Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Interesting fact on Privacy - Minitokyo

Interesting fact on Privacy

page 1 of 1 17 total items

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

Fact- Only 3% of Americans in the US knows what the NSA is. No, it does not stand for No Such Agency it's something else. It stands for National Security Agency which decyphers codes, look at all our e-mail, AIM, telephone conversation, mail, can take satillite pictues of us anywhere on the globe, etc. That's their job in the government so in ways "Big Brother" is Watching.........to them privacy is nothing more than a myth. So, now with the introduction to the NSA said and done how do you feel about the NSA? Do you think it's a good thing that they have the right to look through out personal lives or not?

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true."
- Robert Wilensky

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

There are really easy tricks to bypass them. For Instant Messengers, simply don't put any hotlinks in, and add no attachments. For e-mail, don't put any attachments.

As for other stuff -- They don't tap every line. They can, but they only check up on "suspicious" people. The satellite image is a no brainer. Hell, I can even get a satellite image of my own house right now if I want to.

i could care less, I don't do anything that would attract their attention.

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

Quote by Vagrant123There are really easy tricks to bypass them. For Instant Messengers, simply don't put any hotlinks in, and add no attachments. For e-mail, don't put any attachments.
As for other stuff -- They don't tap every line. They can, but they only check up on "suspicious" people. The satellite image is a no brainer. Hell, I can even get a satellite image of my own house right now if I want to.
i could care less, I don't do anything that would attract their attention.

Great ideas although I think there are plenty of other stuff the NSA is doing to bypass your bypasses. This information I got was made public and I bet the NSA keeps their most important resourses under wraps so we won't try to outsmart them again. And for that "suspicious people" stuff I think they check everyone every now and then since an unsuspicious person might become suspicious in the future...I don't think the government is gonna leave any loopholes with all this talk of terrorist circulation around.....

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true."
- Robert Wilensky

UniKron

UniKron

Rated H

true, "they" the people, dont listen to everything... every transmission imaginable is fed through a computer that is set to detect certain code words. Anything that has said code words in it is then recorded and run back through again for a full analysis. ... and when i say every transmission imaginable i mean it email, ims, telephone, even Cb, and walkie talkie transmissions... pretty much anything that a satelite can pick up... the only thing they cant actively moniter is postal messages.. but i even doubt that sometimes. As for my feelings on the Nsa, and boys i hope u read this.. i hope the next terrorist attacks blow the hell out of their building. Because most americans dont give a crap that all this so called security is payed for heavily with freedom and privacy, what this nation was founded on.

Nihonjin kanojo boshu-chu ^.^ Serious inquiries only plz!!

I could tell you some information, but they are watching me.

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

They are nonbias people, and they don't care what they read. It's kind of like going to a store and buying condoms. The cashier really doesn't care, all they care about is getting the money for it. The NSA is the same way, they don't care what they read, just as long as they weed out the bad guys. I'm fine with them doing it. And as vagrant said, they only watch people who are suspected of being criminials, etc. Hell, the NSA protects us and we don't even know it half the time. Supposedly, there've been over a dozen foiled terrorist attacks, due partly to the NSA.

And besides, the NSA hired Sam Fischer. And he's the man. >=O

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

Quote by UniKrontrue, "they" the people, dont listen to everything... every transmission imaginable is fed through a computer that is set to detect certain code words. Anything that has said code words in it is then recorded and run back through again for a full analysis. ... and when i say every transmission imaginable i mean it email, ims, telephone, even Cb, and walkie talkie transmissions... pretty much anything that a satelite can pick up... the only thing they cant actively moniter is postal messages.. but i even doubt that sometimes. As for my feelings on the Nsa, and boys i hope u read this.. i hope the next terrorist attacks blow the hell out of their building. Because most americans dont give a crap that all this so called security is payed for heavily with freedom and privacy, what this nation was founded on.

I guess you're not so pleased with the NSA and I kinda get the same feelings knowing that at times I'm being watched and everything I send or say on the net goes through a system for certain words. I shudder at that thought.

- Robert Wilensky

UniKron

UniKron

Rated H

yes they may have foiled terrorist attacks ... but where does it end? where is the line? is there a line?... have any of you read 1984? and dont you see any shocking similarities?

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

Quote by UniKron yes they may have foiled terrorist attacks ... but where does it end? where is the line? is there a line?... have any of you read 1984? and dont you see any shocking similarities?

Yeah read that didn't you notice the "Big Brother is Watching" oh well but I also think Jinzhou has a few good points on how the NSA does protect society and it's all a question weither or not you are willing to sacrifice a bit of privacy for the benefit of all.....

- Robert Wilensky

UniKron

UniKron

Rated H

he is right about the fact that they are there to protect. but i dont belive, and dont see how other people believe that sacrificeing freedom for safety is a good idea... it may work in the short run but in the end it hurts everyone. and i didnt totally miss it, i asked for those who mightnot be old enough to have read it or might not recognize the quote ... but im the reiteration king so.... =\

The National Security Agency is one awesome organization.
Can you imagine all the encrypted channels they decipher and communication they intercept from our enemies domestic and abroad?
I for one am damn glad they work for the United States.
Everyone country has their NSA type programs running anyhow; either it be the Mossad or whatever.

As for my privacy, our Constitution protects us against abuse.
The conspiracy theories indicate otherwise, but there are checks-and-balances in play to ensure they are doing their job within the law.

Signature

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

Quote by OykotinimThe National Security Agency is one awesome organization.
Can you imagine all the encrypted channels they decipher and communication they intercept from our enemies domestic and abroad?
Everyone country has their NSA type programs running anyhow; either it be the Mossad or whatever.
The conspiracy theories indicate otherwise, but there are checks-and-balances in play to ensure they are doing their job within the law.

Yeah, the NSA does sound like a well balanced agency, not currupted and such so I guess I'll have to change my opinion about them then.

- Robert Wilensky

UniKron

UniKron

Rated H

riiiiiiiight keep dreaming dude. the only reason its "legal" is because of laws like the patriot act. besides the constitution doesnt garuntee anything anymore. its more like a general guidline of what should be done. many checks and balances are outweighed by the awesomeness of elastic clauses.

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

Quote by OykotinimThe National Security Agency is one awesome organization.
Can you imagine all the encrypted channels they decipher and
communication they intercept from our enemies domestic and abroad?
Everyone country has their NSA type programs running anyhow; either it
be the Mossad or whatever.
The conspiracy theories indicate otherwise, but there are
checks-and-balances in play to ensure they are doing their job within
the law.

Not to mention, if our rights get abused too much, we do have a right to protest.

I don't care what the NSA does -- it's not bothering me. I don't care if it processes my personal information, I know that in no way will it harm me because I am doing nothing wrong. It's like a form of the police. They're there. If you do nothing wrong, it's fine. The police have details on you as well. I don't say they're invading your privacy.

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

SAGO

SAGO

King of Kings

I have nothing to hide.

chopsuey

anime lover

I dont fear the NSA, I dont have anything interesting for them :hmpf: (hope they dont searc in my PC for posting this :D

This world is full of sadness, can U be really happy?

Lord_Tensai_III

A Gentleman and a Scholar

Despite the potential for wrong, the NSA is a vital part to this nation's security. Yes it is vaguely creepy to think someone can read your e-mails. But I think that some cryptographer reading one of my e-mails (which he wouldn't know about nor care about) is a small price to pay for stopping terrorists and keeping our nation safe.

As SAGO said: I have nothing to hide.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.