Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How do I relieve a migraine aside from pain killers? - Minitokyo

How do I relieve a migraine aside from pain killers?

page 1 of 1 18 total items

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

I've got this gnarly migrane, it makes me tear up from the pain. I've had it since yesterday, woke up early at 5am, couldn't get back to sleep. All that really worked was focusing my energy upwards or being in awkward positions applying pressure. I don't want to take anything like pills, just some natural ways to relieve this pain.

I was sick last week, my right ear clogged afterwards, now the headache started after the cold almost went away. I feel just miserable, like death itself won't help... lol, no, I'm not suicidal, just it hurts severely as I type. Any ideas?

-repeat-

its most likely cause by your ethmoid cavities being congested.. maybe you should try breathing in to a hot cup of tea, or putting a heatpack on the back of your neck, right behind your ear lobes.. umm.. yea. keep the lights dimmed so it wont irritate ur migrane anymore.. thats bout all the advice i can give u

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

Are the migranes focused, like in one area? Can you set your watch by the time it attacks? My migraines will get so bad that it feels like one side of my face had just shut down. At times, I can set my watch to my attacks.

One way is to rub the area that its hurting. Use firm steady pressure while rubbing it. Warning: get someone else to do it! If you do it yourself, you'll fall asleep and it will come back! Once gone, may feel it lingering somewhere in your head. Mines starts and lingers just behind my right eye.

The second way is the military way: Drink water. Period. Believe it or not, most headaches and migranes starts from dehydration. If you drink adaquate amounts of water (until your urination is frequent and clear) and your headache goes away, that would be your problem. However if it doesn't, then you are like me; in trouble.

The best advise to give you is to take one or two asprin when you feel it starting! Trust me, it will go away. For a little while........

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

Shinsengumi89

Shinsengumi89

The Watcher of Movies

Well one way that is proven to lessen pain is to go into a room with less light because light affects the migrane( don't ask me how) . Sound, don't go into loud areas try to be in rooms that are not noisy. Don't read anything that just makes you focus on words and will hurt you more last get a long relaxing hot bath all of those combinedd should help butt pain killers once in a while don't hurt.

http://mt-environmentalists.minitokyo.net/ -Protect the Environment
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ - Philosophy is disscused here.
http://true-colors.minitokyo.net/ - Human Rights Group
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ - We help bridge the gaps between the different sexual orientations.

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

See a doctor first. I also get migraines (unfortunately, it's genetic, and I got the gene from both parents), and your normal store-bought painkillers don't work. Even Exedrin ( sp? ) doesn't work. Tell your doctor about this headache, and you may have to go for an MRI or a CT-scan.

Natural methods: close the blinds/curtains, don't drink ANYTHING with caffeine -- coffee, soda, tea -- turn off the TV or stereo and go to sleep. Sitting in front of the computer only makes it worse.

Your headache sounds more like a sinus or a tension headache, especially if you've been sick and you've been working very hard. I get both of those kinds of headaches, and sometimes they feel like migraines if they're left untreated.

Medicine is the best way to go, but see a doctor first. Ask about different medicines, and if you end up with a perscription, obey the instructions to the letter. The medicine I take, Midrin, is potent stuff, and I'm supposed to take 2 of the giant horse tablets (they're that big, I swear) when I feel a migraine coming on, and every 4 hours afterward I take one, but I cannot have more than 6 in a period of 24 hours. If the migraine isn't gone by then I sleep it off. It works, at least.

Here are some questions:

Does it feel like someone is squeezing your head with a vice?
Are you sensitive to light, sounds and smells?
Do you feel nauseated?
Does it feel like it takes everything out of you when you move?
Does it hurt to move?

Good luck, and I hope your headache goes away.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

Quote by Shinsengumi89Well one way that is proven to lessen pain is to go into a room with less light because light affects the migrane( don't ask me how) . Sound, don't go into loud areas try to be in rooms that are not noisy. Don't read anything that just makes you focus on words and will hurt you more last get a long relaxing hot bath all of those combinedd should help butt pain killers once in a while don't hurt.

Yeah, you have the same thing I have; problem is, you are gonna get pills. Or a shot in the ass, your pick. The shot in the butt (if they elect to and you agree) will knock you out! When you wake up it will be gone, guaranteed! But I don't think you want a needle every time you get a headache. I sure didn't. Gosh the brightness is brutal to the eyes! What some doctors call this is tension headaches. You could be stressed on a certain issue or your body is stressing out and you are not aware of it. I know where mines come from (my lower back), unfortunately, it like to drop in unannounced! That's is why I don't believe they are tension headaches, but your physician can find out.

