Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 about chrno crusade's ending (SUPER SPOILER!) - Minitokyo

about chrno crusade's ending (SUPER SPOILER!)

Tagged under Chrno Crusade

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

Here's my message's contents:

I just finished watching this Chrno Crusade series... and I feel terrible now about how the ending goes. I need some enlightments from members here, as I even can't sleep . Here's what made me REALLY sad

* Rosette's death, she is very cheerful and strong from the beginning, and also very funny. In the end, she looked really weak, afraid, and gloomy. I cannot face her death

* Crno's death... why there's nothing he can do to make the ending better

* Joshua, which lost memory, is terrible. Rossette wasted her life making a contract to save Joshua, while in the end of the day, she even cannot reunite with Joshua, even for a bit of time. This is very tragic

* The Photograph IS REALLY TOUCHING! Damn! It's like they were really having fun at the carnival, dancing, taking photos, etc... but suddenly everything is taken away by Aion, Rossette brainwashed, and that's simply the last time they are united (the 4 of them). This photograph thing made me really sad, even Rossette didnt have a chance to see it . It's terribe if I think how she's still very normal while the photograph is taken, then a few moments later, she's gone

* Remington's BAAAaaaad fortune

* Even Stella is death too, and she also failed to reunite with her sister

* Azmaria, which is left alone, only with tha photograph of all her dead friends... I prefer to be dead to if I was her. Tragic

* Why everyone ended up failing? (Rosette failed to reunite with Joshua, Stella failed with Florette, Crono cannot keep Rosette alive...)

oh and Rosette died at 16 is simply TRAGIC

while Aion the sucker is still alive while all the good guys which fight with all they had, everything they believe in, and tremendous faith.....died

The ending of Chrno Crusade made me cry. What affected me the most is Chrno and Rosette's death. It's good that they died together but the fact that they died is still very sad. :(

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

The ending was depressing and tragic I guess but it kinda depicts the fact that the war between heaven and hell, or good and evil is a never ending conflict invloving tragedy. I almost cried that Rosette and Chrno died and in the manner at which they died, although they died "happily" because u see them smiling.

I kinda dont wanna say this, but there is already a thread discussing the same thing so be careful...

i can't remember much of the series, but hearing hese comments makes me wanna rewatch it.
i do remember it being very sad though, tragic stories are nice to watch.... keeps you more active with the characters..... cause if the show was happy everything happy.. blah blah.. then we got us a tokyo underground xD ( ending was just too awkward and .. .typical bad guy loses and everyone lived happily ever after )

Oh yeah, I cried so much at the end of this anime T_T
The death of Rosette and Chrno was so sad, why couldn't they live happily after all that they have been through! It's so unfair! But in the same time, they were together till the end and they won't have to go through the terrible war that is to come.
As for Azmaria, I think it's sad, she's all alone. When she had this small smile in the end, when she "saw" the last time of Rosette with Chrno, it made me cry again(again because I already cried a lot with their death)
Ihave been depressed for a long time after that and even now just to think about it make me feel so sad...
This anime is one of the most marking and touching I've ever seen!

Signature
. ~ * ~ * ~ My Newest Wallie: Deadly Night ~ * ~ * ~ .

I am a member of COLORFULL WALLIES! ~ Free--Wallers ~ Sesshomaru-Luvin

well... i saw some older threads, but i've been in a dilemma on reviving an old buried thread, or starting new. I decided to start new... sorry, seems I made the wrong decision.

The most tragic thing is that i dont see the 'happy' last 6 month live of Rosette & Crno as a tragic & unhappy, they seemed old, and Rosette isnt just being herself AT ALL, she didnt get angry, didnt yell... just like a pair of old couple. And dont she worried with her friends and bro out there? I think she's given up and depressed :(

ill be happy if they are really happy.... but seems even till death Rosette didnt got her objective.

merged: 03-29-2006 ~ 12:23am
sorry 2x post, 2 new posts popped up after my post. It's nice to hear your responses, other forums didnt response at all about this.

