Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 FMA...some unanswered creations and questions - Minitokyo

FMA...some unanswered creations and questions

Tagged under Fullmetal Alchemist

page 1 of 1 8 total items

FMA has ended and after crying so hard that I almost threw up I started wondering why some things were. Like they didn't explain who and why Gluttony, Greed, and Pride were created. I was also wondering why Ed finding out that Envy was the homunculus that his dad created to replace Daunte and his dead son actually gave him...pause. If it would have been me I really wouldn't have cared at all but what real significance does it hold? It is all explained in the movie that we probably won't ever get away? It's all so confusion and I'm left to wonder if FMA--for us :\ will turn into another FLCL where the answers will never come. Now I understand FLCL completely but FMA there are just to many questions. If all of you my loves happen to know the answer and oh I don't care about spoilers then do share please. Thanks in advance. :)

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

i dont think the origins of gluttony, greed and pride are all that important, the others were relevent to the story line so that the only reason we found out about them.
as for the movie, ive seen it, and i was utterly disappointed, although the subs were awfull so im going to watch it again...

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

Life is but a dream, and sometimes dreams require no explanations.

-repeat-

Greed-the former lover of Dante
Gluttony-doesn't matter,probably another of Dante's lovers
Pride-she created him herself, to control the military

Ed paused because Envy could be considered his brother.

Well, in the manga, the origins of the homunculi are totally different, so I guess when it came to anime, Lust was a needed character to know origins as was Wrath, Sloth and Envy... even though Envy not as much.

I agree with jasaiyajin that not everything needs to be explained... I mean having it not explained doesn't take THAT much away from the story... sometimes in life you are left not knowing.

Haha the end itself to me was soo utterly random, but still good it has grown on me.

The movie doesn't focus around the Homunculi or Dante anymore... mainly cause Dante is dead... or very much implied to be, but there are appearances from numerous characters ;) The movie is more centered around where Edo is now and what Al is up to... haha vague as that it.

As for Ed pausing... I think prehaps it was a shock to Ed... that his father would do such a thing? That his mother and now his brother are homuncli... ahah poor Ed, his Dad is 'immortal', his mum and elder brother are monsters and his younger brother is a walking suit of armor, interesting family happening X-P

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving up something in return.

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

Quote by JenosydesWhisperMatrixFMA has ended and after crying so hard that I almost threw up I started wondering why some things were. Like they didn't explain who and why Gluttony, Greed, and Pride were created. I was also wondering why Ed finding out that Envy was the homunculus that his dad created to replace Daunte and his dead son actually gave him...pause. If it would have been me I really wouldn't have cared at all but what real significance does it hold? It is all explained in the movie that we probably won't ever get away? It's all so confusion and I'm left to wonder if FMA--for us :\ will turn into another FLCL where the answers will never come. Now I understand FLCL completely but FMA there are just to many questions. If all of you my loves happen to know the answer and oh I don't care about spoilers then do share please. Thanks in advance. :)

You should search existing threads before creating new ones, there is a thread already in great depth discussing any issues about FMA here Does anyone understand FMA?

As for your questions, Greed and Pride were created by Dante for whatever reasons we don't know, possibly even Gluttony. We don't know much about their respective backgrounds because it does not pertain to the story. I'm not exactly sure what your question was about Envy...Envy was created by Hohenheim when he tried to bring his FIRST dead son back to life. Ed was very shocked to find out the relationship between Envy and his father, who wouldn't be. He found out he had another brother and stopped to think about his actions. If you live stateside, the movie is coming out in October on the same day the final volume of the anime comes out on. I really didn't find FMA that confusing, if you watch it all from start to end, it's pretty well explained.

Read the post's in the threads I linked too, it like I said describes pretty much any question you could ever have about FMA.

Oh come on so none of you aren't even a little curious? It sounds like to me that the whole seven deadly sins homunculus things happened before like before Daunte and Hoinhime's (sp?) little foible back in the day and why would all of them only obey Daunte and not someone else...it's all so weird and I know she promised them that she would make them into humans but...if it were me I would draw the line some place until I was sure she would live up to her promises. But then that is just me. :(

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

Both Greed and Pride are homunculus created by Dante...Pride is her loyal servet,...made to be a sleeper, and to be the furor...he is also her best made Homunculus...He even has the ability to age like a human would....Greed was to serve as a body guard I suppose...but he stayed true to his sin and left her cause he wanted it all for himself

merged: 04-23-2006 ~ 02:37pm

Quote by JenosydesWhisperMatrixOh come on so none of you aren't even a little curious? It sounds like to me that the whole seven deadly sins homunculus things happened before like before Daunte and Hoinhime's (sp?) little foible back in the day and why would all of them only obey Daunte and not someone else...it's all so weird and I know she promised them that she would make them into humans but...if it were me I would draw the line some place until I was sure she would live up to her promises. But then that is just me. :(

If you remeber correctly they all had reasons for there actions... alow me to elaborate

1. Pride obeyed because Dante created him...he could care less for being human, he simply surves his master...or mother as it would be....a little boy who would die for his mommy, but doesn't give a rip about anyone or anything else.

2. Envy-Only wants to be human, to kill cause it's fun, and to seek revenge on hoenheim...it has no morals so for it there is no line...it doesn't even care if Dante lets it become human.

3. Gluttony-Loves to eat...and loves Lust. Cares about nothing else, and only listens to Dante cause, she scares him... When lust dies...he is a broken man..or broken homunuculus and does nothing but cry out for lust...

4.Greed-He just want's everything for himself...and never followed orders because..he wants to live for ever and have it all; fame, fortune, enternal life, etc.

5.Wrath-He wants his mommy, but refuses to belive that Izumy is her...Wants revenge on Izumy for creating him, and on Edward for..god knows what...most likly because he did have a mom once. He did as he pleased...but was a puppet what he was manipulated so that he would do as Dante told him to do...when he stopped being controlled Dante got ride of him

6. Lust-Wants power so much it hurts...but she isn't stupid and after seeing Greed get locked away, knows that Dante won't let her go with out a fight. She only follows orders in fear of being destroyed but waits to strike back at the first chance she gets.

7. Sloth-Other than wanting to be human and killing the elrics to prove she isn't there mother she has no other real porpose in life. So she simply follows those two...and listens to Dante...she hates living as a homunculus (Which is why she hates Ed for making her) and doesn't care if she becomes human...If she can't, than she would prefer to die

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.