Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Should marijuana be legalize for medical purposes? - Minitokyo

Should marijuana be legalize for medical purposes?

page 1 of 1 18 total items

midnightLOVERS

midnightLOVERS

.:THE QUEEN OF HEARTS:.

Marijuana is illegal in because government prosecutors and politician say that marijuana is "hazordous" to ones health. Becuase that marijuana can cause sleep anxiety, paranoia, headaches, reduced blood flow to the brain, and breathing problem. Marijuana can also cause bronchitis and asthma.

But hear this. Marijuana has a healing power as well. Its a drug that muscle pains, relieves tremors, and controls the bladder for Multiple Sclerosis patients . A drug that prevents seizures in Epilepsy patients. A drug that reduces pressure within the eye for Glaucoma which can cause blindness. A drug that eases severe nausea, vomiting, and counters the appetite loses for AIDS patient.

Beside if a doctor prescribes medical marijuana then it would be in a controlled enviroment with very little given a day so the person cant use it when they want to. Also medical marijuana would be safer then street marijuana because medical marijuana would be obtained from places where marijuana would be grown pure and for medical uses therefore it wounldn't be laced with unknown narcotic like street marijuana is. This is also part of the reason why marijuana is consider so "hazordous" its tainted with other dangerious drugs.

So personally I would want marijuana to be legalized for medical purposes. Because when it comes to the health care world i would trust a physician with 11 years of medical training and internship over Know-Nothing politicians and Want-To-Be government prosecutors who think they know about medicine when their area of major is government instead of biology or chemisrty or health science like a phyisican's major would be.

Avatar, signature, and userpage skin all thanks to k1ru
Signature Image
soon love soon

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

Yeah I agree that it should be used as medicine. I think the underlying fear society has is that if it can be medice then why not also use it daily even if you're not sick? Why not think of it as a preventive medicine? I think that's why most people are against it.

Shinsengumi89

Shinsengumi89

The Watcher of Movies

The answer is obvious yes!

http://mt-environmentalists.minitokyo.net/ -Protect the Environment
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ - Philosophy is disscused here.
http://true-colors.minitokyo.net/ - Human Rights Group
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ - We help bridge the gaps between the different sexual orientations.

It should be legalized period. It's less addictive than caffeine and less imparing then alcohol. It's no more hazerdous to your health than cigerettes. Marijuana is only illegal because most people are ignorant and politicians are politicans. By having it illegal it just puts money in the hands of criminals for no real reason, just like prohibition.

It's legal in the Netherlands. The average IQ in the Netherlands is quite a bit higher than the US (if I remember correctly). Coincidence?

Bumble-Bee

Bumble-Bee

I'm cute, aren't I?

Why not? As long as they use it in small, controlled dosage, it won't make you addicted, right? If you use it 5 grams a day, then IT'S ANOTHER PROBLEM...

Honestly, in a society where the government profits highly from the cigarette companies who kill both smokers and second hand smokers handfuls at a time per month concerned about people's health? The problem is the idiots that are doing the stuff then running around like bloody idiots and disturbing the peace, to people who do it as a recreational drug like crazy (not the people who do it now and then, not the people who can control what they do, I'm talking about the full blown pot freaks). Howver, when it's being used on a very sick old lady, I can't imagine grandma running around high out of her mind in her granny panties, so I don't think it's a problem.

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

Quote by Shinsengumi89The answer is obvious yes!

As my friend said, yes.

When Darkness Falls, All is quiet in the Mist of the Night.

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

Yes, but only for medical cases. Total legalization would be a problem, just like cigarettes are a problem today.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ ---> for science vs religion discussion
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ ---> for tolerant people

um ppl.... i thought marijuana IS legal when you have only a small amount (forgot how much) and you have a note that proves you are using it for medical purposes

besides, if marijuana is completely legalized, then it will become worthless (yet the tax involved is going to get the government rich)
i m not saying that would be a good thing, though, from an economical point of view, it is..:sweat:

etoo

etoo

sanity runs away from me

no, it shouldn't. the small amount of good efects it has is overweight by the amount of dammage. and taking it to heal some affections would cause other ones, even in a controlled environement.

No, but a drug based on marijuana yes.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

it should be legalized for every one

midnightLOVERS

midnightLOVERS

.:THE QUEEN OF HEARTS:.

i think that is just dangerious and would need up a B I G problem

Avatar, signature, and userpage skin all thanks to k1ru
Signature Image
soon love soon

Carmen

Carmen

Alaba a Dios

I think that the drugs need to be legalized. But not only for health care. When the alcohol was ilegal in the past century, all the people that sell alcohol illegally became rich. Is the same today, all the people who sell drugs became rich, and because the drugs production is no controled, the products are more dangerous than the products made for health care. I think that if the drugs are something legal, then the people that sell them (the "narcos") will need another source of illegal income.

But of course, the drugs bein legal is not good for the people. The tobaco is a legal drug, and all the smokers today know that is dangerous for their health, but they still use it. And that is because the drugs are addictive. You can't trust that knowing that something is dangerous will stop people from wanting to use it. Today, even knowing that the drugs are dangerous, expensive and ILLEGAL don't stop people from using them.

But I think that the people that really need them should recive them, not the people that only is an addict. But the addicts are the bigger market... :(

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

Probably yes. In some ways which it's use could be actually measured.
However, NEVER as a medicine you can get in every drug store.

But remember, medical purposes.
Let's not leave the actual purpose. Otherwise, we'll be carrying with a bunch of mindless and dangerous retards.

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

CloudyHeaven

CloudyHeaven

Strenght of the Chidori

yes .... just some the weed .... ^^

the grass the jonko ... the pito whatever you like too call it
but its not that bad as people think
...Drinking alcohol is WORST... altho alcohol isnt forbidden ...
alcohol kills braincells ... weed just paralyzes them .....
i don't know why people argue about it so much let people ruin their lives (if you think thats what they do ) and let them feel good in their way .... their way of feelin good is making weed forbidden ... and thats equal as making people sad and sick ......

just let evryting float like its supposed too :P

merged: 07-26-2006 ~ 02:31am
AND IM DUTCH :P

May The Sky's Be Bright on the Times we need too see The StarsWings-Lovers

Maybe you should have asked "Why hasn't marijuana been legalized for medical use yet," if you get my point.

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.