Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Mangaka stumbling first steps - Minitokyo

Mangaka stumbling first steps

page 1 of 1 5 total items

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Have you noticed that the first volumes of a manga are sometimes drawn crappily compared to the later volumes? I noticed this with Tenjho Tenge and Oh! My Goddess.

I have noticed it quite a bit. This is especially true for early series by mangaka... I think it is normal because I don't know of anybody who can draw perfectly straight from the start!
So it is normal to improve on your skill as you draw more and more! Later on, when you have pretty much reached your peak, then you don't improve as much and the difference is not seen so clearly...

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Actually about Tenjho Tenge...I noticed that it was actually Oh! Great stumbling in the beginning. Looking back at all his works before Tenten, they were all drawn in that style. It was only in the early volumes of Tenten that he suddenly changed over to a much more realistic (and better) style.

sonryu

sonryu

DVD Box Designer

Just about all manga starts off like that; Oh! My Goddess is a shining example though. The mangaka just hasn't matured their style yet; it takes time to refine it. I have a hard time re-reading the beginning of OMG; it's horrible to look at compared to chapters released now (I still wish he'd change Keichi's haircut though; I don't like it). Berserk too; it was always detailed, but the style is much more mature and refined now.

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

True, a manga ka's style does change, but like everyone else's post has detailed, an artist's style reaches it's best, eventually, then it is consistent. I know my early work was horrid, since I never used the construction lines for years, then took a few classes, and now...well, there is always room for improvement, right?
I digress; thinking back to your observation, I read once that, when one has a serialized manga, and the demands/deadlines are a factor, it is either keep going, thus improving, or quit and find a different job.

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.