Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Shana Flaming Heavens - Minitokyo

Shana Flaming Heavens

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

MarlinWahoo

MarlinWahoo

Lord of the Roc

I've nearly finished yet another Shakugan no Shana wallpaper. However, I'm not entirely sure about the text on the left side. I think it's way too busy, but a friend of mine likes it that way. Any opinions? Thanks.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2667/shanaflamingheavensample7ly.jpg

(by the by, the final version is 1600x1200. This is just a sample version so nobody steals it) ^_^'

Hmm...interesting background choice for this character...I'd vote to drop the band and text in order to better integrate the character and background (even if you kept the text, the font is really hard to read)...the text is not really necessary with that background
It would be nice if you could work with lighting etc. to make it look as the flames were going all around the girl

Elsie

Elsie

Snow.Drops*

Yeah, I agree with cyd84. The band and text don't look too good with the background and the text can be hardly read anyway. The fire around her look okay. It could be better though.

*Love is like quicksand, the longer you stay in, the harder it is to get out.*
Signature
Thanks for the ava and sig, PAche!

MarlinWahoo

MarlinWahoo

Lord of the Roc

I've removed the text. I didn't like it either. I also think that I figured out why it was so hard to see her. The falling stars in the background were too bright. I've faded them out and I've left the border in the foreground intact to accent it as an eye-catching piece. I did like your idea of mixing the falling stars into multiple layers to overlay Shana. I'll try that tomorrow. Until then, am I headed in the right direction on this new one:

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/2217/shanaflamingheavensample1rr.jpg

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

Well if your just asking about the text i think it's ok where it is, however you should make a better choice of the font it's in if you want to leave it. If you were to remove it there would be no complaints at all and would probably be easier for you. Also i think you should try to make your tag along the bottom a little more subtle. The new one looks good but with the area where the text was it looks a little empty cause it's dark, i also found the contrast with stars and the background better in your first version. Guess it all comes down to opinion.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

MarlinWahoo

MarlinWahoo

Lord of the Roc

Okay. I've put the title text back in as a new font, and I've mixed falling stars over the picture of Shana in the foreground so that it looks like they're falling around her. I'm running out of ideas for improvements. Anymore suggestions? This little project looks like it's wrapping up.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/37/shanaflamingheavensample7ti.jpg

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

wow! its a really good wallpaper!

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

I like. I think it would be good to have a couple of brighter shooting stars, and I like the idea of having some of them go past her, like she's amid the meteor shower instead of in front of it. I think she's got more personality than you're giving her. Instead of fading out the background, try to find a way to make her more exciting. This is a really good wall!

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.