Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime figurines - Minitokyo

Anime figurines

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

sleepingforest

-=-Novice Violinist-=-

Does anyone collect anime figurines? pvc figurines, resin cast, etc? I want to start collecting but i have no idea where to buy it online (definitely can't find it where i'm living). I tried searching and have found a few sites selling but there's quite a big difference in price. i have no idea why. Can anyone recommend me some sites?

Signature Image

In memories of Aerith Gainsborough....
SleepingForest.

Haohmaru77

Haohmaru77

Stray Wanderer

Id love to collect those figurines but in my country they are too expensive. They ROCK!

Signature Image
Dude, I'm doing something for you. Return the favor!
Donate money to the poor!! Or at least heed their voices!
Thanx to K1ru for the super signature!

sleepingforest

-=-Novice Violinist-=-

yea its very expensive indeed but the detail of the figurines are just amazing! too tempting. I have to have at least one hahaha and later on leads to more and more lol!

Signature Image

SleepingForest.

natsuki-hime

natsuki-hime

"There's no place like alone"

lol i have sum of those pvc figures.. there priti damn cool i luv em luv em luv em xD!

Signature Image
A big ThankYou 2 k1ru 4 the sweet siggy here.

x-gear

x-gear

Running away...

i have some. and yes, they are expensive. i got like final fantasy figurines and some high school chicks.

What is it?

sleepingforest

-=-Novice Violinist-=-

so can someone recommend some good online sites that sells anime figurines?

Signature Image

SleepingForest.

Asigha

Asigha

Welcome To The Club

Oohh I used to collect the Gundam Wing figures, you know the ones that you have to glue together lolz they were so much fun even though sometimes I kinda clued to pieces to my finger but in the end it was still fun ^_^'

...i will rise again...
{~}In Trance We Trust{~}
Signature

i recommend hobby link japan (www.hlj.com), fast and easy and if you go for some early bird items, 20% off retail price :) the prices are in yen though, imported straight from japan.
some of them are expensive but they are worth it (i live in new zealand so shipping costs an arm and a leg on top of the actual item). usually the pvc ones are not as bad as say resin or diecast in terms of price. the trading figures are cheaper still but the quality is not as good obviously.
have fun collecting :)

merged: 04-02-2006 ~ 09:32am
i recommend hobby link japan (www.hlj.com), fast and easy and if you go for some early bird items, 20% off retail price :) the prices are in yen though, imported straight from japan.
some of them are expensive but they are worth it (i live in new zealand so shipping costs an arm and a leg on top of the actual item). usually the pvc ones are not as bad as say resin or diecast in terms of price. the trading figures are cheaper still but the quality is not as good obviously.
have fun collecting :)

lolx.. i oso like to collect anime figures.. yeah, they were reli veri expensive since they were direct import from japan..

i buy them at figure shops not online so..
haha.
but they're really expensive, unless you're talking about the vending machine ones.

lolx.. the vending machines ones are capsules figures which do not hav the detailed painting compared to a 1/60 anime figures.. but i tink both were nice as long as they are anime figures...

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

The only site I can recommend is www.jpqueen.com. You can find almost anything there. Its an expensive store (which store isnt expensive? :\), but you can find nice stuff there.

I dont collect (dont got money :\), but I have got a nice anime figure of Asuka from my friend as a gift (its small, but I like it ^^). Once I have bought Sachiel as a figure, and its quite big too I think o.o'

Signature Image

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I do I have not bought many but I do collect them the last one I got was the idoll figure of Lacus.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

I've posted in another forum like this before about the dangers of buying anime figurines. People it starts out cool, one here, one there. But it grows into an unquenchable beast that cannot be stopped. While they do look cool, think hard about it... how much do you honestly need the 1/6th scale... well anything? You don't... oh God you don't.

Take it from an addict. Oh how I've tried to quit the frivilous spending of money on these resin/pvc bundles of mental cocaine. But that freaking Lacus in her songstress dress is just so... cute... can't resist... HELP!

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

hikago

hikago

@_@ Waffles!!!

You could try http://www.hobbyfan.com for getting anime figures...
Figure collecting is a really expensive hobby though, especially if you plan to get PVC or die cast models that already come coloured (at least with resin you'd have to do the long ardous process of painting them, so you'd buy less XD).
I haven't decided whether or not I should get any, but I have my eyes on a few models ^^;;

SpottedCat

Sub-zero

I know what to recommend. Take your figurines outside, put some fireworks near them, then blow them to bits.

Your stupid.

I remember somethin like that before... Isn't that from Toy Story? LoL

You might want to try CD Japan. They will take pre-order for the latest release anime figurine and mail it to you from Japan.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/anime/collectibles/pre.html

I just started my collection but be careful in what you want to order because cost will skyrocket quickly if you're not careful.

yea,i'd love to collect too! some are really exquisite. super lovely. the details are really awesome and stuff. but my pocket doesnt fund me for such trivals. -.-

yeah i have a small collection too. My favorite figure for now is Jo 1/8 from bakuretsu tenshi by alter. if you want to see some galleries of my figures, this is my site

Signature

wraith11

wraith11

The Alfa Bloke

Yeah, I have a VERY small collection of the inexpensive types... mainly little mechs and stuff. Only got two actual figurines, and they go with the Lancia Stratos from eX-Driver. So far I've managed to hold off buying any more...
..."so far" being the operative part of that sentence ;)

As for buying - as a last resort... there's always eBay

Wraith 11

Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV - Heaven on a transaxel
http://wraith11.deviantart.com/

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

I havent got any yet but i will be getting an Urd and Skuld figurine sometime in the future

Urd one - http://www.animecollectibles.com/uploads/images/amg/urd-bs.jpg

Skuld one - http://www.animecollectibles.com/uploads/images/amg/skuld-bs.jpg

Sadly the shop where i'm getting them from dont have the bell one http://www.animecollectibles.com/uploads/images/amg/belldandy-bs.jpg

I want this Belldandy one as well, but dont know where to get it T__T

http://www.dannychoo.com/slide/eng/wonder_festival/1624/photo/Bell+Dandy/

Signature Image

Acyx

Ork Warlord

If you guys are into Anime figurines, I have for you the proverbial site of the gods for anime figurines and garage kit modeling.

http://www.e2046.com/whatsnew.php

Enjoy.

"And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu..."

You have to be very careful with e2046. While they're all recasts, they are usually high quality, and sometimes even better than original kits I have seen. They are cheap on shipping, and are very well packaged. However, they have just signed on a new workshop or two, and had MANY complaints about HUGE seamlines and the such. I've gotten a few kits from them since then and they are really well casted. I think they've ironed out the problems with their new workshops.
The part where you really need to be careful is their stock... If it says "In Stock", i'd say go for it, but it may take 2-4 weeks to get shipped out (they've fallen behind due to WHF2006).
The others, "New Arrival", "New Delivery", "Pre-Order", and "Backordered" all mean "Hey, if we get it in, we'll charge you then, and ship it out", but you may very well never get the item (they _probably_ wont charge you though)

I really can't say how good their pre-painted kits are, since I make them myself... Which is what I think this thread is aimed towards.

But if you have a few hundred dollars to spend on an airbrush/paint/other hobby supplies, then I'd say go for it! Its an awesome hobby.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.