I just feel easier when sharing my sadness :)

The photograph.... too touching!

also, the Character like Rosette doesnt suppose to be dead... shes too cheerful

You knew Rosette was going to die eventually, and I thought it was a good idea to make that happen at the end of the series. And yes, it was sad that Azmaria was left alone, but she has friends and a "family", which she was missing before she met Chrno and Rosette.

Signature Image

I've seen the 8th volume of the manga, as well as the epilogie, but its in language i dont understand.

But seeing from the pictures, seems like the manga have much better closing storyline, Joshua regain conciousness there and is not a total sucker, chrno looked tougher and seems able to do more, rosette finished her missions (while died anyway 7 years later), world is more peaceful than in the anime. Stella is alive and havve more meaningful role (Seems like, in the anime she died like a useless character)

The anime is much more tragic...

But the thing I don't understand in the manga are:
-Is Chrno died together with Rosette too at the end of the story?
-They're separated for 7 years right?

Thanks, hope some of you will clarify to me, thanks!

Yureika

Yureika

[.: L!ve tHe FulLe$t :.]

same !
i cried like in the middle of the last ep till the end ! it too sad...
man my tears didnt ran out lol !
i like the plot but the ending mah ...! nice but trully sad !

i cried when i was watching the last episode. sort of. it's my FIRST time crying over smthing virtual x_x oh well. yeah sad ending :\

Siri

Siri

Suou

oh i think the saddest part was that
rosette was so happy all the time
and at the end she finally broke
and was crying "i don't want to die" to chrno even though she'd been trying to prepare herself for it for so long.
at least they were smiling at the end
but that part was so sad

When everyone leaves you... I'll look for you then
Signature Image

totally agree!

urgh your post made me wanna cry again! are there any anime as sad as this one? I've never seen one.

That crying and the sunset event really hurt me!

Try to read the manga, I've seen the pictures only, it seemed better, she seems isnt brainwashed, and is still herself till almost the very-very end when she is dying. If chrono died too, then the manga is obviously better.

One additional sadness in the anime:
-The tombstone 1912-1928 <------ 16 years old, gone through all that, and died in the end? omg

kinoko-san

kinoko-san

snow and winter~~

same with you all,i also cried alot when chrno and rosette died.......joshua lost his memories and aion revived again?so many things haven't solved yet....it's very unfair too when i see the super cheerful rosette has been brainwashed and changed a lot with that damn aion only because she has the stigmata.......T_T chrno and rosette may die happily together but everyone in that anime seems to failed their goals.... However this anime is one of the best sad ending anime beside kiminozo,they made me cried a lot...

Yes exactly, this discussion about how sad and tragic helps me feel better, lol, rather than being sad all alone without sharing anything :)

The manga... while everyone seemed have their problem solved, Rosette still died too, and that 7 years Chrono's not around, so here's the main difference between anime & manga:

Anime-> Rosette lived 'happy' last 6 month WITH Chrono, without everyone else, but too late to met everyone else till the end
Manga-> Rosette lived 'happy' last 7 years WITH EVERYONE, without Chrono, but met Chrono in the very end

So its up to you to decide which one is better.... I still think the manga has a better ending, since everyone is doing really fine, (hopefully Chrono died together too in the Manga). Oh and AION IS DEAD FOR GOOD IN MANGA!

I don't know who is the guy with Rosette in the church in Manga, is it Remington? But he looked so old... while Remington after 7 years doesnt suppose to be that old?

If I was RICH, like Bill Gates, I will pay Daisuke Moriyama to create another volume, volume 9, which Doraemon & Nobita came, and turn back all the time, and made them all live happily!

In the end, this is a very good story, but I regret watching/reading it... my life was alot better before I see this :(. Any idea how is the ending on the Novel?

