Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Coolest Phrase/Word/Proverb in Your Languages? - Minitokyo

Coolest Phrase/Word/Proverb in Your Languages?

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Bumble-Bee

Bumble-Bee

I'm cute, aren't I?

Well, the title tells already... Do you have any favourite word, phrase, or proverb in your own languages? What do they mean? As for me, it's still: "Bersatu kita teguh, bercerai kita runtuh" Meaning is the same as: "United we stand, divided we fall". I like it, it has a good rhyme, and yet very meaningful and patriotic.

(Wow, it's my sixth thread today! I don't know what to do in home, so I decided to spend the whole day in MT :))

"I can be you anytime I want but you can never be like me!" that's one....a friend of mine taught me that. 'Bout fav word, definitely "providence" and "eminence"...those two words....

well in farsi there is a phrase "Boro Gomsho" which roughly means united in justice

trust me its cooler in farsi

For me, i'll settle with:
"Alang-alang seluk perkasam, biar sampai ke pangkal lengan"
It's in Malay, which loosely translated in english as:
If you wan't to try, try and go the distance..
or something like that.

-bvc100 artworks-
All artworks (as of 2008) are featured at my blog: http://bvc100.blogspot.com

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.