Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How can i improve this wallpaper? - Minitokyo

How can i improve this wallpaper?

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Tias

Tias

Slither slither on the ground

Well i saw some neat brushes on AP and asked the person where she got it from, and she told me, so i also got it, and then i tried experimenting with it abit, i did it on a picture of Kotarou from Negima, i colourd him from the manga, and then tried some stuff out

Here is his orginal state

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9421/msn041145om.th.jpg

and then i colourd him, and made a wallpaper which needs to be improven

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7007/msn04114copy8cg.th.jpg

yup, i colourd it, the colour on Kotarou can not be 100% right, since he dosnt come in the Anime, but his shirt and jeans or what it is is the right colour sice you see him on a cover i nthe Manga with colours, his beast skin and hair is just made up colour, and his eyes are white(or are they normally black?)

i tried using some brushes and get same ideas from other wallpapers, and ended up with that, and as much as i know all of my works always needs improvment, so what do you gus think would make this wallpaper better?

It is time for you to drown

Hmm..you're coloring is really good but the wallpaper can use some improvement!
The background is too simple..and the brushes do not look good sticking out from corners as if they have no base..
solution - try changing the bg color from red to blue..make use of textures or stock images and give it a more realistic look which also matches the character.
here's a great place where u can get great images - http://terrastock.deviantart.com/ (but don't forget to read their rules of usage)
You can even use textures to make the wallpaper look cooler..if u are using the adobe photoshop then try using a little more effects!
i think that will do..be sure to send me a link to your wallpaper after it's finished. If u need any help i'll be really to help u! See u around!

[url =http://groups.minitokyo.net/japaneselover/]#JapaneseLover# [/url]

Tias

Tias

well the wallpaper does look ''simpel'' and is so, but there are many wallpapers that look simpel yet they are amazing, and thats what i was trying to do, what i can do to make the wallpaper maybe better is that as you said, use a texture, i can put it under the gray thing kotarou is standing on

maybe change abit on the brushes(i personaliy like them)
i atleast want to try to make mine come in the HQ gallery, my biggest wish of course to tryto get one highlighted one day(because iw ant to proof there is somthing i'm good in)

but anyway, it took me alot of time vectoring/colouring kotarou, so if the wallpaper is to simpel then be it, most of thw work was on him anyway

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

Kudos for the vector and color, but the bg doesn't feel quite right. It looks like you wanted a wall of the chara and a tech bg, but the chara and bg doen't quite fit. There are a lot of arrow brushes, but the wall doesn't have direction.

The chara looks so in your face, so why not try to build on that? Maybe try a design centered on the chara, like this recently highlighted piece: Abstract Listening. For instance, instead of one path that the chara's standing on, start with a radial design, something like the old imperial Japanese flag. Of course, this effect can be overwhelming, so use in moderation. :)

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

Tias

Tias

Quote by bluSakeKudos for the vector and color, but the bg doesn't feel quite right. It looks like you wanted a wall of the chara and a tech bg, but the chara and bg doen't quite fit. There are a lot of arrow brushes, but the wall doesn't have direction.

The chara looks so in your face, so why not try to build on that? Maybe try a design centered on the chara, like this recently highlighted piece: Abstract Listening. For instance, instead of one path that the chara's standing on, start with a radial design, something like the old imperial Japanese flag. Of course, this effect can be overwhelming, so use in moderation. :)

well i know that one, infact thats the person i asked in AP if she would send me the brushes she used, i could try making somthing concentrate on kotaroy more instead, but i dont know what kind of BG is should be then, since kotarou is more 2D/3D like he would also have somthing to stand on, and what kind of brushes would you suggest i would use then?

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

What brushes you use depends on you :) I have to say though that using only 1 genre of brush (ie: tech and tech only) is a bit limiting. Mixing up grunge, vector, splatter, etc. can give a lot more depth more easily.

Also, I didn't comment on your text last time. The cursive font looks a bit off with all the vectors. I'd sulggest something less curly.

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

Tias

Tias

Ok, but i think i will mostl likly cancel this wallpaper(wait with making anything on it for some time)

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.