Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 how should elite members' name look like? - Minitokyo

how should elite members' name look like?

are u with returning it to how they used to be?

with
4 votes
against
6 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

PAPTIMUS

PAPTIMUS

--)(the sinister genius)(--

well , first of all ,what i am going to say is my personal opinion ..
as the title says its about the elite members' name , we remember that their names used to be white ,but now it is changed to the italic form ..... so the purpose of this thread is to take ur opinions in this matter ,especially elite members... whos with returning the elite members name to how they used to be? (white color rather than italic)

first one (me)....

*the man from jupiter*

i am with!

Signature
Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

i find italics hard to read. (for example, an elite member called MadoshiKurefu, the first time I read her name I thought it was ModoreshiKurefw)
not that it matters, how about giving a bold text instead.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Colored usernames would be difficult to read if you are not using the default or other dark skin.

PAPTIMUS

PAPTIMUS

Quote by Tama-NekoColored usernames would be difficult to read if you are not using the default or other dark skin.

well if its white then there is no problem ,(i dont know if u know that) u see white isnt really a color and also black , :nya: , and even if u say it will be difficult to read if the person is not using the defult or a dark skin, it is still better than the italic form ,it will be more visible to other people... ;) ,right?

*the man from jupiter*

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

Quote by PAPTIMUS

Quote by Tama-NekoColored usernames would be difficult to read if you are not using the default or other dark skin.

well if its white then there is no problem ,(i dont know if u know that) u see white isnt really a color and also black , :nya: , and even if u say it will be difficult to read if the person is not using the defult or a dark skin, it is still better than the italic form ,it will be more visible to other people... ;) ,right?

LOL, I'm using a white skin at the moment (Sheqel's skin actually) so I would certainly have a LOT of trouble reading the names if they were white XD. I don't mind the italics much... at least they distinguish the elites, and yet, doesn't distinguish them too much, which is fine by me. Not that I don't want to notice you guys, I just think mods and admin are the ones we should notice first. Lol, speaking of the mods, now their names are green o_O (*wonders why* ^_^')... A bit hard on my eyes, but as long as it's not pink I'm not complaining either XP

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Quote by PAPTIMUS

That's not what I mean. Changing the color of the username to ANY color, whether white, black, grey, blue, orange, or polka-dotted pink and purple means that the text will only be visible on a certain number of skins. By leaving as the default color it will match whatever the skin's default text color is. (Unless of course the user makes a skin with a white background and yellow text, in which case I can't help you.)
Also, the point of colored usernames is to distinguish moderators because they are staff, not members. Elite members are still members, and thus our names do not have a color. This is the same way that restricted or banned members have a linethrough, but their username colors are not changed. They are still members, but of a slightly rank.

PAPTIMUS

PAPTIMUS

Quote by Tama-Neko

Quote by PAPTIMUSwell if its white then there is no problem ,(i dont know if u know that) u see white isnt really a color and also black , :nya: , and even if u say it will be difficult to read if the person is not using the defult or a dark skin, it is still better than the italic form ,it will be more visible to other people... ;) ,right?

That's not what I mean. Changing the color of the username to ANY color, whether white, black, grey, blue, orange, or polka-dotted pink and purple means that the text will only be visible on a certain number of skins. By leaving as the default color it will match whatever the skin's default text color is. (Unless of course the user makes a skin with a white background and yellow text, in which case I can't help you.)
Also, the point of colored usernames is to distinguish moderators because they are staff, not members. Elite members are still members, and thus our names do not have a color. This is the same way that restricted or banned members have a linethrough, but their username colors are not changed. They are still members, but of a slightly rank.

even if u say that ,i am still against the idea of italic form ,well for two reasons:
1.its hard to read,and also hard to find when u see whos online and whos not..
2.i think members should know their future mods better ;) .

*the man from jupiter*

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

I have no problems with reading the italicized form and would actually prefer that they stay as is (going with Tama-Neko's arguement)

Signature Image

hikago

hikago

@_@ Waffles!!!

Bolding the names might be nice too.

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Not all elite members are "future mods"
Take me, for example :D
I never, ever want to be a mod.

PAPTIMUS

PAPTIMUS

Yeah , i get that ,some elites dont want to become mods ,but if every one of them say that then i guess we wont have many yellow colored names by that time ... ^_^'

*the man from jupiter*

nolove

nolove

better forget me ...

eh? elite used to be in white? oh i didnt know that -___-, i'm just here about one or 2 before the MT3, so i didnt notice at all, but the italic is quite nice right? it's not a real prob, as Tama said, elites are also member, so their names dont have to be colorized ^o^, but that was great, i hope time's back to see elites in white lol
oh and what happen if s.o. use a yellow skin? so they wont see the mods ^O^, sounds kool

-: BE-DEATH-MEMORIES :-

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.