Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you appreciate the works of Shakespeare? - Minitokyo

Do you appreciate the works of Shakespeare?

page 1 of 1 9 total items

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

In many ways William Shakespeare has affected literature and the media (movie spinnoffs) in countless ways. Aspiring others by setting the bar of poetry, literature and way of thinking higher. I think that in our lifetime we all will read at least one of his works (or even a qoute or two) in high school, college, etc. So all I ask of you is: A) appreciate his works or not
B) What works of Shakespeare have you read (even if its just a qoute)

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true."
- Robert Wilensky

glassheart

glassheart

Heine's love slave

Yes, I have read some of his works and I have to say that Romeo and Juliet is one of my favorites. :)

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

Quote by glassheartYes, I have read some of his works and I have to say that Romeo and Juliet is one of my favorites. :)

Nice, I read that last year and did a reinactment of it in my English class (and surprisingly enough the kissing parts were included) :D

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true."
- Robert Wilensky

Knives

Knives

Sleepy

i read hamlet in 6 gr last year it was pretty kool i guess..

His works I enjoy most in play/movie form...the way they were meant to be viewed. While studying them in depth in-school through merely reading may prove useful in some ways, it is an unbelievably boring process and hard to appreciate then.

Oh yeah, I've read/watched most of the famous ones...Hamlet, Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, Caesar, Merchant of Venice, etc...

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

Quote by dod13His works I enjoy most in play/movie form...the way they were meant to be viewed. While studying them in depth in-school through merely reading may prove useful in some ways, it is an unbelievably boring process and hard to appreciate then.
Oh yeah, I've read/watched most of the famous ones...Hamlet, Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, Caesar, Merchant of Venice, etc...

Yeah, studying Shakespear's works in school is pretty boring but then again, schools mostly require you to read his tragedies and not his comedys (which I heard were hilarious from my English teacher).

- Robert Wilensky

I loved Hamlet and the transformation of it - Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead. Both very enjoyable so get the DVDs!!!! It's got everything - Hamlet: tragedy, illusion vs. reality, death, comedy and some others that I can't really remember.

snarzz

snarzz

kawaii deschou ^^

well I have´nt read any of is books but i´ve heard stories of them and well...romeo and juliet seems to be the best one...so sad *sniff*

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

yes i love shakaspear

"I'll come back to you! I promise!"
"I know you will!"

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.