After watching this anime, I fell a Camera is a scary device... it can freeze time to as low as 1/16000 seconds, which will NEVER EVER came back/repeated again... CREEEEEPYYYYY.

Wow, there's pros and cons for whichever ending to choose. I'd say, split the months between friends and Chrno. ;)

Signature Image

Ianervan

Ianervan

ToiletPriest

I almost cried during the ending but... after reading all your posts, i started crying. Rosette and Chrno didn't live as long as they expect. And at the very end, they showed the photo, it was really touching. Man... What a tragic ending...

chidoguan

The moon is dancing

Man this is one of my favorite series, the story was really interesting and every single chapter made me want to watch the next ASAP!

As for the ending indeed very sad, but in my opinion I couldn't have asked for a better one!(I was about to break in tears at the end tho :'( ) and for the image Azmaria has when she entered the shack seemed like they were real happy eventough it was for a short time and putting aside the fact that Rossette break up in tears at the end(I was like OMFG, didn't see that one commin')

I have a question for those who have read the manga, is it better/different than the anime? also I would like to see the manga ending seems like a kickass ending as well.

P.S. Does anyone know where can I get the manga?

Greets

they sell very high price in ebay. What I have is Chinese translation, I don't understand, just judging from pictures. I said some things about the manga ending above. The main part is Rosette lived happily with everyone except chrono in 7 years, and finally met chrono again right before she died, they hug and smile.

In the ending part Rosette looked really tired and old (well, not aging, but has a look of an old person that is about to die). Very sad as well, but the better things on the manga:
-Joshua didnt get amnesia, he break his horns himself because he gained his memory, and he lived too
-Stella is alive, frozen till 90s, so stella is alive right now in 2006. Anyone have her address? lol
-In 90s Az is really old, and she gave the photo in carnival to Stella
-AION IS NOT #$@%$% REVIVED ! HES DEAD DEAD dEAD VERY DEAD INDEED :)
-Remington didnt become a crazy thug
-World is much more peaceful in the manga
-Elder retired etc...
-In manga everything goes very well indeed, except the fact that Rosette cannot be saved.

Anime, Rosette cried afraid of death, seems the author wants to make it very realistic, everyone, even the toughest person is afraid of death, even animals like horses and elephants are afraid of death.

merged: 03-30-2006 ~ 02:13pm
oh and I could ask for another extra 30 seconds for the anime ending.

We will feel MUCH BETTER if they show a scene of Chrno and Rosette together in heaven :) will be beautiful! LIke the ending of the Gladiator movie, where the mian hero met his dead family in heaven after he died.

merged: 03-31-2006 ~ 01:48pm
Here's the synopsis of the epilogue in manga

credit o Vero-chan from astral contract

CHRNO CRUSADE - EPILOGUE

The year is 1931 (7 years after the events in Chapter 56), at the Seventh Bell Orphanage, in Michigan. A grown-up Joshua and Azmaria arrive to the building, and go to Rosette's room. Rosette (who is now 23 and looks really beautiful) has been living in the orphanage for a while, and is now a teacher there. She has not been feeling good lately, and when Az and Joshua enter her room, they find her sitting on her bed, being taken care of by Elizabeth Grandberg (Rosette's first friend at the Magdalan Order) who is now a doctor. Azmaria and Joshua are worried about her, but Rosette reassures them. They talk for a while, and Azmaria explains that Joshua is now a minister at the Magdalan Order, as well as other things regarding the rest of the members of the order (I don't understand everything that she said, I need to read that chapter again). The Elder retired from his position 2 years ago, Sister Kate is still the Headmistress of the NY branch, Guilliam and his assistant Grace moved to NY and are now under the orders of Sister Kate, Remington also retired from the order, along with the Elder...

Azmaria leaves Rosette's room and has a talk with Elizabeth. She tells her that Rosette doesn't have much time left. Rosette calls Az and Joshua to her side and makes them promise something to her (something along the lines of living their life to the fullest, or something similar). Some months later (according to Azmaria) Rosette died, and Az and Joshua are seen in Rosette's funeral, holding hands...

