Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Samurai Champloo Good or Bad - Minitokyo

Samurai Champloo Good or Bad

Tagged under Samurai Champloo

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 56 total items

It's an Okay show, but definatley not the best. I wonder how popular it will be when Hip Hop is no longer as popular as it is today.

It was a good anime, but it was not one of my favorites, not one I could spend hours on end watching unlike some of my favorite series.

mindlesslymika

wife school drop out

I loved samurai champloo. the idea of a "hip-hop samurai" anime was cool, a bit of a cowboy bebop rehash but it was still intresting... the music did have the potential to be phenominal but fell slightly short and yet it was still good. the art was beautiful and the story was entertaining but not something that consumes your life... if you missed an episode it was okay, you could go back and watch it again, unlike other animes that you have to watch every episode from beging to end to understand. champloo is a great anime and deffinately one of my top 10

ionthedemon

ionthedemon

ens causa sui

hell yeah it was good, the whole story was good, original series. the thing i didn't like was the ending, when they just separate. how about you?

it is ok but it never got my att.

Hakukuroneko

Hakukuroneko

White Black Cat

I really like this animation. I totally liked the 3 characters personality, the dubbed was great in my opinion. I absolutely love the battle, especially the battle with Jin and Mugen in the first episode. The Intro was unique with the rap in it. The story was great. I was kinda hoping something more after the ending and a little more fighting those are the only complaints I have. ^_^

Signature Image
Thanks Sumomo for the Sig :)
"If Life deals you a bad hand...cheat" (GTO)
"give a kid a smoke and he'll be happy for a day, teach a kid how to smoke, he'll be happy for a whole shortened life time." (GTO)

Samurai Champloo rocks. That is all.

yeah, i agree with what most people said in this thread. It was great. but not one of the bests. I liked how modern, yet old-ish it was. hehe

Wugz

analord

On par with Cowboy Bebop and FLCL imo. Ingenious anachronisms and symbolic visuals. Not to mention the top notch animation, good VA's, and genuine underground instrumental hip hop.

Can't really go wrong at all with such a combination.

Quote by Wugz

On par with Cowboy Bebop and FLCL imo. Ingenious anachronisms and symbolic visuals. Not to mention the top notch animation, good VA's, and genuine underground instrumental hip hop.

Can't really go wrong at all with such a combination.

Exaaaaaaaaactly :D and also like to add thaat characters were superb
SC, CB, and FLCL are also my favorites XD

its so funny! i love fuu, jin and mugen! they're funny! :)

YoU cAn SaY tHe MoSt WoNdErFuL tHiNgS iF yOu WaNt To

i'll rate it 4/5 (entertaining, lovely action, beautifull backgrouds)

they could have improved the ending music abit... not my type.

as for the characters, well... this series the characters are not near invincible.. or overpowered superhumans... xD

Kuzoku

Kuzoku

Sweet Dreamer

I thought it was brilliant. I liked the character developement. The art was beautiful The style was awesome and the fight scenes were sugoi! ^_^*

Those who dream sweet dreams forget the pain of yesterday

hihi! i got watch a bit, samurai champloo is ok lah, to my opinion lah. the picture not bad, but i want to ask that for that time, is those kind of clothes are like that 1 na?

SC is still one of my most favorite animes that I've seen.

Yea Samurai Champloo is a good anime series but it isn't at the top of my list. The series is rather short and plus the adventures seem to get sidetracked alot. The drawing isn't the best I've seen and there are many things they could improve on. I guess the fighting and the comedy skits pull it out of the gutter but if you just look at the story line, Stupid girl tries to find what she is looking for with "unique" friends, which is often not an orginal story...

AngelTAP

AngelTAP

Keeper of the Midnight Sun

Very cool, very original. It was an all around good Anime.

When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

Samurai Champloo should be categorized as Comedy Action. As the theme of the story is not so serious so it is most better suited to light viewer. It have some hilarious scene although the fighting scene is not bad too. Overall it is a good anime in it's own right.

PAche

PAche

hoarder

its a must-see anime, like bebop

it's unique style and absurd storyline makes it one of the best anime i've ever seen.not to mention the high quality work they did on champloo.the drawings were superb, at least as far as i could see.

and the fighting scenes were great, especially with mugen's awesome deadly breakdancing XD its got lots of comedy, non-stop action in the wierdest ways and even a little but of romance.i mean, each episode has them fighting for the strangest reasons yet it wasn't ridiculous, it made sense

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

It's a great show. Its strong points are how it successfully blends so many different genres and styles into a massively episodic series. Not exactly a 'legendary' show but still a great show not to be missed IMO.

Great ending, but I kinda hate sad endings, I thought I liked them but then after a couple really dramatic endings I decided I prefer or everybody happy or everybody dead, no melancholy, death is simple:P. Good ending, espected from the Cowboy Bebop director

Its very unique and has large target audience. To do that successfully is a challenge in itself. In my opinion it did do that quite well. Though as HB13 pointed out it has the 1 to 1 episode to story ratio which has its positives and negatives. But by allowing both people who love anime and people who dont to enjoy watching it automatically makes it a 'good' series. When you add in the artistic style and approach it takes I think you end up with a great series with a large chance of success in todays industry. As for calling it the best.... i dunno about all that

Mortiferatrinidad156

Mortiferatrinidad156

Vaquerita con una escopeta...

I loved Samurai Champloo! ^o^ The story was very personal and not too serious.[ sometimes too-serious stories get boring...-__- ] I liked the fact that their journey was about a personal thing,[ you know, about Fuu's ummm, spoilers...] and not another story about someone trying to destroy the world or something...^___~ And the art was great and I loved the music, especially that ending song, "Shiki no Uta"! Overall, it's one of my fave animes.

Signature Image
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Soy demasiado joven para morir!"
El rostros frios alinean en las calles de esta ciudad desolada...
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Porque en esta noche sin viento, estamos tratando de cambiar algo...

Samurai Champloo is very good, it is not stiller the best.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 56 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.