Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 An MT Convention? - Minitokyo

An MT Convention?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 32 total items

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Break them down to smaller conventions. Its VERY possible. You just need dedication and actual effort made. I could actually write it all up for you in a PM if you want sammo, or if anyone else wants...Cause I'd honestly rather not spam up here explaining how everything can work.

Globally have everyone? No.
Hell not all of the 10k plus members post.....probably only a handful could even afford to attend the meeting. After reviewing over a few numbers and putting possiblities together, I came up with a half decent idea about how to get it to work. One problem, no matter how many different ways I did it...the final meeting place was in the U.S.A. >.> Sorry.

Signature Image

How about this idea:

Lots of people celebrate the New Year on December 31. Why not have a virtual get-together on the IRC channel all day on Dec. 31? People can stop by, chat, wish each other Happy New Year as the hours change across the earth. That may be the closest we can come to a get-together until either (a) we all win the lottery or (b) air fare and hotels are suddenly free and available to everyone no matter where they live.

MissCz

MissCz

// divine execution. //

Miketo, that's an awesome idea! Hell, we can all donate or something to get giveaway prizes or something! That's a really good idea. :) I'd like to see it followed through though...hmmm...

Signature

>> A d e s i r e to | e x p r e s s | myself. <<

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

Convention... years since I attended one... good idea, but then if MT were ever to organise such a convention it would be in the U.S. and I am from Poland... e... to those who do not know it is in Europe (and not in Scandynavia, as someone told me week before -_-;) so it is virtually impossible, on the other hand Miketo's idea seems pretty nice ->

Quote by miketoHow about this idea:
Lots of people celebrate the New Year on December 31. Why not have a virtual get-together on the IRC channel all day on Dec. 31? People can stop by, chat, wish each other Happy New Year as the hours change across the earth. That may be the closest we can come to a get-together until either (a) we all win the lottery or (b) air fare and hotels are suddenly free and available to everyone no matter where they live.

and I think it is far moooooooore realistic ^_^
*me goes to learn how to operate irc*

What I do is me...
... for that I came
me @ DeviantArt, AnimePaper, msn space

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

o.O this will sound pretty interestin if there was an MT convention would sound like fun altho it would cost quite alot.

Frosty

Frosty

: One Luv :

it'll be cool but I don't think is gonna happen, or at least anytime soon due to the fact that you have members from all across the world.... but its a good idea through. ^^

Signature

I say we do it, just on a smaller scale, ya know, like the people on the west and east coast, and then the ones in other countries, more like four or five together, but hey better than nothing. Also we could do a conference with our computers, about fifty to one hundred in tech if you don't have it, but that is a lot cheaper. Just my thoughts on a good idea.

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Eh... Its a beautiful dream, and you almost made me piss my pants, but i think it wouldnt work, unless sheqel became uber rich in the next five minutes... Maybe if sheqel could get a ton of money from the government, then he could host it... It would be oh so fun to see all of you!!!

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 32 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.