Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What's with Mai Otome ending? - Minitokyo

What's with Mai Otome ending?

Tagged under My-Otome

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

****SPOILER****
for those who havent watched the ending to mai otome and dont want to be spoiled, please do not read further..

hye~
i just recently watched mai otome final episode..
ok, the battles were cool~ the otome-tachi got free from the contract, the obsidian and slaves all got vanished and nagi got arrested..

but how come a lance of the 'sapphire of the azure sky' of arika can hold of a hurrican/tornado of a harmonium-combined nina-chan? she was supposed to hold the legendary 'ultimate black diamond' and use harmonium, yet she got blown away?.. err.. i think its a bit illogical.. its really unsettling...

and they went thru the ozone rite? they should be burnt rite? urgghh.. i think anime focus less and less on realistic aspects..
also what happened to the aswad ppl? the ending only shows everyone came to mashiro's re-initiation of the castle with a big sunflower on top.. and that's it.
and i want sergay to end up with arika.. not nina.. for goodness sake, they lived as father and daughter for how many years...

i really feel injustice towards the anime ending.. but i cant hope for better ending.. this is frustrating..~

Signature

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Well, there are a few draw-backs but mai-otome still ended pretty well

1) regarding the ultimate black diamond and harmonium combined against, arika's sapphire, It wasn't really mentioned that the ultimate black diamond wasn't as powerful as the sapphire. It SEEMED like it but dat's pretty much it. So we can all assume that the sapphire is the strongest.

2) The ozone thing you have a point on. I guess its because they moved so fast that they broke thru the atmosphere with no problem but there suits did burn up in the atmosphere when they were falling rite?

3) In the end, it shows that Mashiro does keep her word with Aswald and lends them the nanomachine technology because we see Midori and Mashiro shaking hands and later, the Aswald knights just walking off afterwards.

4) Arika and Sergay wasn't really meant to be because of Sergay's position with Nagi and his loyalty to Artai. I think that Sergay was better with Nina since it was Nina who showed the most concern towards Sergay. The whole incest thing was blah but they were not actually related by blood, so that is okay I suppose. Plus, Sergay did lose his memory at the end after getting shot in the head, so it works out.

There are a lot of animes that have worse endings than this. I thought Otome had a pretty good ending, although a little common. Feel free to talk about the ending in my thread:
The End of Mai Otome *Spoilers*

I think it end pretty well compare to Mai-Hime. Actually it is a happy ending and dreams are meet, Arika wanting to be a great otome, Mashiro dreaming fo becoming a responsible leader, And Nina to be with Sergay. But is this meet my expectation? Hmmm... No, I really want to see more conflict between Arika and Nina fighting over Sergay affection but that didn't happen. But I still high hope for this anime co'z coming Mai-Otome OAV maybe some my wishes may come true

MarlinWahoo

MarlinWahoo

Lord of the Roc

I was not disappointed with Mai-Otome because I basically had this outlook on the whole series: It's a Mai-HiME parody that is just to make fun of the original series and give new insights to the characters. You SHOULD NOT watch Mai-Otome without first watching Mai-HiME. The comedy was very well done, and that's pretty much all that matters. Personally, I was much more disappointed with the romantic side of the ending for Canvas2 than with Mai-Otome.

Quote by snowrabbit****SPOILER****

and they went thru the ozone rite? they should be burnt rite? urgghh.. i think anime focus less and less on realistic aspects..

True. This is indeed the one part that made me go WTF!?! The Otome armour/suit was burned away by the entry heat and yet their human flesh was untouched. Plain ridiculous.

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Duplicate thread: The End of Mai Otome *Spoilers*

Closed

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.