AIR Wall/Doujin/Writers Competition

Group announcement by

page 1 of 1 17 total items

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

Cancel

Attention all, it's once again time for a competition to bring life and vigour back to this wonderful group, celebrating the most beautiful anime of 2005, AIR.

This competition will be an open competition and has been made to try and compensate for wallers, doujin artists and our educated scholars (aka writers X-P).

Competition Guidelines

The competition will be based on the theme (which is also strong in the anime) "The 1000th Summer". Submission can be either walls or doujins, having this theme and those specifications means you can do almost anything so we have also pulled in the literary component. Submissions are to be entered along with a poetic piece related to both the artwork and the theme. The poetic piece can either be incorporated into the wall itself or written in the description in the gallery entry, either way it must be there. Please keep in mind this is only a short piece, no narratives etc.

Extra Note:

To make this even more fun we are allowing, and highly encouraging, collaborative efforts meaning more than one person can work towards the piece. This might mean one will do the art while one attends to the poetic piece. This will be advantageous for those that haven't seen the anime but wish to compete in the competition as they will be able to do the wall and find someone in the group able to make an appropriate poetic piece, hence encouraging greater participation. If you were a waller requesting a collab partner you can find one yourself or send a PM to littlejonny100 or unicorn2006 and we'll try to match people up :D.

Submission

There will be one submission per person, however if you're in collaboration each person may have a submission. The final entry product is to be submitted into the MT galleries as you would normally (acknowledging all people involved). After submitting your entry send either littlejonny100 or unicorn2006 a PM to let them know of your intention to enter and where your submission is. We have also decided not to allow previous MT submission to be entered into the competition. At present the closing date has been set to the 1st of June, however depending on participation this may change, but don't count on it. After the closing date is reached we will then announce how the voting will proceed.

**RECAP**

1. Contest theme: "The 1000th Summer"
2. Submissions
- should contain an artistic + literary component
- artistic component: wallpapers, doujinshi
- literary component: poetry, lyrics, verse, etc (no fanfics or long stories)
- collaboration encouraged
- submit to MT, and post in this thread, or send a PM to littlejonny100 or unicorn2006

Cheers and good luck to all, we hope to see some beautiful works!

**--EDIT:--**
PLEASE NOTE THE NEW CLOSING DATE IS 1st OF JUNE
Well like we said the date may change, we obviously didn't leave enough time for people to discover this competition and then make a wall therefore there is over a month left until the new closing date. Any entries or simply questions....PM either littlejonny100 or unicorn2006. Cheers again X-P

**--EDIT 2:--**
The OFFICIAL closing date will remain the same, that is the 1st of June however we will continue accepting entries until the sunday, which i believe is the 4th of June. If you wish to use the extra couple of days feel free to.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Cancel

Sounds good! *thumbs up*

*disappears to think*

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

Cancel

Kyaa! No! A competition! Of AIR! XD XD
No! I wanna join! I wanna join! But scared no time to make a wall... :sweat:
Anyway...I might be joining...So...hope I can make it in time...

Latest Wall[s]: Gravity ReDefined

Cancel

Kyaaa! Air! I wanna a join! ku ku ku ku... *goes off to draw...*

sakuya-sama

sakuya-sama

Lonely Kitty

Cancel

I liked this idea XD

Last Work: Welcome to Golden Sea.
Pocket Wisdom? "(...) The best of us can find happiness in misery."

Signature

Cancel

AngelKate *blush* Will you be my partner please!

• Apr 14, 2006

moonelf313

Scanner

moonelf313

Just Pinky...

Cancel

I wish I had more time...hopefully the next contest I can participate in!

Signature
I'm no angel, but I've spread my wings a bit

chikage-kekinha

chikage-kekinha

.shine of the stars.

Cancel

Great! XD
I liked this idea too! :)

riku-chan

riku-chan

The One

Cancel

Really appreciate you efforts in organising this contest.. ^^ I guess we can look forward to lots of eye candy. Though I'll only have seven days to work with right now.. I probably won't be participating this time round (due to time constraints) but give it your best shot guys! ~ Ganbatte~

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Cancel

Great! Its been extended! That will help me. I don't know if I would have been able to get it done by May 1st or not. I still don't even have an idea of what I want to make yet. XD

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

Cancel

*gasp* Nooooo!
*ahem**hit her head and reminded her that it's good that the date has been extended**silly Taka* X-P
Ignore my stupidity. I'm spamming it. X-P
Anyway, great! Now I'll have a long time to think. :)

Latest Wall[s]: Gravity ReDefined

chichiri1907

chichiri1907

Sweet Dreams

Cancel

Thanks Unicorn for inviting me, and omg this sounds so nice to participate in, so I will try....now I just have to find a nice Air scan *thinks*

Signature Image
Suuki <3 made the amazing avatar/sig. set

rene3088

rene3088

call me ai~~

Cancel

Thanks for the invitation. I'll join it^^

Signature

KittyCyn

KittyCyn

Cyn Productions

Cancel

Well..I'll try to make a wallie and finish it b4 the ending day.... hopefully I'll have some time... -_-'

Signature

rythem

rythem

icon by trowicia@eljay

Cancel

whut ? along with a poetic piece ? D: *sucks at these things ..* ;____;

Signature

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

Cancel

If your stuck on the poetic piece then the way to go is to find someone in the group who can work with you. I have little artistic talent (and I lost all my imaging programs :() but if you give an outline of what your wall will be I may be able to help with a piece. I don't even know if the organisers were permitted to enter X-P but if you need help go into the group and find a friend who'll be bale to provide it.

Again if your in need of a collab partner say so and it'll be easier to pair people up.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

rubenz

rubenz

Asucaga Fan and Vector Addict

Cancel

thank you for the invitation ^^ i will join it and hopefully it will be finish before the ending day ^^

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.