Fast forward to 1999. Satella (YES, YOU READ WELL, SATELLA IS ALIVE!) looking almost the same, except she now has modern clothes, receives a gift from Azmaria (who is now very old). It's the picture from the carnival, that Azmaria has been keeping. (But why is Satella alive? Answer: Satella and Fiore were "frozen in time" and their bodies fell to the sea when Pandemonium was destroyed. Their frozen bodies were washed ashore in 1996, and she was later "defrozen" by some scientists.) Satella then goes to the Magdalan Order, and goes to visit Rosette's grave (the grave reads: Rosette Christopher, 1908 - 1932). She puts flowers in Rosette's grave, and tells her something about being grateful to her, because "they" (Rosette and Chrno) created a bright new future for everybody. She promises Rosette that she will live her life in the best way possible, always looking at the future. She then leaves, not noticing that Fiore was looking at her from a distace. Sheda (she's alive too, and was probably the one who "defroze" Fiore), asks Fiore if she's worried about Satella, and Fiore says no. She then says goodbye to Satella in her mind...

Back to 1931... Rosette has a talk with Remington inside a church. (Remington looks very old, but still looks handsome) Remington says goodbye to her and leaves, and Rosette is left alone. Rosette thinks about Chrno, and tells him in her thoughts that she was still waiting for him, and that he was the reason she was still battling against time. Then suddenly, Rosette falls, and starts feeling very bad. Rosette falls on her knees before the altar, and begs Chrno to come to her....... then.... (GET YOUR KLEENEX READY!)

The door of the church opens. Rosette is surprised, and turns to look at the entrace...

Chrno is standing by the doorway. He has long hair now, he lost his horns (and a part of his right arm) and looks very worn out, but looks very happy....

Rosette starts to cry in disbelief.... Chrno starts running towards her... Rosette starts to run to him too, with her arms outstretched.... Chrno opens his arms and smiles at her....

Rosette jumps into Chrno's embrace, crying tears of joy.

guys for me even the manga chrono crusade made me felt like crying.I guess the ending is very touchin...sob i like the way she and chrono met in the church...

even me couldnt die alone like sister rossete.wat happen if die without beloved.Our soul wont live in peace either..

auel1124

auel1124

I will fly with broken wings...

well, dont hit me but... when I saw the ending, I didnt understand it... I thought that Rosette and Chrno were sleeping OX ...My friends had to explain me the endings a lot of times until I understood it ^^U

the ending was very sad, i lost a lot of sleep over it as well XD the only closure i got was that the series stressed the possibility of 'reincarnation', where 'mary magdalene' (chrno's first love) died only to be reincarnated later as 'rosette christpher'. so i will mysef to believe that 'chrno and rosette may have died, but they were reborn and live together happily!'

The most depressing part of the endig for me was when Azmaria and the other sisters found Rosette and Chrno's body.... When she looked at the cabin and saw what Rosette and Chrno were doing before the died... T_T

Also, when Rosette was crying and said Thank You to Chrno....

:( and.... when Azmaria saw that Chrno and Rosette was smiling happily and she cried and smiled as welll.

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

I agree with most of the comments made on the anime/manga.. I watched anime, and loved it. The ending, I have to say made me want to cry, I knew it was going to happen, but I couldn't help but cry.. I do think the fight with Aion was to short though -_-

The manga does sound better than the anime.. Since (I believe) it's the original ^^ I'm going start reading it as soon as I'm done DNAngel :) So much for the epilogue.. chrno999 kinda told me it XD No biggy though :) I still have the other parts of the story to look forward to ^^

It had a sad ending. Its meant to be like that i suppose so that there is originality in the story which makes it special. We have always seen shows with happy happy ending so i suppose this kind of ending is somewhat different.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.