Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Rant against Noob KH AMV makers - Minitokyo

Rant against Noob KH AMV makers

page 1 of 1 8 total items

NewLondenion

NewLondenion

Chairman of Side 7

Okay, first off, I'm a little angry right now so if I make a mistake, don't crucify me for it. I'm just going to point out (at least with rock music) the process one has to take in order to make a good AMV by looking at the parts.

To start off with this ranting, the most important part of making an AMV is matching the contents of the AMV with the choice of music. Let's say you use a rock song; does it have a fast beat, slow? Is the tone sad? Excitable? You have to be able to match the content with the aspects and tone of the song. If its a sad song, then use content that invokes emotion. Don't just use the opening and ending sequences of the game for the AMV, especially the same parts over and over which brings me to my next part of this: repetition.

Using the same parts over and over multiple times drowns out whatever meaning the AMV is supposed to have especially if the way it is used is almost the same each time. Two or three times you can probably get away with if you use the same bit in three different ways (e.g. the second play more of the segment after the one you use by a few seconds).

Here's an advisory: when using fast-paced (or mildly fast-paced) rock music, don't expect to get away with large clips! Because of the faster pace, larger clips will bore the audience. Sometimes, you will have to use shorter clips that may only be used for a single measure in the music. If there are parts that feature the artists screaming their lungs out, use clips of something big happening on the screen. Also, whatever clips your using should somewhat match the movement generated by the music. If there's fighting, it shouldn't be durin a slower or more mellow part of the song. You have to be able to match changes in the music with actions on the screen.

At the end of most of these songs are a run up to the big finale. You can accomplish the mood of the impending finale by using almost all short clips. These should be parts of action sequences to keep the audience energized to the very end.

If people could manage to put in the work to make an awesome AMV (at least for KH) I wouldn't have to make this rant. But someone has to do it.

Goodnight, and goodluck.

I skimmed what you read, and you seem to know what your talking about, basically matching the music to the clip.

What seems to happen alot these days is they grab a cool looking clip, get a song they like and replace the clip's audio with the song and call it an AMV, and it really doesn't work that way.

AMVs should kinda be like alternate music clips, rather than videos with alternate music, if that makes any sense.

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

This might seem like a dumb question... but what is KH?

Oh and yeah I agree with what you said about matching the music to the clips. To be honest, I find a lot of AMV's boring because usually it's a rock-tune (Linkin Park 90% of the time -_-;) paired with some Naruto-esque action scenes. IMHO the best AMV's are comedic and extremely well timed. The best ones I've seen take simple ideas like the opening sequence for Cowboy Bebop and rehash it with Neon Genesis instead. Extremely creative and original.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

NewLondenion

NewLondenion

Chairman of Side 7

KH is "Kingdom Hearts." Don't worry, I won't blast you for that. Its true, its usually a rock song that's used in those AMVs cause you can't exactly use rap or hip-hop (since they can't really generate the right tone due to their structure). The best one I've seen of KH and rock music is one on YouTube called "Broken Promise." That one uses Linkin Park's "Runaway" from their album Hybrid Theory and the maker really did an awesome job on this AMV.

The way I see it, rock music generates a mood of unpredictability, action, and chaos whereas rap and hip-hop generate more of a mood of providence, prosperity, and order. That's why rock music is used way more often than other types of popular music.

^^^
You mean you can't use Rap and Hip-hop unless your are 4Kids.

Maybe we should save this thread and email it to them, see it they get the point.

NewLondenion

NewLondenion

Chairman of Side 7

Since I got complimented for my knowledge of this kind of stuff (thank you TSPhoenix) there's no way I'm not going to at least copy the text of this thread.

I only hope more people join in.

megaman917

megaman917

The Gentleman

Quote by NewLondenionKH is "Kingdom Hearts." Don't worry, I won't blast you for that. Its true, its usually a rock song that's used in those AMVs cause you can't exactly use rap or hip-hop (since they can't really generate the right tone due to their structure). The best one I've seen of KH and rock music is one on YouTube called "Broken Promise." That one uses Linkin Park's "Runaway" from their album Hybrid Theory and the maker really did an awesome job on this AMV.

The way I see it, rock music generates a mood of unpredictability, action, and chaos whereas rap and hip-hop generate more of a mood of providence, prosperity, and order. That's why rock music is used way more often than other types of popular music.

Let's get one thing straight, Rap's and Hip-Hop's usability and the rate at which they are used are two completely different things. It has been proven over and over again that Rap and Hip-Hop can be used in the making of good (and bad) AMVs like all other genres of music. The only reason why Rap and Hip-Hop aren't used as much is based on the editor's general preference in music. The majority of AMV creators do not listen much (or any) Rap or Hip-Hop.

"If you're not cheating, you're not trying!" - R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero (1967 - 2005)

Ive seen way too many KH AMV's that are just the opening video and the deep dive/another side trailor another story alone. And i definately agree, its really annoying to have downloaded an AMV only to fine out its the same thing you have seen 119283 times already! Let alone its jsut the same clips over and over again in the AMV itself. Good Rant =D

Signature

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to OSTs & AMVs | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.