Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Comics made into Movies: yay or nay? - Minitokyo

Comics made into Movies: yay or nay?

Comic-movies? yay or nay?

Yay!
15 votes
Nay!
1 votes
MINI-MOOSE!
5 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 28 total items

Shortypants

Shortypants

I'm bad

Some movies are ok also it is a way movie makers make money from nerds that read the comics. ( I am not one of them)

I think it's great to have the comics made into movies, so long as the movie is good. So far, with movies like Batman, Spiderman, X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Punisher, they were pretty good. Hulk was a tad boring, but all the destruction that Hulk made were awesome. Daredevil and Elektra could've been better. And then there's the Ghost Rider movie coming up, that one should be good.

The only problem I see with turning comics into movies is that it's sometimes not that accurate. For example, Spiderman. He did not have webbing come out from his body. He chemically created that.

It depends. I can understand those peoples frustrations when characters are misrepresented or changed entirely (often to the point where they might as well not have bothered, and simply had the character be someone else!) But sometimes they have to be changed alot if certain characters origins involve many other licensed comic characters, that's when it gets complicated. Although I don't doubt the new Superman will be great (and from the same company as the new Batman, (?) so hopefully he'll get a mention in a newspaper cutting or something...) after hearing about how much was cut mostly plot and backstory, I have to worry and be pissed. I hear the stuff cut cost a fortune too, so you have to wonder what the hell they're thinking.

I'd say yay since I don't see the big upside to not making these movies. If the movie version is amazing, fans get to see the great action portrayed in the comic's still frames. And if it's horrible, best to just dismiss it as commercial junk. Either way fans will still have their comics to rely on.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 28 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.