Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Samurai Champloo Good or Bad - Minitokyo

Samurai Champloo Good or Bad

Tagged under Samurai Champloo

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 56 total items

I liked it. I thought it was a pretty unique and cool anime. I couldn't expect less from the creators of Cowboy Bebop. I really liked the clash between historical events and more modern events, it just boosted the level of style up a notch; and I'll admit the fight scenes were pretty AWESOME! :D

hmmm..... I've read most of the comments and I'm surprised as how some of them weren't actually impressed/touched by the anime. ( I respect all opinions )

Ah well, in my case it was like a breath of fresh air; I've started so many series in parallel, and I couldn't actually stick to them, so I was surprised when I started Samurai Champloo with an ''ah, let's see what this is about'' thought. Strangely I found myself addicted and finished it in about a day.

The impression it left to me was slightly bitter sweet ( because of the ending of course, although it might be categorized as a good ending, it wasn't what I had expected. )
Well, leaving the plot aside, I think that the characters were the ones that made their way to my heart the first; although their personalities were ones that are often encountered in lots of anime ( ex: calm/composed and lazy/rough ), they were individualized in such a great manner...I wouldn't say the same thing about Fuu though, she was sort of typical ( to my disappointment - I'd say that her personality in the manga was more acceptable )

I was sucked in by the action, and felt everything; I tried to understand life in the Edo period, life as a ronin or an assassin, or even as a commoner. ( I know that there are many historically based anime, but I was able to identify here )

hmm, what's left to say...heh, blood pumping fights :)

and last but not least, the kick-ass OST; I've listened to some of the songs before ( ex: Obokuri-Ee Umi ), brilliant.

so....if anyone finds the will to read this comment, I hope that they have similar thoughts as me ^^

One of the best anime out.

Bad? If anyone would say it is bad i think he's a total weirdo.
It was such a good anime and one of the best i've ever watched...seriously.Although it lacks solid storyline but it definitely has awesome sword-fighting scenes and good sense of humors.
For me, such a good anime like Samurai Champloo only comes once in a blue moon.

Love it too. I never really watch more than 5 episode but "Never judge a book by its cover", But yeah, long storyline are still better.

It's one of the best I've seen! I'm not judging on plot, but on the way the artists did the storyboarding, panelling, etc and it was just a refreshing breathe in comparison with all the popular animes out there.

Pretty good anime... I enjoyed it for its hilarity and action. Swordsmen are so awesome.

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 56 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.