination ofPhotoshop CS and CorelDraw. I hope to get better soon, but have a couple of questions.

1) Say I download a wall from MT. Import it into Photoshop, How do I make the background transparent?

2) My recently created anime wallpaper cannot be posted on MT because the sizing is not right, how do I correct the sizing on a wall thats already done?

Any suggestions and/or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

I'm concerned about your first question louis...are you attempting to use something in someone else's wallpaper in your own? If you are I think first off you need to get permission from that artist.

For your second question, go to your menu bar at the top, click image, go down to Image Size and select that...not there is a small checkbox at the bottom that says Constrain Proportions, make sure that is checked. Then it is a matter of figuring out what size you need to scale it down to so you can upload it here. What are the dimensions in pixels on the wallpaper right now?

I was using the first question as an example. I would not steal anyone elses work. However, if I used an anime character from anothers work, wouldnt that be the same as using a scan or other already published charcter?

Second, I dont remember the exact size of my wall, but it was not too far off one of the MT choices...it was like 1222 x 723 or something close to that.

merged: 03-26-2006 ~ 04:28am
I was using the first question as an example. I would not steal anyone elses work. However, if I used an anime character from anothers work, wouldnt that be the same as using a scan or other already published charcter?

Second, I dont remember the exact size of my wall, but it was not too far off one of the MT choices...it was like 1222 x 723 or something close to that.

Even though they may seem to be the same thing, extracting a character from an official scan and extracting it from someone else's wall really are not...the designer of the wall may have made many sorts of changes to the original scan (clean-up, coloring, etc.)...the changes may or may not be obvious, but they represent the time and effort of the designer. Getting a scan into wallable form is part of a waller's skill as well, so you really should stick to using a scan as a starting point.
Someone else's wall could of course be an inspiration for you, as long as your idea is still original.

The problem with not designing to the correct wallpaper size is that it's likely your image is not the correct height:width ratio...if it isn't...you'll either have to add to your original image or cut it to the correct ratio before you do any overall resizing. Also be careful not to reduce the quality of your image by making it larger.

Hope that helps :)

Yes, it does help. I now understand the differences in extracting from an original vs another work. Now that I am aware of this I will stick to using original scans. Also, at first, understanding the whole size and height/ratio thing...i think I've got it now - thanks so much.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.