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

For me I need to have soft pressure (lying on my pillow), coldness (my window open and fan turned on me), and darkness. Now I know this won't work for everyone in fact I know it only works on me but here is something else you can do. Dampen a washcloth and warm it up in the microwave and place the cloth on your eyes...heat opens the constricted capillaries in your head thus relieving pressure. It also helps to be alone, in the dark and warm place...unless you're me. I have also found that if you don't pop pills every time you have a little pain and allow your body to use it's own natural pain killers then you won't have migraines or as bad of ones as someone who needs medicine whenever they stub their toe...well thatâ?s my advice...if it works then you're welcome love. ;)

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

well if you wear glasses take them off.
stub your toe.
ride a bicycle for a extended trip or jog.
eat some nice food.
drink alot of water or more water.

Signature

Migraines are caused by a chemical imbalance in your brain (aren't most things?), so it might be caused by some stress built up by working to the extremes of your mental state.

So my solution, avoid loud noises (aka rush hours traffic, loud music, bitchy people, etc,etc.) & find a good place where you can sit and perhaps meditate. And try and let everything go.

Though if that doesn't work, you could just try the punching bag method again. Though, I am unsure as to its effectiveness in this situation, you can try if all else fails.

Lol, actually for me silence and stuff actually just makes things worse. If it's all darkness and silence do you have nothing to distract you from the pain, rather you would concentrate on what you can notice -- which is of course the migraine.

Soft soothing music would help, or maybe just play a good game, watch a good anime etc...to get your mind off of your head-ache.

Signature

xange

xange

~white bunny~

this might be spam, but franckly, i don't know how to stop a migrane without pills...is like asking me how do I get energy, for a wasted body...that's how i've been feeling lately...wasted, no time to sleep well and most of the time working...(btw, in my case i drink rizoom a healthy supplement for the metabolism).

she'll **** you just for the taste

Signature

bobobob

bobobob

wandering

from what i ive herd it can be: sleep, a head massage, tea, and spicy foods/hot foods.

j0n0

j0n0

Increadibly Cute

No pills, no problem. Just locate the focus area of pain, take a drill, aim, and let the pain have it. I know this will give you more pain in the beginning, but in a short time, you will feel absolutely nothing. It's heaven, or at least what the Hindu's believe heaven would be like (aka Nirvana). LOL

An eye for an eye brings justice, but it is compassion that changes a man.

Another point of view doesn't necessarily make yours more or less right.

PAche

PAche

hoarder

drink something warm and maybe sleep, if you can.

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

snarzz

snarzz

kawaii deschou ^^

I just made a paper on migrane so ill just say some things you should do.
You could take a headmassage, shower in hot and strong water, drink something with caffeine. Or you could go to a doctor, let them ecamine you to see if you got migrane and let them prescribe you some pills that will really make you feel no pain.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Ermac

Ermac

Raider

You can always sleep...

For love....nah....just ecchi.

warriormars

warriormars

Flame Sniper

chamomile tea or anything lavander smelling. and lay down in a dark room with complete silence, if possible

In the morning, laughing happy fish heads, in the evening, floating in the soup.

leosama84

leosama84

::Peace Maker::

i dunno if this is sorta...late! u prolly don't have ur migrane anymore!
BUT, i'll say a few things...just in case u have it again! ^_^ lets not think negative!

well first of all, if u smoke...u kinda....have to let go of that..even though it isn't possible...but at least during the "migrane" time, u should. while ur at it, HOT soup will do the trick. Chicken soup, vegies soup...etc. u know what i mean! HOT tea like warriormars-san suggested, being in a quiet room will definetely help you. ohh, and one more thing "THE COMPUTER SCREEN"! stay away from it for a while!

^_^ sorry if its too constructive...wish u the best sempai! ;)
sore-ja!
==================
Leo

merged: 04-12-2006 ~ 03:29am
let me add one more thing...
a headache most likely happens when you're hungry :)...
thanx

Signature
-----My Latest Wallpaper: "Inner Power, Unleashed!!"-----
------------"Subtlety Is Not A Virtue!"------------

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.