Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Kanon 2? - Minitokyo

Tagged under Kanon

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

A trailer for a Kanon show slated for 2006 release has come out (link removed). Any one has more info on this? Gosh, This is so very exciting! I was expecting a TV show for Clannad some time in the future but this one is certainly very welcome news too.

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Wow! This is defintely great news indeed! I did like the first series and I hope this one will live up to it...

Apparently it's a remake of the same story. But this time the studio responsible for the creation of Air anime, Kyoto Animation, will be handling it and there will be 26 episodes to the series. They will also be using the original Kanon game songs, just like they did with the Air anime.

From the trailer it's clear the graphics have been much improved (and Yuuichi doesn't look so ridiculous anymore) and I think we can expect the same level of achievement as with Air! Can't wait till the first episode comes out!

This is indeed great news. Most people feel that the old Kanon series was too rushed (especially those who played the game). Hopefully with the extended lenght the new series will be able to recreate the great plot that was presented in the game.

We need to see more Mai! =3

I personally thought the storyline of Kanon was better than air.. but Air had better animation and music.. hopefully the remake of Kanon will be perfect =P

Hmm... I actually think Air has the better (and more touching) storyline than Kanon. Well, I'll wait and see if this new series will change my mind. I just read the Kanon manga and it does delve into greater depths than the 2001-2002 anime did.

The names behind the remake seems good to me, after all they did similar animes so we can expect something good. I hope to see an improved Kanon.
The story was really cute, and i had watched it during winter time which made Kanon have a special kind of effect on me :)

i've only seen air so i hope this is good
should i see the old kanon before seeing the new one?

Quote by Keioni've only seen air so i hope this is good
should i see the old kanon before seeing the new one?

I suggest waiting for the better-animated version to come out.

Actually, the original Kanon is quite good (and very sad, more so than Air). Just because a remake is coming out doesn't make the original worse.

I recommend watching the original. I have watched the original and the makes me want to watch the remake even more (even if I already knew the main plot).

To be honest, I think the animation of the first Kanon anime is just so-so and frustratingly over-cute. Given the choice (and you are, Keion), I'd wait for the better-animated version (which should have the same storyline and possibly with more episodes to better explain some things).

Why spoil the great enjoyment to come with a lesser, older version?

Cheers!

If you watched an older version, and then watched the more recent version, the experience would be more enjoyable IMO.

I don't think the original is so-so. Watched it thrice and it still retains that magical tear-inducing charm...unlike Air which wasn't even sad at all (more like tragic than sad). The original Kanon is still way better than Air in terms of emotions.

for what i know...if the story is tragical, then it is sad....but might not be the other way around; just like how a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle might not be a square...
ne ways...the original kanon was great....good storyline...funny moments...sad moments...weird male-main character looking(lol), IMO its an above avg anime

while air is kinda slow-going/flowing...but it builds-up to a point that u didnt know it would and hit u right and the point...very tragic and sad indeed. in terms of emotion...i would actually say that AIR WAY-exceed kanon(sry, tragic lover here)

my advice...b4 the remake comes out...get the old one and watch it...if u dun like the old one...then just drop it, but make sure u watch the new one...since the animation would be completely 'upgraded'

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

that game is a bit old but i heard that the anime is alright.

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

Well, the first Kanon anime was pretty good and I liked it, especially the winter theme as background to the action was really nice. Looks like we can expect the new and improved Kanon story, I'm looking very forward to this one. Will definitely be a great remake, I don't think it's possible to screw this one up.

up up and away

Opening, Ending and Promo videos are out!

Chikaru-chan

Chikaru-chan

ex nihilo nihil fit

There is not , it canon two rather, but among others, better version in respect line. In internet, have appeared already two episodes. Unfortunately, as yet, in torrent network only.
Here, two links:
http://www.isohunt.com/download/14342301/kanon (2 ep.)
http://www.isohunt.com/download/14210403/kanon (1 ep.)

"I believe there is another world waiting for us.
A better world.
And I'll be waiting for you there."
Signature Image

I love the way that Kyoto Animation deals with the anime. It's always detailed and in good shape. I haven't seen the original version but there was a comparison chart between the Original and the remake. I must say that the remake from Kyoto Animation is absolutely stunning in style and detail. Now that you think about it, Air and Kanon are total opposites of each other in terms of season lol

Plus they changed Aizawa's voice to Tomokazu Sugita. This seiyuu is absolutly the best and apparently has been in a lot of shojo anime from what I can see. He's here, Shuffle!, Chobits, Honey and Clover and its sequel. Plus his most recent and most popular work yet, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu. He's a really great seiyuu and is just incredibly funny the way he talks and can think thing in such a logical way that it's hiliarous for the viewer. They really fit the scenes just for his voice don't they?
Uguu! (practically Ayu's trademark saying)

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Haven't seen the old Kanon, but I'm certainly enjoying the 2006 version as of this point. (Episode 8 was the last I saw.) Overly cutesy female character designs aside, the show manages to avoid most of the typical game-to-anime traps in favor of an engaging story. At this point, I don't even give a damn about the "auuu/ughuuu" lines anymore, NOR the audaciously cute-ish female designs.

It IS a slow show, so naturally, it's going to bore some people. There is certainly character and story development, though, so I'm hinging on the show delivering.

And the art is lovely. Again, I haven't seen the old version, so I can't compare. Still, the town and the season is portrayed more than satisfactory, so that's a definite plus. The animation has held a rather high standard as well, so if you're in it for the art, I don't see anyone walking away disappointed.

i've seen the older kanon, and i thought that the story was pretty good. and i've only seen about 3 episodes of the newer kanon, but overall, i think that i'll enjoy the newer kanon better cuz there's more episodes, so they can fully develop the story. and i think that the animation in the newer version is extremely awesome.

i had seen 10 episodes so far of kanon remake and i ve to said that is more enjoyable than the previous kanon!

I link kanon song

Quote by kulalachanI link kanon song

You are trying to get this thread locked alright. Your sentence makes hardly any sense either.

Are you referring to the new kanon that came out in 2006 in japan? The dvd is going to be released next month I think. But if you want a preview you can catch it on youtube.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.