Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 CLAMP Coloured Illustrations (How to do it!?) - Minitokyo

CLAMP Coloured Illustrations (How to do it!?)

page 1 of 1 10 total items

bigeejit

bigeejit

Sup?

I always wondered how CLAMP do their amazing colour illustrations. I'm not sure what they use, but I think they use watercolours (That's what my art teacher thinks anyway..). The Cardcaptor Sakura and Chobits illustrations are the ones that stumps me. I've tried to get the look but fail miserably. I wish I could achieve the same effects of their coloured illustrations. I have no idea what they use to outline them as well! (It's hairline thin brownish lines) The paper they use has no bumps or grainy bits in them when printed in artbooks.

Does anyone think they know what CLAMP uses in their colour illustrations? I'm really desperate to do illustrations like CLAMP! OX

I'll be so grateful if anyone can tell me how to paint, draw (or whatever they do) like CLAMP.

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

I have no clue, but they do detail some of their techniques in their artbooks. Check out North Side or South Side, one has a tutorial (I think...)

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ ---> for science vs religion discussion
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ ---> for tolerant people

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

Well, I forgot where I heard this, but i'm pretty sure they use Copic markers; or markers at least. http://www.copicmarker.com/← Go here for more info and where to buy.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

blackchii

blackchii

Enjou no Kougyoku

copic and airbrush

Signature

bigeejit

bigeejit

Sup?

:( tose copic markers are sooo expensive!

animeabigail

animeabigail

AbiGaiL~ &! xRukA....

They use watercolor or paint.

noxzmaze

noxzmaze

MazeaH

clamp has many way to illustrate.tokyo babelone all of them use color tone.x use poster color ,water color , achilic color,ink color,chinese ink,color tone,copic marker,and more.some pic they drawed or present paper!MKR CCS chobit use poster color, achilic color, copic marker.x holic use tone ,color tone,copic maker,TRC use copic maker.i saw clamp cg.it's a mokona set.i'm sorry.i cann't post this coz it's too small T-T. that's all my opinion -u-

I THINK IS WATERCOLOURS TOO.....

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

I was reading in CLAMP Kiseki the other night that they used color tones for Tokyo Babylon. This is apparently expensive and tedious, but produces nice works. Or that could just be CLAMP's level of talent. They also said they could do it at the time Tokyo Babylon was released because they didn't have a cat (meaning cat fur would stick to the color tones while they were being applied to the drawings).

CraftedWars

Totally confused @_@

they do use water colours but they also use those kind of markers which are meant for colouring mangas, another thing about the paper is that they use fine quality ones and they will spray something on top of the drawing before they scan it, so that the grainy bits won't be so obvious and that when they hv spray the stuff on the grainy bits will kinda stick to each other. I've seen how it was done at a "mangaka clinic" but if thats not the way they do it then i hv no idea.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.