Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you use the elite gallery viewing option? - Minitokyo

Do you use the elite gallery viewing option?

Are you using the elite gallery viewing option right now?

Yes
9 votes
No
48 votes
No, but I might use it in the future...
13 votes
...elite gallery? *oblivious*
10 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

...Just did a quick search for it and didn't see anything along those lines, so a quick thread. I'm really curious as to how many people are using the elite gallery option right now... if you are or are not using it, I'd be interested in hearing why either way. How well is it working for you?

i dont use it and always thought it was a stupid idea no offense. since if people are just gonna browse, itd be nice to tihnk that everyone's work is included regardless if it is good or not. i tihnk a system like this just discourages new wallers and such from being noticed, but thats just my opinion

I use both.

Finalzero0000

Ninja Commander

I use the elite gallery. I'm trying to see if it's any good. So far, I see less pictures being shown, but none of the pictures I see are bad quality.

kyubinaruto

kyubinaruto

The tabibi gang member

I haven't.... yet... Probably a few months later or maybe never. I don't want to miss any submissions >.<

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

Even without the use of the Elite Gallery, uploads seem slow, so I really don't see a reason except to know that your work can be placed in there if it's good enough, kinda an extra booster but other than, I don't use it.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

I did, depends, I switch back and forth, sometimes, but nonetheless, I am glad to comment on some works that are bad, and extremely good.
(that being my personal preferences from extreme ends...) I tend to comment on really really bad walls...and then comment on really really good walls...
those somewhere along the middle, often I just check them out. So it depends.
A trend I use is that I usually use the elite gallery after I haven't checked back in 4 days time, so I can see the good ones first. Then, surfing back, I will look at the lesser impressive ones and see what I can find.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Modi

Modi

God of battle rage

Quote by crapmonsteri dont use it and always thought it was a stupid idea no offense. since if people are just gonna browse, itd be nice to tihnk that everyone's work is included regardless if it is good or not. i tihnk a system like this just discourages new wallers and such from being noticed, but thats just my opinion

tho i kinda feel this ultra tiny bit of wrongness for doing so fact is while i do enjoy looking at all things, i personaly prefer being doused in nothing but uber walls. i spent freaking years and years just like most of u ppl prolly did hunting the best and now i've finaly found a place where i can see nothing but the best if i want to well i want to it's not like i dont see other walls at all i still hunt the web MT is just sorta my home base now

Komm Susser Tod
the sad wish of a warrior
with noone and nothing
to fight for.

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Yah to be honest I don't use it either. Lots of reasons why, but one of the main reason is not being able to see all my walls in that viewing option... when it first came out I tested the option out for a couple minutes, discovered that fact, got really bummed out and switched it right back. So my theory is that most wallers... don't use that option... am I right?

nageni-kun

nageni-kun

Rawrr!

Having another 'elite' gallery just adds to more things I need to look through and quite frankly, I think it's just adding to the growing presence of clutter.

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

I don't.
how surprising you will say [/sarcasm] XD You obviously can know why on the official thread.

well, right now the situation for me is closer to "you have no choice, accept it, you did what you could." So I browse the gallery to remove/add items to the gallery the best I can. But hum, yeah, trying to stay fair in an unfair system is not an easy job.

nejika

nejika

sry not active as i use to be

I don't but sometimes i use it to see great work. I rarely use it and i think why not look others work too? besides elite gallery. ^_^'

Signature
"artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
------->>Currently Inactive

Exterminator

Exterminator

Exterminator

i dont really know why they made the elite gallery in the first place, but from my perpective, its pretty much useless, i can find what i want in the normal gallery.

Aside from switching over once or twice to see how it worked, I haven't been using the elite gallery option and have no intention of doing so in the future
I prefer sorting through the gallery myself and commenting on whatever catches my interest...I don't find the submission number in the regular gallery to be overwhelming in any case so I'd rather be able to see all the submissions
Really the addition of the elite gallery has had almost no effect on my gallery viewing habits

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Nope! I like going through all of the artwork and checking out some good submissions that I would have otherwise missed if I used the Elite Gallery option. I tried it out at first and realized that almost half the doujinshi weren't there! (And the "newest addition" was from a number of weeks ago!)

Signature Image

no , XD cause, there are bunch of awsome stuffs out there which are still in regular gal (especially , doujinshi ), so I don't want to miss good things . However, I still think the Elite gal idea is pretty nice, in order for minitokyo to show off good stuffs

Bluearth

Bluearth

A Panda lover??

Nope, because I would most probably be missing out most of the newer works as they need to be processed..... Besides it isn't fun to just see all the better works, it is better to see everything because there's a lot more stuff to see. Unless I don't come to minitokyo for many days then, I might consider using the elite gallery.

Join the Panda Lublub today! Check the following links for more info on mt!!
Upcoming news on credits system!! Guide to Mt3:Credits,browsing and moreGuide on making gallery commentsSignature Image

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

Nope, why would I? None of my drawings made it to the elite category XD... Kidding, actually, I don't browse the galleries much these days, because of a lack of time (I love being a student <.<) But fireflywishes' got a point, half the doujins didn't make it, and those that did were almost all modified by computer or coloured from what I could notice... besides, I don't like commenting on only good pieces, I mean, commenting, for me, is meant to help people improve their wall or drawing, so what's the point on commenting only on those who already are "elite"? That's just me...

tAtEkAnE

tAtEkAnE

Eats You!

<<<< just pimps walls here xD i use the non-elite coz im lazy to change now that i have it in that setup

Signature Image

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I haven't turned it on at all. There's only like 2 of my walls in there anyway so it just kinda bums me out. Besides, I like giving other wallers my insight. Not just the awesome ones.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

i dont use it
i think that most of the wallpapers are really good and deserve to be in the elite gallery
so if i used the elite gallery viewing i would be missing a lot of the good work

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

I use it when looking for older walls that are top quality. However, it's not so useful on a day-to-day basis. I really wish there was an easier entry point rather than going to the browsing options.

Signature Image

Phren

Phren

Kodoku no Koe

no way. Plently of the non-'elite' walls are good, just because someone hasn't noticed them and approved doesn't determine the quality of the image. half the point of looking through the gallery is to find images you like, not having someone else do it for you.

.../X\(. .)/X\ *scuttle*

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Quote by fireflywishesI tried it out at first and realized that almost half the doujinshi weren't there! (And the "newest addition" was from a number of weeks ago!)

... >_>

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.