Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Apathy toward Politics - Minitokyo

Apathy toward Politics

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Bumble-Bee

Bumble-Bee

I'm cute, aren't I?

Guys, do you really care about your country's political condition? I mean, do you always keep up with latest information about controversial issues of some draft act (like what's happening in France), often listening to political debate in TV, or participate in street protests against stipid policies?
Or are you a type that will say: "Ah, like I care!"
Do you think you are a good citizen after all? For this case, a good citizen means: a citizen that always care about his country, want his country to walk into right path, and thus always spitting critics if the govt are doing wrong things.

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

There is definetly apathy especially in regards to politics. A few days ago I was talking to somebody in my shop about the political spectrum in the US right now and which way it is starting to sway and things like that. There were a few others in the room listening and when asked what they thought, they replied "oh I don't keep up with politics." This struck me as kind of funny espcially now. When I worked in fast food with a bunch of teenagers I understood it, but now I'm listening to people in the military. I kindly remind them that these people we are talking about choose when, where and with whom we go to WAR with! That seems like a damn good reason to keep up with politics. To top it off, so few of them voted at all.

I honestly don't care if everybody doesn't know the up to date news with Jack Abramoff, that's only for those who find themselves interested in that. But to not vote and to not care about the people that can determine a big part of our lives, is another. I guess until a decision that somebody makes up high affects you, it's easy to just stay in the dark.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

reason for this apathy is that people dont believe in what politicians say. When in a 2 party system neither party can "move" the voters they inevitably start not careing.

Just a side note. In australia(and a few other countries round the world) voting is compulsory, so for people to vote and not care seems really stupid.

be pessimistic so that youll never be disapointed and will live a happy life.

Nighteyes

Nighteyes

Lodbrok

I don't really care about politics. The main reason is that I detest politicians. They are the worst kind of liars. They always promise things from which they keep 20 to 30% and that's only when the next elections are getting near. In the meanwhile, they do what they can to drink the people's blood..

Here in Greece, they organized the Olympics just to make Greece a bit more famous.....and the funny thing is that the majority of the Greeks were happy about it......
No one saw what expenses would this bring. And now the VAT has increased and the govt keeps finding more ways to take our money.
The only good thing that came out of this was that the made the subway in Athens and fixed some roads..but....did they have to wait for the f****n' Olympics to make such things?

Quote: In australia(and a few other countries round the world) voting is compulsory, so for people to vote and not care seems really stupid.

As is the case here, but you can always make them cancel your vote :P

The sharper the knife the easier it is to dull.
The more wealth you possess the harder it is to protect.
Pride brings it's own trouble.
~Lao Tzu

Quote by pepeoJust a side note. In australia(and a few other countries round the world) voting is compulsory, so for people to vote and not care seems really stupid.

We're apathetic people in Australia by nature, and compulsory voting simply means there is a large number of donkey votes to discount during the counting. Just because you make people vote doesn't mean they're going to suddenly feel an urge to remain up to date with the polotical arena.

Personally, I vote for the least popular parties first, because I know there's no chance they'll get elected. Anyway, last year I believed that the Fishing and Firearms party needed some support as our countries under-dogs.

Acyx

Ork Warlord

When your ruling class refuses to be held accountable for it's actions, and when your legitimate questions and concerns go mostly unanswered by the self-centered politicians (as was the case in an East Cleveland (Ohio) U.S. Government class, who sent honest concerns and questions to the office of the Presidency, and got back one horrendously irrelevant letter which dealt with absolutely none of what they asked; Instead it spoke of how much George W. and Family love living in the white house, about what his dogs had done that week, etc.), it's hard not to be apathetic.

With a response like those high-school kids from Cleveland got back from the so-called leader of the free world, I'm quite loathe, yet adamant to admit that my government as it stands does not represent me, does not care about me, and does not at any time wish to deviate from it's course of actions (or as long as this current bunch lasts) to hear my concerns or complaints. Money is the bottom line, and much like Czarist Russia before it's collapse in 1917, the current ruling body of the U.S. is corrupt and rotten to the core. I'm sure there are those who do honestly care about the people and their plight, although they are squelched by those who do not and the numerous corporate interests they instead cater to.

-Le sigh.-

This politicians creating their own collective reality schtick is getting quite old, though it has lost none of it's volatility. One of the prime signs of an empire in a state of decline, when it's ruling class no longer accepts accountability for it's actions, or refuses to acknowledge or address the concerns of the people. So, unless somehow corrected (probably involving the systematic destruction of corporate lobbying or a comprehensive re-balancing of the system), we'll simply all fall down whilst our aloof ruling class sits somewhere on cloud nine, unreachable to anything, except for a well-placed array of gunshots or knife-slashes from when a revolution finally storms and breaks down the doors the Capitol building or the White House.

Give it time and a little more inaction, you'll see what I mean.

-Acyx

"And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu..."

lyn02

lyn02

yoru!

I'm one of those "ah, who cares" people. I find that politics has a way of making me hate things, so I don't care too much. As long as I'm able to survive, I'll be good. :D

+ In a white room, where blood was like rose petals and Death had two faces +
Signature

ACDCrocks711

RLH IV

people should actually care for their country because if they didint they would eventually turn out like the U.S.S.R....... DEAD AND GONE.

(>')> <('<)
the dancing kirbys shall own you

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.