Trinity Blood and Trigun, a comparison

Tagged under Trinity Blood

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Cancel

Ok, so I've just started watching Trinity Blood and it's pretty good. However, I'm only on the 10th episode and it seems to be highly correlated with Trigun. Abel from Trinity Blood has crazy superpowers, is kind of goofy, refuses like to kill people, and cherishes life.

Ummm.... doesn't this sound exactly like Vash the Human Stampede from Trigun? I mean, Vash's eyes glow blue and Abel's glow red... but that's about as much difference as there is in their characters.

Also, Vash has his evil counterpart who took something precious from him long ago, and Abel has this evil character who took his special someone. And both of these counterparts have the exact same abilities as the protagonists. It's like the same freaking story.

I mean, I love trigun, and I like Trinity Blood too, but I was just wondering if anyone else had drawn these conclusions. I searched and couldn't find anything, but that just seems so unlikely to me. Thoughts?

• Apr 04, 2006
Cancel

I hadn't thought of it this way until I read your thoughts about it. When I read the title of the topic, I had thought why these two animes would be similar. The creators of Trinity Blood may have seen and been impressed by Trigun and the way of thinking that Vash has. And they may have put this into another scenery and made another good anime.
Or it's an accident that these animes are similar.
I don't know much about the details of how and why Trinity Blood was born, so I may be saying nothing but silly ideas. :D
But Trinity Blood is a great anime and without it the palette of animes would be paler. :)

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

Cancel

Yeah, I never considered the similarities between Trinity Blood and Trigun before either, but now that you've pointed that out, there are some similarities. There are also some similarties between Trinity Blood and Hellsing, but between them, I think TB kicks more butt (I'm saying this and I'm a die-hard Hellsing fan).

Creators think it's actually flattering to have another series spun off of theirs, directly or indirectly.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

Cancel

I've always though Trinity blood was like trigun but it also reminds me of Hellsing and Vampire hunter d. Either way trinity blood is still a good anime.

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

Cancel

I've never seen Trininty Blood, but I've seen Trigun WAY too many times (enough to start mouthing along with some of the dialogue. Scary. xD). I have heard of Father Abel Nightroad being similar in character to Vash the Stampede, The Humanoid Typhoon, and I hope to evaluate/enjoy both series in times to come. Thank you, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this. (The "Humanoid" bit in one of Vash's aliases is actually rather accurate, if you've seen the entire series; the general definition of the term means human-like. Yes, yet another comparison to Father Nightroad; he's rather "humanoid" himself!)

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

• Jun 02, 2006
Cancel

One statement for you, 'I love both just as much.'

You wouldn't betray me, right?

• Jun 03, 2006
Cancel

Yep, so I've finished Trinity Blood, and oh is it ever so sweet. Later on the in the series, its similarity to Trigun was still there, but it isn't so glaring that it smacked me in the face every two minutes. There are several reasons for this, but in general the plot came into its own and no longer resembled Trigun as much, though the main characters themselves were still very similar. It was just the beginning that me going. I will say that I enjoyed Trigun way more than Trinity Blood, but Trinity Blood was still a very good anime to watch.

• Jun 05, 2006
Cancel

Actually, Abel was similar to Knives in the beginning. He started out as a hateful person, tormenting the humans for the mere pleasure of watching them suffer. He was a tyrannous ruler, and it wasn't until Lilith started having talks with him that he began to settle down.

He and his siblings started the war on the Terrans after first returning to Mars, once again arousing his hateful nature - he shows this side a lot in the Red Mars era.

• Oct 23, 2006
Cancel

O yeah I noticed those points quickly. That doesn't bother me. They both have great action and a good plot in them. Unless I really think about it, Trinity blood doesn't remind me of Trigun. All of the Catholic Church Vs. Vampires seems to cloud out any thoughts of Trigun.

• Oct 23, 2006
Cancel

I noticed those similarities to but the character development for Abel goes in a different direction than Vash's. And that whole Abel is a pacifist....Remember he killed someone right in the first episode and has killed many in his past but is now trying to make up for it. I believe that Abel will kill if he has no choice. Vash on other hand will never, ever kill anybody no matter what. He has always been a innocent and has never hated humanity like Abel did
for humans since a young age.

Trinity Blood also reminds me of Hellsing(because of the whole Catholic religion fighting the Vampire and Abel's Krusnik form is similar to Alucard)

And Vampire Hunter D(For the whole post Armageddon world and the human and Vampire at war with each other.)

Cancel

There are a lot of characters that 'transform' other than Vash, right? What about Inuyasha or even Naruto? This concept is shared among a lot of anime, so why is it that when Abel transforms, it's considered just a rip-off of Vash? o___O

The anime doesn't go too deep into Abel's history or the characters around him, probably due to time restaints. However, the original novel and the slow manga adaption do, so make sure you check them out when you have the time. ^^

• Nov 11, 2006
Cancel

Lol! Abel and Vash are quite the same huh? hehe...Like people are probably saying, Since both Abel and Vash they both transform into something...evil...just to fight evil :( Tear

• Nov 18, 2006
Cancel

hmmm, well i would say that they are similar for certain, BUT each have their own try at originality. and i did notice it, but i was able to seperate the two quite easily because of the vampire thing.

• Mar 05, 2007
Cancel

I've heard this comparison before but had never really thought anything of it. Perhaps it was just a bunch of good ideas from other excellent anime coming into play to add another awesome anime for people to enjoy.

• Apr 02, 2007

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.