Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Favorite/excellent anime artists? - Minitokyo

Favorite/excellent anime artists?

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Mmm I'm not entirely sure if it's the right category for this thread, but if it's not feel free to move it.

Anyways, I was just interested to find out which artists are your favorite or who's work you admire. Rather than sitting down and looking through the hundreds of artists listed under studio, I figured it'd be easier to make a thread of the good artists people recommend :P I know this might seem like another favorite thread, but I've been looking at art books/collections from artists such as Range Murata and Abe Yoshitoshi (love their work btw) and I'd just like to know of other artists that I should check out.

So who's work do you suggest is worth taking a look at? Oh and if possible, please post a link to a sample image =)

Let's see I know you will probably throw a rock as me since I don't know his name but I love the art work of the Vampire Hunter D Blood Lust. Makes me salivate all the time.

http://members.aol.com/Xxxxx10178/VHD/VHD_BL-03_a.jpg

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

range murata and bones studio. the art of "last exile" and "cowboy bebop", "rahxephon", "eureka 7" is too cool.

merged: 03-31-2006 ~ 12:59am
range murata and bones studio. the art of "last exile" and "cowboy bebop", "rahxephon", "eureka 7" is too cool.

I agree with JenosydesWhisperMatrix. The artist who worked on Vampire hunter D: Bloodlust is the best.

May the force be with you!

Quote by stalka-chanI agree with JenosydesWhisperMatrix. The artist who worked on Vampire hunter D: Bloodlust is the best.

YEAH! No one can deny the beauty of that Anime. Now don't get me wrong I loved the first movie too and will always love Anime no matter how the art is but when it comes to beauty and putting so much emotion into eyes...the artist that did VHD: BL takes the cake and if I'm not mistaken he/she/they/it also did a little one for Animatrix but I could be wrong but I know I'm not I would recognize that beauty anywhere. ;)

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

For me I think the best anime/manga artists is:
1.Hisashi Hirai-Gundam seed/destiny
2.Eichiiro Oda-One piece
3.Watsuki Nobuhiro-Rurouni Kenshin
4.Masashi Kishimoto-Naruto
5.well I dont sure this is anime or manga but I vote for this too:
Final Fantasy VII:Advent Children

I also do love the computer animated Anime that comes from the land of lesser Gods even with technology they still manage with seemingly no effort to put so much emotion into the eyes it always blows my mind and then I look at the Disney computer animated stuff and it's true they all have dead eyes. And it is for that reason and many others is why I consider Japan to be the land of lesser gods. ;)

Signature Image

Quote by JenosydesWhisperMatrixLet's see I know you will probably throw a rock as me since I don't know his name but I love the art work of the Vampire Hunter D Blood Lust. Makes me salivate all the time.

You mean Yoshitaka Amano?
Yes his design are really beautiful. Why are his Artbooks so expnesive X-O

Range Murata an Yoshitoshi Abe belong to my favourites as well.
But also the guy who was responsible for character Designs in the Cowboy Bebop movie, Wolfs Rain , WHR, Eureka7 andandand... what's his name?
Ah! Toshihiro Kawamoto ^^'

Well and several other... but there are too many

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

When I saw the topic I automatically thought of Bloodlust's artist.

Other guys I know are Masamune Shirow (mangas of Ghost in the Shell and Apple Seed), Tony Taka (Shining Tears - need to see that), Range Murata (Blue Submarine 6, Last Exile - need to see that).

Wished I knew more artists.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

CraftedWars

Totally confused @_@

Clamp they are famous and they artworks are awesome, not only that all their works like card captor sakura,X/1991,chobits,clover,wish,angelic layer,magical knights rayerth are very classic and many people love it.

kesshin

Of the Twilight Darkening

I dont' really know the names but the person who draws Bleach has my vote. Also the creator of Saiyuki - i don't like the anime style but the official art is incredible. D.N.Angel official art is also beautiful. and whoever draws vampire princess miyu's official art..i don't usually like the watercolour style but that work is incredible.

The spreading world within my dreams is the last secret garden
I'm disappearing from within you, but don't forget
My name...
Signature

Kyo26

Kyo26

Miuseiki

ill go for
Eichiiro Oda - one piece
Kosuke Fujishima - You're Under Arrest /Ah!My Goddess!
Ken Akamatsu - Love Hina/Negi Magi
Clamp - Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles

many more but i cant remember their names >.<

Signature

cherry12

love,hinata

masashi kishimoto-naruto
naoko takeuchi-sailormoon
koge donbo-pita ten, bottle fairy, digi charat

did i change alittle?

Neon

Neon

Mirai Hime

Yuki Kaori, the mangaka of Tenshi Kinryoku/Angel Sanctuary... she rocks!

Signature Image

Hyung Tae Kim is a brilliant artist. If you have ever seen or played Magna Carta, then you know what I'm talking about.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.