Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 An MT Convention? - Minitokyo

An MT Convention?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

MissCz

MissCz

// divine execution. //

This should probably be in the Suggestions forum, but I'm not sure if it's a very practical idea, so hence, I'm posting this here.

Anyways, I was thinking. As most of you agree, MT is a great community. Mad friendly, and plenty of users, right? So why not hold a nice big convention somewhere? I mean, obviously there are flaws and stuff, such as we have to consider those who live in other countries and whatnot, and not everyone can afford to fly to a convention for a couple of days. Oh, and the cost to set it all up..sounds scary! I'm sure the admin/mods have enough to do as it is as well...

But I think it'd be great fun, if it ever occured. It'd be a nice little social gathering where all can play games, relax, chill out, go out with other members into town, wherever it may be. Hell, contests and giveaways along with demos of up and coming artists can be shown there to promote themselves can be set up.

Maybe it'd happen for 2-3 days at some hotel. I dunno. Just thinking and using ideas from such events as that Quake convention in Texas a while back, or TGS and E3.

This is probably more of a rant than anything...but I just wanted to voice my idea, regardless of whether it'd occur or not. Does it sound good? Who knows, but at any rate, I want to hear everyone's opinion!

And for my closing comment, I'd like to break out 50 Twister boards tape them together, and declare that we all play Strip Twister. :)

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Signature

>> A d e s i r e to | e x p r e s s | myself. <<

AkinaSpirit

AkinaSpirit

Wandering Neko

hahahaha ^_^' this is a dream?!
A nice dream ^^ ....one that would only work if we all had work, money and time :\
o_O Strip Twister??! -_-
Anyway, a good read :D

iN1Ti4LdR1fT3r

iN1Ti4LdR1fT3r

whats an e-brake?

yes im up for it lets all meat at my house XD...jk how bout...Lets all meet up at an anime convention we'll have our own stand or somerthing XD,its rational...but not impossible =D

Signature Image

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Well, if you put it in like... NYC, I'll come. >_>; But you have to think about it this way: a lot of member's are located in Europe too. You'd have to have an American Meeting and a Euro meeting. And it would get very complicated with where it would be, who would actually come within price constraints, I mean... if you want to put it on, more power to you, but that'd be a lot for people to actually go.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

irix

irix

quam sidera multa, cum tacet nox

That's a very crazy idea!!! but at least i can go!!! :D

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

no hotel is big enough .. (10K + members)
no leech would care ... ...mmmmmz maybe the hotel is big enough.
planning is a bitch .. been there done that ..
financially it's a disaster (look at the donations)

and of course the bickering where's it's going to be held.

2020 on the moon you guys are all invited .. bring the twister :)

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

yes i like your idea !!

MissCz

MissCz

// divine execution. //

Right, which is why I've been saying it's not a really practical idea at the moment. There are plenty of members overseas, and it would be unfair to those who couldn't attend! But come on..strip poker! You know you wanna!

Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Sure, if I can save up the cash and get the time to that sounds like an excellant idea. Just as long as things don't get freaky and turn into a naked spree >.> Then I'm cool with that, I wouldn't mind meeting the members here, such nice people I'd like to meet the person behind the screen. ^^ Rawr! And scare everyone, with my... being myself! hahaha.....oh...

Signature Image

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

The problem is I can't even afford a rented flat - I live in my parents' house, have just 1 bed - which is stacked with another one. So I can't even afford any in-country trip. However, I wish you luckier people to fulfill this dream of yours to physically meet.

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

=/ Dang, well I really wanted to meet ya Zdenek ^^ You've got quite the personality.

A convention that possibly some people could meet. Though it would require money, time, planning etc...

At my old forum they use to have tons of meetings.... Problem was they were all in Europe (It is for me cause I live in the states, and since the majority of the members live there they've met quite a few times) Though they are finally having one in the states. Though since I'm not really an active person there anymore I really don't care too much anymore =P. But it is too bad because I don't think alot of people could be able to attend simply either out of money or else time. Though a convention would be awesome, possible a few years from now might be the only way we could do something like that @_@. =(

Signature Image

I'm up for it but... I'm not rich enough ^_^'

MissCz

MissCz

// divine execution. //

Just an idea! : :hmpf: If only everyone had teleport-y powers, or any of the mods could magically summon us.

Jinzhou - hikeba haaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *mass exertion ensues on Jinzhou's part.*
Nuriko - Umm. Don't pull a muscle.
Jinzhou - hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Osiris - ....
Shequel - ............
Jinzhou - hoo.....hah! *Osiris disappears...and appears next to Jinzhou. From 3 feet away.*
Everyone - .....

Signature

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

Quote by MissCzJust an idea! : :hmpf: If only everyone had teleport-y powers, or any of the mods could magically summon us.

Jinzhou - hikeba haaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *mass exertion ensues on Jinzhou's part.*
Nuriko - Umm. Don't pull a muscle.
Jinzhou - hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Osiris - ....
Shequel - ............
Jinzhou - hoo.....hah! *Osiris disappears...and appears next to Jinzhou. From 3 feet away.*
Everyone - .....

ROFL!!!!! XD xd

Signature

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Quote by Taurecno hotel is big enough .. (10K + members)
no leech would care ... ...mmmmmz maybe the hotel is big enough

Hehehe, It's true >=D I think it would be fun, but the amount it would probably cost scares me X_x

h2dz

h2dz

h2UNDERGROUNdz

it'll be tite ^^.. but yea.. its too much ^^;

giving it all away...

Yarashi

Yarashi

*squish*

Yay says I! I'm totally for this. Maybe there could be one big convention, and then smaller meetings in the other countries for the people who wouldn't be able to make it overseas. Though the money is a problem, it'd be good to see it happen one day. ^.^

snarzz

snarzz

kawaii deschou ^^

hm..maybe all won´t be able to come...I mean..we all live in different countries...were would it be held??

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

rojacol

rojacol

.:INtheEXILE:.

isn't a crazy idea. In fact i've been working for a few weeks in a wall with this concept (Extracting all the characters) called MT Picnic. Maybe we have the same dream. all mt Comunity gatered in some place :)

Signature Image
||Browse my Gallery||
||Miembro orgulloso de: (Proud member of) Hispanime||

MissCz

MissCz

// divine execution. //

Well for starters, it could be in a mutually agreed place that is easily accessible to all MT members. I have no idea. It's just an idea though, people! But it'd definitely be fun. ^^

Signature

Mini get together is more feasible than trying to run one big con. I hope something can come out of this.

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

sure i'll in
but what about the asia section here?
depend on the area too doesn't it?
but good thinking to developing :D

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

omg, if this ever works then MT would be one of the craziest (in a good way) online communities ever! I doubt people would be able to afford the cost of commute, and a great number of us are still in our teens without jobs (I have one :P).

Great idea thought.

Signature

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

realistically speaking here, if we WERE to have one, it'd be in united sates, seeing that most members are from it. second of all, it would not be a free convention; people would have to pay atleast 50 dollars per night (to cover for food and hotel fee) each for a ticket to get in - their means of transportation to get to the convention will not be provided. we would need atleast 100-200 members to attend to make up for the fee also.

so all in all...it's an impossible idea :(

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.